Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Just about every stupid question asked can be answered with goggle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

"Personal attack" redirects here. For the Wikipedia policy, see Wikipedia:No personal attacks.

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments, some but not all of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a diversion to some irrelevant but often highly charged issue. The most common form of this fallacy is "A makes a claim x, B asserts that A holds a property that is unwelcome, and hence B concludes that argument x is wrong".
    With Goggle- do you need some Rose colored lenses in those Goggles or will any lenses be fine to find these answers (or do you mean Wikipedia since that is what your link points to or in fact found that through Google???)

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The terrain looks cool. I’d love to ski something like that someday. I think the caption is better than if you told a “What’s better than winning gold at the special olympics” joke but not by much.

Ummm...why didn’t you just ask about pole straps then? I have never read the dummies guide to being an influencer or 50 ways to make side gig money on the internet but it seems like people might question the motives behind posting your YouTube video. Cast aside the fact that you were basically blowing Salomon over their releasable grips while footnoting a request for them to send you some stances to do a review on. Yes, I added a view to your count and watched the whole thing. I hope you keep a little view purse to keep all your views to trade for advertising duckets or free gear someday.

Really, you look like a technically proficient skier with some cool terrain around.

But this wasn’t really about releasable grips as much as view count. But then your ego kicked in and defense is the name of the game. Now there will be a grip of maggots skiing that chute and sending you the invoices.

I’m willing to eat fat crow if you really just wanted to talk about pole straps.
    Honestly the sending me skis was a joke.......couldnt you tell by the tone of my voice? I only want them because I skied on them but cant buy them on pro form yet....

The channel will never make money though youtube, its impossible, the highest subs ski tech channels have about 30k subs which is basically nothing youd be making dozens of dollars a month with that..... I would be better awful if my goal was to make money doing an RC crawler channel, or a full scale crawler channel. The only way I for see youtube generating any meaning full income is getting to the point I can do patreon videos and charge a dollar a month to watch. again if the content is helpful to those people then its good. for all involved.

Posting here was more because I know a ton mags never use pole straps. I really did just want talk about pole strap useage, I am a giant ski nerd. Have you not seen my post on other technical stuff like the boot thread? While I plan to make a video on that stuff eventually I posted some info in this thread https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-are-too-stiff just to provide a perspective as someone who does alignment diagnoses on the hill and mentors many instructor and non instructor on their equipment.

IMO no one would ever make money at any passion if their sole purpose was to make money. It has to have heart, soul and years of dedication to get to that level knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Can we turn this into a pole quiver thread?
    Some mags pole is probably quivering in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Epic Ski lives!
    /Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    With Goggle- do you need some Rose colored lenses in those Goggles or will any lenses be fine to find these answers (or do you mean Wikipedia since that is what your link points to or in fact found that through Google???)
    don't ask me
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Edit: just to laugh a little at all the parents of sweet little under 12 year old daughters who have no idea what’s coming. Yes Danno, talking to you.
    you mean it gets worse????
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAA!! Not being a parent but a witness to others... you're in for a real treat. Like a friend of mine said, having a son is so much easier, you only have to worry about one dick. With a daughter, you have to worry about hundreds.

A slight nuance but hundreds of poles. Given the thread we're in.

Hey, this is a place to post my favorite pole story. I was skiing with a buddy in Tahoe one day during one of those Epic storm cycles. He plants his pole and loses his grip, and now it's buried. We spend fifteen minutes trying to find it and give up. Come back two runs later, and I almost ski over it! Isn't that cool?

So, I guess he should have had his straps on. I guess. But he has a fucked up shoulder from snagging one in an Alta chute. Who knows.

Oh, and one time I was skiing in SLC the same week that the BSA was in Park City. Hot, hot women walking around in tight fartbags. Well, somebody steals my poles! Damnit. Next day I look down from the lift and there's a black guy with, maybe, my poles! (Distinctive two day glo colored Scotts or something. Early 90s) Now, as a liberal kinda guy, boy, I was conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just wait until you and Ms Danno enter your Stupid Phase. Happens when girls turn 12 or so.

Let’s get back off track here.

https://youtu.be/uGnGtkbwkeY

Strong pole work, no straps, this was filmed in Vermont I think.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, this is a place to post my favorite pole story. I was skiing with a buddy in Tahoe one day during one of those Epic storm cycles. He plants his pole and loses his grip, and now it's buried. We spend fifteen minutes trying to find it and give up. Come back two runs later, and I almost ski over it! Isn't that cool?

So, I guess he should have had his straps on. I guess. But he has a fucked up shoulder from snagging one in an Alta chute. Who knows.
    Obvious answer is he just needs powder cords on those grips and not straps.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck with the theft story Benny?!?

God this thread never fucking stops.

I sat down in the lodge for a minute, and someone stole my breakfast meats.

Right out of my pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Obvious answer is he just needs powder cords on those grips and not straps.
    Do you need them in the east?

By the way, I'm half Polish.

That euro skier, never would cut it in the east. Poles too long, no straps, and double pole plants.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

...this was filmed in Vermont I think.
    Unpossible. That chute can't be more than 110%.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I'm sorry, but what the fuck with the theft story Benny?!?
    Was just about to say the same thing. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, and one time I was skiing in SLC the same week that the BSA was in Park City. Hot, hot women walking around in tight fartbags. Well, somebody steals my poles! Damnit. Next day I look down from the lift and there's a black guy with, maybe, my poles! (Distinctive two day glo colored Scotts or something. Early 90s) Now, as a liberal kinda guy, boy, I was conflicted.
    You still sound conflicted. 30 years later.

A ski instructor stole my poles once. I worked at the hill, had a good idea who it was. Called them out on it and got them back.

He didn't know how to use them anyways

The poles were K2 V8 Extremes, with a soft neon green grip. An instructor bought them for me after falling onto me in the lift line, breaking one of my other poles.

At the ski area I worked at every dirtbag had mismatched poles from the lost and found (myself included).

Last uber deep Tahoe day in February, ski partner augered into deep dense snow drift, did a slow twisting fall, and released from his binding. As he felt the binding release, he stabbed his pole next to his boot and let go (no straps in use). The ski was at least 4 feet under the snow but the pole handle (only thing showing) pinpointed the buried ski. A super clutch move.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Last uber deep Tahoe day in February, ski partner augered into deep dense snow drift, did a slow twisting fall, and released from his binding. As he felt the binding release, he stabbed his pole next to his boot and let go (no straps in use). The ski was at least 4 feet under the snow but the pole handle (only thing showing) pinpointed the buried ski. A super clutch move.
    That is clutch. I’d like to know who his equipment mentor is.