Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 543
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,380
    NPS, UTHGS, OTPHJ
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

    fuck that noise.

    gmen.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyNovaks View Post
    How do you guys adjust the release value on your polestraps?
    Bend over and Iíll show ya


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    7,110
    Crosspost from sprockets forum:

    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    What you say is "stupid" I say is: FANTASTIC!*

    https://www.mtbr.com/threads/can-you...rence.1195185/

    *in that car crash sort of way.
    In case you want to see OPs summertime version of this thread.

    Itís 13 pages of him doing $1000 - $10,000 call outs for someone to travel to Vermont to beat him on his local XC trails without dropping their bike seat down. Act now as travel costs are included!

  4. #504
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,243
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyNovaks View Post
    How do you guys adjust the release value on your polestraps?
    I crank my pole straps up to 18, of course.

    Funniest line from that MTBR thread: "I am literally a millionaire, I own a 100 acre farm in northern vermont, the money is your if you can actually keep up."
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    7,780

    Why arent Releasable poles straps the standard?

    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I crank my pole straps up to 18, of course.

    Funniest line from that MTBR thread: "I am literally a millionaire, I own a 100 acre farm in northern vermont, the money is your if you can actually keep up."
    I went down the rabbit hole too- thanks for posting that thread bennymac

    the conclusion I came up with was that nobody was willing to spend even a moment with this guy, even for $10k
    skid luxury

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    3,566
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I went down the rabbit hole too- thanks for posting that thread bennymac

    the conclusion I came up with was that nobody was willing to spend even a moment with this guy, even for $10k
    Well hold on. I would go ski some chute in Vermont or wherever for $10k. Everything has a price.

    But the thing is, Iíd be more likely to go ski with him for fun than for $1k, but that isnít what heís here for. And I donít quite understand that.
    focus.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,893
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I crank my pole straps up to 18, of course.
    Mine only goes to 11. FKNA

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    525
    Damn it all, I thought this horrendous thread was dead.

    Euthanize it.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,236
    I thought pole calibration was a topic reserved for early April discussion.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Damn it all, I thought this horrendous thread was dead.

    Euthanize it.
    ^ someoneís straps are a little tight todayÖÖ


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Euthanize it.
    What are you talking about? This thread's a shitfight, but there's gold in here. Completely off the rails, without descending in to poliassdom. I love it.

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    ahead
    Posts
    109
    Bushwacka if you're listening - I'll ski with you for $500

  13. #513
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Bushwacka if you're listening - I'll ski with you for $500
    Hell Iíll ski with ya anytime for fun.

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,872
    I just wanted to post in this epic thread to say I've made a lot of ski poles and maybe even released some straps NTTIAWT..

    Signed a former knuckledragging life link employee.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park, Vt
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Bushwacka if you're listening - I'll ski with you for $500
    Eh the entire point was never about skiing with anyone. It was about proving someone wrong. I have plenty of people to ski with, honestly sometimes too many people.....

    The reality of this entire situation is that is really is not worth it for me because to prove who I actually am to random troll requires exposing to much of my legit life online. I honestly think the very fact I was willing to pay out so much money with out asking for anything in return is what made people extra angry.

    if you, or anyone else want to ski some tight eastern wood and maybe head the chute in question in this video, I am game. I am not paying out any money, it is not a challenge. Not because I can not pay out the money or hold up my challenge but because people are just getting so fucking angry. The entire point of the any of my challenges is actually HATE internet bickering, and realistically would just like see for myself in real life.

    Mustoren , Yetiman tells me your a good guy, and honestly I d rather just show you around then some pretense of stupid bullshit internet things. Maybe some day Ill make it to the UP during a storm cycle and see Bohemia because that places looks rad.

  16. #516
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    16,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I honestly think the very fact I was willing to pay out so much money with out asking for anything in return is what made people extra angry.
    no, it was the hubris

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hyde Park, Vt
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    no, it was the hubris
    The hubris would have stopped if someone would have beat me......I have like zero pride and like no self confidence. If I had self confidence why would I need for someone to come beat me? I would just know I was better and leave it at that. The entire point of offering money was to try to force people hands into making their point in person instead of behind anonymous screen names.

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,586
    yeah? so, how did that work out for ya?

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    The hubris would have stopped if someone would have beat me......I have like zero pride and like no self confidence. If I had self confidence why would I need for someone to come beat me? I would just know I was better and leave it at that. The entire point of offering money was to try to force people hands into making their point in person instead of behind anonymous screen names.
    You sure do say a lot of shit over the internet for someone who doesn't like people saying shit over the internet.

    Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    70
    Don't poke the bear to hard.

    He's already been banned from MTBR.

    He's already been banned from EpicPugski (a friend told me)

    If he's kicked off of here, which seems hard. what then?

    Are we supposed to just laugh at Benny for a month till skiing starts and we have lives again?

    Think about your future while you have the chance.

    jummo

  21. #521
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    16,066
    Seems to have a trollish intransigence thatís going to fly well here ó sort of reminiscent of highway star

  22. #522
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Seems to have a trollish intransigence that’s going to fly well here — sort of reminiscent of highway star
    Oh yeah. That guy was cool.

    Hey you don't suppose........

    jummo

  23. #523
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    306
    Dont ski with pole straps!

  24. #524
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,458
    Pole straps are for hanging up my poles.
    If they released my poles would be on the ground.
    ďIím a subhuman jizz monkeyĒ

    Thx mods. Itís an awesome signature.

  25. #525
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Pole straps are for hanging up my poles.
    If they released my poles would be on the ground.
    No question, not sure why we need releasable straps when no one uses them while actually skiing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •