Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Do you think I will need one? I could add that into the travel expenses.
    Yes. I'd say go full size, no donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Dude... can you hear yourself?

Simmer down, Karen.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    I think the bigger problem is he can only hear himself.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Imagine still using pole straps.

Eight pages of maggots talking about their poles. Winning.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    But how do you hold your pole?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    With two hands

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Please tell me you are going to actually go ski this moderately steep “chute”.
    Yes. I am attempting to take him up on this. I’m a blue collar boy, $1000 is a good days pay for a 4 hour round trip and some skiing at steaux. Especially with expenses paid as well.

I hope he is busy giving lessons today so he can post the video later of himself with the money.

Has me thinking... if he’s gonna pay me a grand maybe I should go up Thursday night with my girl and grab a hotel room. Do the whole nine yards.

Prolly not though. Just go up, get my thousand dollars and come home in true dirt bag style.

How’s this a free for all? First come first serve? Honestly, if I’m going to do the things I’d need to do with my schedule to take a ski vacation, I’m not sure I wouldn’t pay $1k to go to UT over VT. Unless it’s going off down there....

But you guys jumping all over my bounty before I’ve properly turned it down seems overly opportunistic.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    How’s this a free for all? First come first serve? Honestly, if I’m going to do the things I’d need to do with my schedule to take a ski vacation, I’m not sure I wouldn’t pay $1k to go to UT over VT. Unless it’s going off down there....

But you guys jumping all over my bounty before I’ve properly turned it down seems overly opportunistic.
    An open challenge as I interpreted it. But we all know he’s not going to step up.

Why arent Releasable poles straps the standard?

Ok sounds like you just turned it down. It’s not going off. You missed it by a month. Don’t worry Bushwhacka I’ll take your money.

Ok sounds like you just turned it down. It’s not going off. You missed it by a month. Don’t worry Bushwhacka I’ll take your money.
    Ok fine. I hereby relinquish my claim.

Unless he was serious about the whole thing plus travel expenses and I will have accommodations provided after the manner to which I’ve become accustomed and I won’t be sleeping on some stinky fucking couch or something. In which case, I would have to have another hard think about it.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    But how do you hold your pole?
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    With two hands
    Man this reminds me of a phase in College where I would only date girls with really small hands. It was so good for my ego, but not so sustainable.

Real Vermonters don’t go in a lodge. Ever.
    You don’t know what you’re missing

Ok fine. I hereby relinquish my claim.

Unless he was serious about the whole thing plus travel expenses and I will have accommodations provided after the manner to which I’ve become accustomed and I won’t be sleeping on some stinky fucking couch or something. In which case, I would have to have another hard think about it.
    Listen. If he is serious about paying the whole thing it is all yours and I will personally pick you up at the airport and bring you to steaux just because I care.

Who knew that a thread about pole straps would become a Hall of Fame contender.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That's a chute?

Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's a chute?

Shit.
    Looks like some steamboat trees to me....

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Looks like some steamboat trees to me....
    And not Coombs Line.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    And not Coombs Line.
    Upon this rock, I build my bunny slope?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

guys a good skier but I am better and could ski that little slot top to bottom no problem as could countless others. Many internet beaters couldn't but there are many that can. I agree with his pole strap assessment tho. I think dude should step away from keyboard. Someone who has a beef should step up and just ski with him, video some runs and let us decide . This $1k is a joke. No ski instructor can afford that. Challenge this mother fucker for pride cause it isn't gona happen for money. NE bros piping off should put up or STFU!

Is smuggler’s notch a euphemism for vagina?
    I mean, a vagina is a notch wherein one might smuggle stuff...think about it...

What a time to be alive.

Dolphin boy strikes again! I don't know what's the Matta with that kid but he just doesn't knows when to quit. Typical know-it-all PSIA dork but He's right about straps. I've "had to swim" in a serious avalanche and gotten my pole torqued in the trees and Iyou can take my word as a human Guinea pig that there's No place for straps in either situations. I almost never wear them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Man this reminds me of a phase in College where I would only date girls with really small hands. It was so good for my ego, but not so sustainable.
    Fucking amazing. So much of the time this place is lame these days, but then it just delivers right before you lose hope. Including this whole thread.

On a more serious note... I've met maybe 25-35 people over the years on this forum and by far the average skier can rip and will probably be in the top 10-20% on the mountain on any given day (and I'm mostly talking Squaw / Alpine / Kirkwood / Mammoth / LCC so the bar is high). How many maggots can get in on this 1k offer?

Why can’t this be about skiing on drugs? Drugs make everything steeper, and pole plants are always perfect on drugs. Take and share the drugs before clicking in. Somebody has to slarve the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Why can’t this be about skiing on drugs? Drugs make everything steeper, and pole plants are always perfect on drugs. Take and share the drugs before clicking in. Somebody has to slarve the whole thing.
    This. Exactly. Even when I was still actively patrolling the rule was: if you catch someone smoking weed in the woods, we are NOT the police. But, confiscate that shit and bring it to the after-patrol beers! My favorite thing to do was to wait till 1 of ‘em took a big hit. Then I’d slide up in my red jacket and ask “how’s it going? Good day?” and generally be friendly. I’d wait till just before they’d “pop” from holding their breath before just skiing away laughing and hearing 1 of them coughing and choking. This was only if they were cool, if they were jerks I’d take the weed and threaten to cut lift tix.