Tyrolia AAAtack: how far can I bend the brakes?

looking to bend some 95mm brakes onto a 105mm ski. Just reaching out to see if that extra 10mm is possible?

I hate buying too big and hooking brakes at 50mph.

I have 110s that fit over 118 skis with no bending but they're quite close.

YMMV

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

And Asspen, you've probably figured it out by the lack of responses, but the pain in the ass factor + end result isn't close to worth it over the ready availability + nominal price + end result of actually getting a 110 brake, which, as you know on those bindings, is never going to come close to the snow even on your 105's because they tuck in tight and high.

That's only 5mm a side. And yes, brakes tend to tuck up and back. If they run big like some company's brakes do, but the plastic catches, just cut/file off the plastic. I've done that. Results are ok.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I've got some 110(?)mm Aattack brakes that I'd trade for 95s; calipers say 108-110 depending on where you measure the width. PM if interested. They're not new but totally functional. Just too wide for the Monster 88s they're attached to.

I’ve got 95 brakes on 102 and 103mm skis without bending and 110 brakes on my 118 skis without touching them. Tiny bit of bending maybe(or even trimming the plastic a hair) and you’ll be fine.

Sounds like the 95's will work.

Thanks guys.

I'm just jumping on the most recent brake bending thread here...
    I've got some 130 width brakes on a 122 waist ski (attack2's BTW). The inside brakes are catching on my pant leg - and the other brake. Then they're more bent out, and more prone to catch. Seems easier to bend out vs bend back in. I've got a mini torch was gonna use to heat up and then try to bring em in (and down some), but thought I'd first check in with the collective here. Thx