Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I used to have a pair of red poles. Never used the straps. Fastest fucking poles around. Lost one when it fell off my snowmobile while working on the mountain because I just would loop the straps over my skis on the rack. Straps are worthless, should've just cut em like the rest of my poles.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Why is everyone skating so much? Ya'll ski areas that flat?
    Yes. What kind of a question is that?

And if you're going to type like a slovenly, uneducated simpleton, at least have the decency to correctly punctuate your gibberish contractions. Y'all, please. Show the toothless cousin fuckers of the world some respect.

My best skating is when I’m on acid. Never can figure out the straps. Current poles are pink. Previous ones, which I bought in the mid-90’s, were red. Super fast cuz lots of speedy acid back then. Who’s bringing the DMT to the ski-off?!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    My best skating is when I’m on acid. Never can figure out the straps. Current poles are pink. Previous ones, which I bought in the mid-90’s, were red. Super fast cuz lots of speedy acid back then. Who’s bringing the DMT to the ski-off?!
    How topical. I just tried skiing on a half tab for the first time today. I can recommend it.

But then again, I don't use straps.

Sent from my SM-T705W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    No thank you. Went skiing on a couple black pyramid geltabs back in high school, only wanted to go faster and faster till I pinged my shoulder off a tree and went flying through the aspens head first with nothing to protect my noggin but a Bula band.

No need to impair my already limited faculties.

Which is why I use pole straps.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    No thank you. Went skiing on a couple black pyramid geltabs back in high school, only wanted to go faster and faster till I pinged my shoulder off a tree and went flying through the aspens head first with nothing to protect my noggin but a Bula band.

No need to impair my already limited faculties.

Which is why I use pole straps.
    But did you win the ski(-)off.

I had some black pyramids with a friend at mt baldy once. It was a bulletproof day that never warmed up. Super fun (and funny). I hadn't thought of it as a skioff until now, but i clearly won. If he checks this forum, maybe he'll chime in and disagree (would be stoked to do it again!)

Some friends and i thought we'd check out Mendel and ice nine once, but first ate some mushrooms with breakfast. It was a warm sunny day with two fresh feet of hot powder conditions. We went up the apron for a look until one friend noted that the snow was getting kinda loose (i thought it was just me). We all won! Face shots and pinwheels to safety. But somehow, i still won the skioff cuz i didn't get burnt to a crisp like the rest.

No pole straps were hurt or harmed of those trips.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Re: the skioff, shouldn't it be two runs? One with straps, one without?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Re: the skioff, shouldn't it be two runs? One with straps, one without?
    No. Should be 2 divisions of ski offs.

Pole Strap Conference or PSC.

No Strap Conference or NSC.

Some may even argue for a 3rd hybrid.

Releasable Strap Division or RSD.

All will have wildly different finishing times due to pole strap structure.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can we have a "Pole Talk" forum so I can just go to one place for all my pole related discussion and reviews?

I'm tired of having to sift through all this ski and binding talk just to get to the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Can we have a "Pole Talk" forum so I can just go to one place for all my pole related discussion and reviews?

I'm tired of having to sift through all this ski and binding talk just to get to the goods.
    Show us your pole quiver.

The OP seems conspicuously absent from furthering this. What gives, OP?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

This seems opposite of the call outs normally found here.

You're going to have to buy me a drink first, sailor.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    He gowwwwwn.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Mustoreon seems like too nice of a guy to start shit with honestly I would be the wrong head space if I took someone to this chute and it was legit dangerous just to watch them fail for 1000 dollars......, and SO VT joey already declined my first offer and he quite frankly sounds like a piece of work. If anyone want to come try to ski that line on a day its safe id be happy to show them, yourself included buttah.

BTW Yetiman miss skiing with ya bud, you have always been the real deal.

Nobody wants to see your quivering pole.

Why arent Releasable poles straps the standard?

Jesus, what a douchey bail out. There are plenty of legit skiers on this forum who ski shit so far beyond that. On a regular basis.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

speaking of dooshy, wtf is going on with that neck beard?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Nobody wants to see your quivering pole.
    How about we start with just the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Jesus, what a douchey bail out. There are plenty of legit skiers on this forum who ski shit so far beyond that. On a regular basis.
    dude So joey declined my offer, and quite frankly that chute will kill someone until another 6-12 inches of bonded snow fall on it. its eastern ice right now. Again many Smuggs/stowe mags ski that line pretty regularly. Its flat out dangerous in icey conditions. its a legit 45 degrees. The Original Deal with So_Vt was just showing him where it was to film him, there was never any money involved. I ll stand by that offer if he still wants to do it but unlike Must who kept its civil, he seems like an ass and I will literally not care if he falls down the whole thing.

Go head Tahoe J pile on, because of how butt hurt I made you feel about your skiing one day. Its cool.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    speaking of dooshy, wtf is going on with that neck beard?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Go head Tahoe J pile on, because of how butt hurt I made you feel about your skiing one day. Its cool.
    We’ve never met. No idea what you’re talking about. But keep up those Dolphin turns.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

dude So joey declined my offer, and quite frankly that chute will kill someone until another 6-12 inches of bonded snow fall on it. its eastern ice right now. Again many Smuggs/stowe mags ski that line pretty regularly. Its flat out dangerous in icey conditions. its a legit 45 degrees. The Original Deal with So_Vt was just showing him where it was to film him, there was never any money involved. I ll stand by that offer if he still wants to do it but unlike Must who kept its civil, he seems like an ass and I will literally not care if he falls down the whole thing.

Do you have any more video of that death chute/line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Mustoreon seems like too nice of a guy to start shit with honestly I would be the wrong head space if I took someone to this chute and it was legit dangerous just to watch them fail for 1000 dollars......, and SO VT joey already declined my first offer and he quite frankly sounds like a piece of work. If anyone want to come try to ski that line on a day its safe id be happy to show them, yourself included buttah.

BTW Yetiman miss skiing with ya bud, you have always been the real deal.
    So TLDR you’re backtracking on the $1k. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    We’ve never met. No idea what you’re talking about. But keep up those Dolphin turns.
    I will, and you could never do them because your arent balanced while you ski.

BTW this was original offer to So_VT joey, Ill stand by it, even though it seemed pretty clear he knew he was better than me. If he is who he says it, skiing that chute should be no issue on ice. I can do either wednesday or thursday or friday afternoon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SO-VT joey.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	365618