Anyone ever used this trailer?

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-BCT-8002...dp/B00CYNTPK2/

Would be for occasional gravel road bikepacing, probably about 40 pounds.

A Bob knockoff, but anyone have any experience with it? Or recommend a different low-price alternative?

TIA

Haven't used that particular one, but have a Yakima trailer that looks to be essentially identical. I used to use it for quick grocery runs, but haven't used it in years. It kinda sucks to ride with if there's any significant weight in it (and 40 lbs is most definitely significant) - it feels slow, and it definitely makes the bike feel tippy side to side. And if you're rolling over anything that's not fairly smooth, the small wheel + weight of stuff in the trailer + no suspension means that it sucks even more. There's a reason most bikepackers are strapping everything to their bike vs. pulling a trailer.

If you're not going very far and you want to bring a lot of shit and the roads you're on are in good shape and your bike has a QR rear axle, it's probably a good option.

Odds are that trailer empty weighs more then all your bags/gear should be full.

maybe OK in town/paved, but no way you need that much gear.

One of my worst wrecks ever was with a BOB like that due to too much weight and maybe some inebriation. I had five racks of beer back there running as a makeshift aid vehicle and we were doing a modified alley cat, scavenger hunt, pub crawl thing. It started swaying back and forth and I was thrown onto the asphalt with the force of Thor's hammer. Like traffic stopped and people started calling 911 before they even saw if I was conscious. I'm not saying I was 100% sober but everyone I normally ride with said it was the weirdest thing they ever saw and it probably wasn't my riding.

I got up, hopped on my bike and took off before authorities arrived. Went home and my buddy put six staples in my knee because we thought the cops might be calling the local ERs. I sold the trailer that week and threw my bloody jeans away.

To be fair, sober and with much less weight, it seemed somewhat useful for grocery runs and riding to backyard BBQs. We did some light trail work and it was about maxed with a saw, gas and a few tools but we were going granny gear most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    One of my worst wrecks ever was with a BOB like that due to too much weight and maybe some inebriation. I had five racks of beer back there running as a makeshift aid vehicle and we were doing a modified alley cat, scavenger hunt, pub crawl thing. It started swaying back and forth and I was thrown onto the asphalt with the force of Thor's hammer. Like traffic stopped and people started calling 911 before they even saw if I was conscious. I'm not saying I was 100% sober but everyone I normally ride with said it was the weirdest thing they ever saw and it probably wasn't my riding.

I got up, hopped on my bike and took off before authorities arrived. Went home and my buddy put six staples in my knee because we thought the cops might be calling the local ERs. I sold the trailer that week and threw my bloody jeans away.

To be fair, sober and with much less weight, it seemed somewhat useful for grocery runs and riding to backyard BBQs. We did some light trail work and it was about maxed with a saw, gas and a few tools but we were going granny gear most of the time.
    If the cops had cared they probably could have followed the trail of blood to your house...

Yeah, but we were completely ready and in the right frame of mind to think rationally.

Can you actually get a BWI in Idaho? You definitely cannot in MT.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Can you actually get a BWI in Idaho? You definitely cannot in MT.
    It sounds like there is a backstory here, and it must be shared on a site where the users are anonymou......
    /looks around/
    Like here.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.