Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You mean a "sleeve" of beer, not a "pint? Thats a British Columbia thing.
    Had a pint of beer at your local pub lately? Not likely, and certainly not legally.
    It turns out the pint does not technically exist in British Columbia, due to a strange and disparate brew of federal and provincial regulations.
    The federal government insists that anyone who claims to be selling a pint in Canada had better pour a full Imperial pint measuring 20 ounces, or 568.26 millilitres.
    The province’s Liquor Control and Licensing Branch, however, stipulates that individual servings of draft beer cannot exceed 500 millilitres or 17.5 ounces — effectively legislating a legal pint out of existence in British Columbia.
    I could give a fuck about the semantics that was yer pure double entendre there where i get fucked up by the consumption OF the pints

are you the same guy who was btiching about the size of a 2x4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I could give a fuck about the semantics that was yer pure double entendre there where i get fucked up by the consumption OF the pints

are you the same guy who was btiching about the size of a 2x4 ?
    Melvin 2x4 out of Jackson is a delicious beer and is poured in 16 oz pints in the tasting room. Yum.

Name:  cCD5hGHh2sYeeMhwBgJg9Fjj7DHTj6-161-front_large.png
Views: 1396
Size:  132.9 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So....
    focus.

Josh-
    It’s awesome to see after all these years, while I got old and fat you’re the same Josh and skiing better than ever.

I ski with Mustonen a lot, skiing-wise I promise he’ll take your $1000, I promise he will. I wouldn’t dangle that too hard.

I love my pole straps, I have the super non-releasable non-adjustable deathstraps from old school rental poles, because I’m a noodler. But Mt Bohemia is snaggly, so I made a pair of extra tree-mode Bohemia poles, the burliest heaviest-gauge alsop rental poles with pow baskets, and the grippy-rubber grips off some old smiths, strapless. I find with going strapless that super grippy rubber is nice. I thought I would notice, but aside from dropping them sometimes when I’m standing around not skiing, I don’t notice at all.

This thread is hall of fame. 5 Starz.

This thread delivers. Figured quick click and out, but it was cover to cover.

Curious, what's up with the videos of the dude with the weird double planty arm flailing thing on that 32 degree chute?

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Curious, what's up with the videos of the dude with the weird double planty arm flailing thing on that 32 degree chute?
    we aren't sure. i was gonna ask you.
    swing your fucking sword.

32 is the new 45

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    dude you so funny.

here is the deal.

If you can some here and ski that chute with out stopping and with out falling Ill give you 1k.

PM if you want to do this.
    Shit man...I take your challenge in exchange for a spot on couch for the weekend.

Don’t know if I can ski it or not...but I’d be saving a couple hundo on a hotel room.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

One of the strangest exchanges I have ever read on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    32 is the new 45
    I'm still convinced he has degrees and percentage mixed up.
    45 degree slope is a 100 percent slope
    but
    24 degrees is 45 percent

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    This whole thread is one of the strangest exchanges on the internet. I didn’t know there were so many ways to hold a pole.

Maybe some more “experienced” ladies can add to this EPIC thread.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    And I’m done with this thread.
    Sorry if I added to the degradation of this thread.
    “Don’t feed the trolls” “but it’s so easy”
    Sorry.
    Not acceptable. I’m getting getting waaaay too much entertainment out of this for you to drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    You haven't been here long.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    I do the same, but I use the Leki Trigger S straps at the ski area and like them.
    Do you have trouble getting the loops to snap in? Especially on icy cold days?
    Mine feel like they need lubrication, and seem inordinately difficult to engage - sometimes it will feel like you are in, and yet you didn't get it in far enough to engage the catch/latch.

Mine are a year old, and frankly if I don't have a lemon pair, I'd probably avoid buying them again.
    I like the concept, but mine just don't work that well.

When your pole is at 45 degrees then you become a bushwhacker.

I agree % grade concept.

Isn’t one of these videos supposed to be a powder run? Which one? Confused.

And I always learned that it’s whole hand thru the strap loop from below, then grab the pole with the strap laying flat between the palm and the pole grip.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    And I always learned that it’s whole hand thru the strap loop from below, then grab the pole with the strap laying flat between the palm and the pole grip.
    This. I don't know what the heck everyone else is talking about.

I asked my question above (which I do hope GregL answers, BTW), before the thing blew up into crazy-land.
    Then kept reading and I'm all confused.

But then, this whole thread is the kind of thing you could only truly appreciate after huffing some aqua-seal, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Do you have trouble getting the loops to snap in? Especially on icy cold days?
    Mine feel like they need lubrication, and seem inordinately difficult to engage - sometimes it will feel like you are in, and yet you didn't get it in far enough to engage the catch/latch.

Mine are a year old, and frankly if I don't have a lemon pair, I'd probably avoid buying them again.
    I like the concept, but mine just don't work that well.
    Flip over and bang them on your boot soles real quick when they get like that. Works for me.

I like mine in the resort, and no straps for side or back country

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I agree % grade concept.

Isn’t one of these videos supposed to be a powder run? Which one? Confused.

This is how my race coach taught us this at young age, saves your thumbs and provides leverage.

Ok so I mean 45 degrees.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LTC.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	346.7 KB 
ID:	365046

Its never gets below 33 degrees in pitch.

Why arent Releasable poles straps the standard?

Ok. I got done with the day skiing, came back, read the second half of this thread, laughed out loud, begged Dee not to leave, then went to pick up dinner, came back, ate it, and realized I was still chuckling.

This is quality stuff.

I’d like to officially thank everyone involved. This is fantastic. Better than Netflix. My goal is to essentially be one of the old guys on the muppets watching down as this thread just keeps going and going...

Anybody care to weigh in on what stiffness boots are appropriate for a 45 degree/percent slope?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Not acceptable. I’m getting getting waaaay too much entertainment out of this for you to drop out.
    Did the US quit when they bombed Pearl Harbor? There was a time when I thought I even drank myself under the table. Like, is a shart your limit? I was sitting outside Fullsail, a belly full of fish and chips and a little pot brownie, back when you might be getting 10 mg or 250 mg because the guy making them was playing “one for you, one for me” while cooking them, floated in some Barleywine, face in hands... you, John E, Fitz, Dave might have been there...you guys told me to get my shit together.

Paulette was pissed but not because of the consumption driven shart, but that I was being a bitch. You dudes hooked me up. You threw me in the back of the truck. I heard someone yell “skinny dip” and the next I knew my balls were shriveled up to my Adam’s apple and Paulette’s nips were so hard you could set an edge bevel with them and we were belly button deep in the Columbia. I owe you for that night. I have never had a third date go so well. She never found out about the shart.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Did the US quit when they bombed Pearl Harbor? There was a time when I thought I even drank myself under the table. Like, is a shart your limit? I was sitting outside Fullsail, a belly full of fish and chips and a little pot brownie, back when you might be getting 10 mg or 250 mg because the guy making them was playing “one for you, one for me” while cooking them, floated in some Barleywine, face in hands... you, John E, Fitz, Dave might have been there...you guys told me to get my shit together.

Paulette was pissed but not because of the consumption driven shart, but that I was being a bitch. You dudes hooked me up. You threw me in the back of the truck. I heard someone yell “skinny dip” and the next I knew my balls were shriveled up to my Adam’s apple and Paulette’s nips were so hard you could set an edge bevel with them and we were belly button deep in the Columbia. I owe you for that night. I have never had a third date go so well. She never found out about the shart.
    Fitz is the guy you really need to thank. Didja notice after the dunking that you had clean clothes to wear? And that they didn’t fit quite right? Well, we knew you and Paulette were meant to be together (at least for a while) and we didn’t want the drinking till you shit thing to be a deal breaker, so Fitz gave you his clothes and rode back in the pickup bed in yours. Beyond the call for sure. Of course, he didn’t have much choice. Rontele pretty much made him do it.

Also, you are much less of a bitch when you are hammered now. Which is good.

For what it’s worth, at least half of that crew would have straightlined that chute, 45 degrees/percent whatever. You and me included. And Paulette too.

Fuck, she raced the tram with all of us too. And I don’t think she spilled her drink on the way down either, which is impressive when it’s a scotch on the rocks.