Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Didn't miss it, but figured there was no need to highlight it, plus it was pretty fucking obvious already.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yup. Helps explain this thread, some of his responses and past behavior. I actually appreciate him tuning us in because I'm not going to ridicule someone with his condition. ...I mean, I'll try, but he makes it so damn hard sometimes! Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Didn't miss it, but figured there was no need to highlight it, plus it was pretty fucking obvious already.
    ^ This, and...

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Yup. Helps explain this thread, some of his responses and past behavior. I actually appreciate him tuning us in because I'm not going to ridicule someone with his condition. ...I mean, I'll try, but he makes it so damn hard sometimes! Lol
    ...that

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Someone "stole" my poles once when I was in high school, but left another pair behind. Later in the day I saw my poles on the rack and switched back. That was over 25 years ago. Still have those poles. Nice cork grips. My wife uses them.
    Happened to a bro once at the hill, someone took his poles so he took someone elses poles and the someone else caught/outed him in front of everyone 4pm saturday apres noon in a packed bar

It was the 80's the apres ski band was pretty good, they instananeously break into the song " Man Eater " by Hall & Oats but they sub in " Pole Stealer "

funny as hell but I did feel sorry for bro but thats why you don't take some one else's poles
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Jason4 View Post
    I can't believe that we've moved past a literal pole measuring contest and this nugget was missed in the middle of it. The most important truth in this entire thread.

It's cool, my desk job is in engineering, I'm sure I'm on the spectrum too. Otherwise I would have gone into sales.
    the new term is "neurodivergent"

in some cases its a real issue

in other cases it's a trendy excuse for bad behavior

the most striking responses from the OP have nothing to do with "missed social cues"

Is there a spectrum for analyzing someone else's skiing without actually having seen them ski? Asking for a friend.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

w are all either better or worse than you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Is there a spectrum for analyzing someone else's skiing without actually having seen them ski? Asking for a friend.
    Apparently challenging someone to a ski off. Since they never actually occur, it leaves the mag who initiated the challenge free to ridicule and make assumptions without having seen the offending party ski. Total win/win.

I mean really, this thread was kind of “r” worded to start with. Sorry about the spectrum stuff but there’s a point when not on the spectrum people don’t throw down with thousands of dollars in challenges, promote YouTube channels, pitch their gear mentor ship for a charge abilities, possibly get some geometry off, I’m a PSIA whatever, and then back track it.

Maybe we are all on the spectrum somewhere (kind of what a spectrum is), but geese louise this thread took some twists to conclude with a mental disability. Point being it’s too easy to talk a bunch of shit on an anonymous ski board and keep flinging things and then wait, oh, “I’m not quite squared up”. Own your shit or don’t.

Or I’m a dick. Discuss...

The most sensitive part!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5108.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	366080

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Maybe we are all on the spectrum somewhere (kind of what a spectrum is).....

That's basically what happens. Everyone knows that males have a higher rate of autism, but the theory is that we're hardwired for ASD. Think about it: this is a forum where people obsess about all things skiing, biking, bullriding, where upstate New York is and in Bennys case his dislike of Hilary Clinton.

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Has a date been set for when VTjoey (mustonen?) attempt the Couloir of Death?

I mean really, this thread was kind of “r” worded to start with. Sorry about the spectrum stuff but there’s a point when not on the spectrum people don’t throw down with thousands of dollars in challenges, promote YouTube channels, pitch their gear mentor ship for a charge abilities, possibly get some geometry off, I’m a PSIA whatever, and then back track it.

Maybe we are all on the spectrum somewhere (kind of what a spectrum is), but geese louise this thread took some twists to conclude with a mental disability. Point being it’s too easy to talk a bunch of shit on an anonymous ski board and keep flinging things and then wait, oh, “I’m not quite squared up”. Own your shit or don’t.

Pole straps dude!!??!!?.... fucking pole straps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Used my new releasable straps today.

I liked the easy on/off with the flick of the thumb (that’s what she said)

When I went to skate and transitioned my palms over top of the pole for leverage I would press on the strap release trigger and be in a strapless situation. Scary.

The wrist strap thingy I just left on my gloves which was kind of annoying. Maybe I get some of those Leki gloves with the loops sewn in.

I signed up for a 3 day intensive pole strap class to hopefully up my pole game.

I’ll be up all night pondering the day’s events.

At the end of the intro to pole strap classes there is a lot of pressure applied to sign up for PSC level 2.

They also really want you to sign up 3 friends for the intro class and then you get to be their pole master.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    At the end of the intro to pole strap classes there is a lot of pressure applied to sign up for PSC level 2.

They also really want you to sign up 3 friends for the intro class and then you get to be their pole master.
    So similar to my Goggle strap workshops.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Is this why OP is being so pushy?

Maybe related, maybe not, maybe I need to sign up for that goggle strap class. Younger skiers seem to like to wear a hat, then goggles, then helmet. I’m more old school and like just a helmet with goggles over the helmet.

Should I get with the times? Where does a balaclava fit into the mix? If I go strap under, do I need to detune underfoot? Do I shorten my poles by a third or more or transition to snake? Can you use a lurk if you’re an under guy? Do I have to update my email signature letting people know if I’m and under or over, strap or no strap so people know how to ski with me?

Maybe related, maybe not, maybe I need to sign up for that goggle strap class. Younger skiers seem to like to wear a hat, then goggles, then helmet. I’m more old school and like just a helmet with goggles over the helmet.

Should I get with the times? Where does a balaclava fit into the mix? If I go strap under, do I need to detune underfoot? Do I shorten my poles by a third or more or transition to snake? Can you use a lurk if you’re an under guy? Do I have to update my email signature letting people know if I’m and under or over, strap or no strap so people know how to ski with me?
    all excellent questions.
    swing your fucking sword.

People need to know.
    Plus I may fit in that demographic as well.

I wonder how much different my life would be if I found a solid gear mentor early on.

This might as well evolve into just discussing Poles discussion, not straps per say.

Name:  Anna-titanic.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  24.9 KB

Since you have some questions, I'll offer up my opinion. If your goggles have a buckle or any type of adjustable strap, then always on the outside of the helmet. Inside the helmet would only be for either goggles with too short of straps (and then I'd ask why the company even designed them to not fit over the helmet) and that bulging strap buckle will be very uncomfortable inside the helmet that fits properly. A head liner, skull cap or balaclava does help absorb sweat and keep the helmet liner in better condition and less stink. A bit warmer if you go balaclava also though so may not be a good choice for every day.

As for your email signature- do whatever you want... unless there it is a work email, then follow your companies recommendation.

I wonder how much different my life would be if I found a solid gear mentor early on.
    In 1997, while I was being hardcore skiing 206 Atomics in a hat, there was one guy skiing 180-185ish fat skis (whatever Rossi made in that Powder Plus era) in a helmet every day. We made so much fun of that guy...everybody rolled their eyes at the mention of his nickname...etc.

I think there’s a strong, strong likelihood I could have avoided several concussions and an acl tear if I had watched and learned instead of trying to be mas macho.

Years of hiking with a pack and running saw and building fireline while compensating for that bad knee did weird things to my back. My messed up back ended my career. My dozen-concussion mushbrain depression plus a decade of trying to sort out a second career and get my shit back together mean life is often near-unbearable.

So yeah, sometimes I also think how different things could have turned out with some different gear.