Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Oh I don't doubt the efficacy of base saturation. My earlier comment was questioning whether the quality of the wax used for factory hotboxing could be a noticable factor in glide.
    Could be quality or quantity needed to saturate the thicker base. I have not noticed dragging on clear bases from the euros, just tissue-like durability on the Solly’s I had, the new Dynastars are holding up well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I have found that “hot boxing” my on3ps every summer on the uninsulated south wall of the garage has aged them like a fine wine.

At the end of the season I crack a beer in the yard and apply some molybdenum then a layer of dense cold temp wax followed by my normal Toko universal, to be slowly absorbed by the bases one 90 deg day after another. By the time ski season rolls around the bases are waxed, rested and ready to go.

I do the same except for molybdenum. That's a metal right? Joking us? What's the molybdenum for?

salomon soft bases?

I started using it on the recommendation of a ski tuner at our hill. Apparently it repels dirt and is good for old granular and man made snow and warm temps (PNW.) He mixes his own bars so I don’t know the exact temperature range of the stuff I have but I just apply a very small amount of the moly on every wax then second coat of universal. You’ll see little black specks in your clear bases FYI, in case that would annoy anyone.

when I get a new ski I just wax it over and over with a thick app of warm wax, I might hotwax/ let cool 6 times in one day and I don't bother to scrape, maybe get a doz cycles into that ski

when you wax a new xc ski every day especialy for skating you can really see the wax all getting worn off for at leas the first 6 times you ski
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hmmm...I just learned something new. I thought moly was just a drug or an elemental metal but apparently similar to graphite additive and there are moly waxes.