Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I tried voting twice

but they know

so then I tried voting on the eye phone

but they know
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

COP up by 125... When's the voting closed?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

doner
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    COP up by 125... When's the voting closed?
    From what I understand it's March 21. I also got this stuff from their FAQ:

"The first way to earn points is to complete weekly Peak Challenges. Starting on February 22nd, every week will bring a new challenge to prove why you are Canada’s most invested ski community. Share your Peak challenge on Instagram and Twitter using your team hashtag to earn 5 points, and be sure to tag and challenge your friends to do the same.

Important to note: in order to receive points for completing Peak Challenges, your social media posts must be posted in your feed (Instagram Stories and Twitter Fleets do not count) and made visible to the public. If your post is private, our team will not be able to see that you’ve completed the challenge.

The next way to earn points is to collect votes for your Peak. Share your team link with friends and family and ask them to select “VOTE” on your profile—every vote will earn you 1 point for your Peak. Be sure to spread the word about your Peak and participation with the help of your digital toolkit, which includes stories, posts and a profile picture frame.

Finally, you’ll have a chance to earn bonus points through challenges posted on the Mackenzie Investments social media pages. Follow us on Instagram and/or Twitter so you don’t miss out."

Now I believe part of this is to record yourself doing stuff and twittering or instagramming that thing to the universe. I would not be insulted if you did not do these things. I figured the "go to the site, pick us, click the vote button" was a large enough ask.

At the end of this thing (March 21) they'll take a week to weigh the votes, and I believe there's some subjectivity on the judging as evidenced by the "How they pick a winner" blurb:

"When choosing a winner, our judges will take into account:

The quality of your Peak Profile and answers (80% weight)
    The number of points earned (20% weight)
    The top 10 Peak will be announced on March 14th and be given one final week to rally. A winner will be selected on March 30th."

I figured we did pretty good in the first category, and hope to hold our own in the second.

Thanks again mags for voting, and really do hope to see some of you cats up here next season.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

You’ve got my votes!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    From what I understand it's March 21. I also got this stuff from their FAQ:

"The first way to earn points is to complete weekly Peak Challenges. Starting on February 22nd, every week will bring a new challenge to prove why you are Canada’s most invested ski community. Share your Peak challenge on Instagram and Twitter using your team hashtag to earn 5 points, and be sure to tag and challenge your friends to do the same.

Important to note: in order to receive points for completing Peak Challenges, your social media posts must be posted in your feed (Instagram Stories and Twitter Fleets do not count) and made visible to the public. If your post is private, our team will not be able to see that you’ve completed the challenge.

The next way to earn points is to collect votes for your Peak. Share your team link with friends and family and ask them to select “VOTE” on your profile—every vote will earn you 1 point for your Peak. Be sure to spread the word about your Peak and participation with the help of your digital toolkit, which includes stories, posts and a profile picture frame.

Finally, you’ll have a chance to earn bonus points through challenges posted on the Mackenzie Investments social media pages. Follow us on Instagram and/or Twitter so you don’t miss out."

Now I believe part of this is to record yourself doing stuff and twittering or instagramming that thing to the universe. I would not be insulted if you did not do these things. I figured the "go to the site, pick us, click the vote button" was a large enough ask.

At the end of this thing (March 21) they'll take a week to weigh the votes, and I believe there's some subjectivity on the judging as evidenced by the "How they pick a winner" blurb:

"When choosing a winner, our judges will take into account:

The quality of your Peak Profile and answers (80% weight)
    The number of points earned (20% weight)
    The top 10 Peak will be announced on March 14th and be given one final week to rally. A winner will be selected on March 30th."

I figured we did pretty good in the first category, and hope to hold our own in the second.

Thanks again mags for voting, and really do hope to see some of you cats up here next season.
    I was hoping it wasn't just straight votes, that's good to hear. Reading many of these entries on there and you guys have (to me) the best one. Wonder where the CEO of Mackenzie has a second home, though.

You can vote twice bump+++

Voted twice.

It sadly looks like COP is in the lead.

Them even entering is against the spirit of the competition, IMO.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Put it my vote again. Least I can do

Does shames have a video promo for this?

I just stumbled upon a pretty decent promo from castle mountain for this competition, which i know Gary also loves... but maybe just a little less.

Castle is doing great - I had heard rumours they might not survive the shutdown last winter because they had a bunch of expensive maintenance upcoming, so I'm sure the money could really help them. Mt Cain is also doing very respectfully for a volunteer-run hill that had one of its two T-bars broken for a portion of the season.

Voted. Definitely want to get up there someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by paige. View Post
    Castle is doing great - I had heard rumours they might not survive the shutdown last winter because they had a bunch of expensive maintenance upcoming, so I'm sure the money could really help them. Mt Cain is also doing very respectfully for a volunteer-run hill that had one of its two T-bars broken for a portion of the season.
    Yeah, if it weren't for gary, I'da prolly voted for Castle or Mt. Cain. But that's also because I haven't yet experienced Shames.

Want to help a little ski area (Shames) out? Vote for us in a contest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2884.JPG 
Views:	4136 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	366814 123456789

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by paige. View Post
    Well I've done my small part and have been there twice this year.

I'm hopeful for all the small local ski hills.

Twice now. 1 mobile, 1 PC.

Best of luck. Would love to visit some day.
    Looks spectacular.

two votes from me. Hope you guys pull ahead.

Send my regards to lucky luc!
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Does shames have a video promo for this?

I just stumbled upon a pretty decent promo from castle mountain for this competition, which i know Gary also loves... but maybe just a little less.

Ha, yeah I think you're correct sir. I really do love Castle, but my home is Shames. I think the coop has people on the socials doing videos etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Voted. Definitely want to get up there someday.
    Thanks man, Yeah you'd love it, I mean what skier wouldn't. It's tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, if it weren't for gary, I'da prolly voted for Castle or Mt. Cain. But that's also because I haven't yet experienced Shames.
    Thanks man. Yeah as much as I love Castle, if not for Shames I would have to say my vote would be for Cain. I mean who can't love a non-profit model for a ski hill. I skied a couple of days there late season (lifts were closed, no one was around) and I was very impressed. I have a couple of friends there too, looking very very forward to a return visit there with lifts spinning!

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    two votes from me. Hope you guys pull ahead.

Send my regards to lucky luc!
    Hey Dan, I will do that. I see the guy on the regular. That's cool you know him, nice guy. A little too fucking happy all the time, but nice...

And, to all of you that voted for us THANK YOU SO MUCH!

edit to add a little stoke to this dry shit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210301_214930167.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	367359

Mrs GfT last week.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

tried voting again but i have imprinted on their site

hey got any pict of Caleb shredding on the sitski ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    tried voting again but i have imprinted on their site

hey got any pict of Caleb shredding on the sitski ?
    Yeah, he's been posting up regularly on twitter and instagram. Once you've voted a couple of times that's it unless you tweet or instagram, then you can post a couple of times/day and get 5 points per post or something like that. I'm not generally a tweeter or instagrammer so I had to figure that shit out. It's not rocket surgery but it's certainly not second nature. Thanks for the votes mate. See you this summer or fall depending on vaccinations.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Voted for a second time. Can’t wait to get to Shames and ski with Gary. Just missed you at Magic a few years back. Best of luck as things narrow down
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

Hey Dan, I will do that. I see the guy on the regular. That's cool you know him, nice guy. A little too fucking happy all the time, but nice...
    haha nice! must be whatever he is putting in his tea. Dude is living the dream though so i would be happy too!

Take 'er easy n good luck!
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Voted for a second time. Can’t wait to get to Shames and ski with Gary. Just missed you at Magic a few years back. Best of luck as things narrow down
    Hey too bad, I had such a blast at Magic and can't wait to get back there. The apres ski scene was so much fucking fun, jumping in with the band didn't hurt haha. Look forward to you getting over here.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    haha nice! must be whatever he is putting in his tea. Dude is living the dream though so i would be happy too!

Take 'er easy n good luck!
    The tea!!! I knew it had to be something to do with chemicals. Haha, yeah the little fella really is living the dream.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

A quick update for you regarding this contest. We were in the running for a good while thanks in part to all of you who voted for us. We were outgunned pretty big from resorts with large population centres especially when the contest morphed from just voting for your favorite hill, but also tweeting, instagramming, video-ing certain suggested things, and hashtagging (for much more "points" than the original 1 vote, 1 point thing). People up here barely know what these things are, never mind signing on and in for them... Nearer the end of the contest the organizers narrowed it to the top 5 point getters and from there they'll pick a winner. We had hoped to make it to the top 5 but I think we ended up 7th or 8th. Pretty damn good for a little hill in the middle of nowhere. I think this contest at least gave us some pretty good exposure.

Anyway, thanks again mags!!

www.mymountaincoop.ca