Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Okay, now we know you’re trolling
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I dont see you trying to help him.......

Do you know how boot alignment works?
    Thanks. Food for thought for sure. I still have the old boots to compare. Definitely will take a look.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

90% of people buy boots that are too stiff

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Checking in, dickwaving goes in this thread right?
    Yes.

Unrelated: I find it hard to really drive my custom 215cm Wrenagades with Pivot 27s hard in anything softer than a 170 flex

Betelgeuse? Is that you?!?

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    The best skiing solution I've found (thanks to LVS for the idea) is to run Lange plugs (which have a lot of rebound) with an expert booster tight on the liner (under the shell) and then the stock power strap over the shell but not super tight. The booster provides a nice elastic rebound and keeps things snug to your shin, while the power strap helps avoid blowing through the full flex of the boot.
    This is super interesting. What does the back of the cuff look like? Do you stack the straps and use the same rivets?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFun View Post
    Wow, this forum gets a lot of replies. I wasn't trolling just sharing my experience.

Another thing common boot fitting wisdom gets wrong IMO is: your toes should brush up against the front of the boot when standing straight up and pull away when flexing forward. Granted this is just a guideline, it's really the rest of the fit that matters, but fuck that. If your toes brush against the front of the boot then when you land a big air with your weight to the rear at all you'll smash your toes against the front of the boot. On my new boots that fit me excellent for an all day fit (not sized down, which I would only want for racing) my toes don't touch AT ALL. Of course you'll need to find a boot that fits the rest of your foot correctly and still has that much room in the toe box which may not be possible. But I'm really happy my new boots fit that way. They were the only ones I tried on that did.
    they probably say that ^^ cuz most people buy boots that are too big
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

90% of people buy boots that are too stiff

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Okay, now we know you’re trolling
    $20 says his next post tells us we really should be buckling our lower two buckles first.

Friend, one of the best skiers on the hill, doesn’t even buckle his lower buckles on one boot cuz they’re broken. For him, his fit is so dialed, he doesn’t mess with them and doesn’t feel the need.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    This is super interesting. What does the back of the cuff look like? Do you stack the straps and use the same rivets?
    Yep, just add the booster under the stock strap using the same rivet. Can post a photo if it's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Friend, one of the best skiers on the hill, doesn’t even buckle his lower buckles on one boot cuz they’re broken. For him, his fit is so dialed, he doesn’t mess with them and doesn’t feel the need.
    Same (not that I'm one of the best skiers on the hill), haven't touched my lower buckles in ages. But that doesn't mean my fit is dialed -- they're a smidge too narrow and probably can't make any more room. So it's a double-edge sword, that one. But all the boots I've found were just way too stiff, I had an unreasonable amount of instep volume. So I think that's part of it.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Just saying.... Wikifeet Mikaela... fap fap fap
    How does she not have black toenails?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    She stays out of the backseat, and doesn't have excess volume in the toebox of her boots.

Black toenails are from your toes having enough room to move that they repeatedly smack the fronts/tops of your shells. Okay, I suppose poor heel/ankle hold could lead to the same kind of impact, but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Because her boots fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    If you think Vail Mountain can handle 55,000 visits in one day, your smoking crack! The daily max is less than HALF of that, more like 38% of that number.
    Hey it's just a number that I pulled off the interwebs that they themselves published.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So you're saying we actually DO want the red ones? But seriously, I had no idea. Can you elaborate?

A few years back I went down to a 120 flex thinking they would be a little more forgiving on drops and for touring. Once I broke them in I came to realize that wasn't true at all and they were making me work harder, and eventually felt a bit sloppy. Went back to 130 and the difference in being able to ski more with my skeleton than my muscles was noticeable immediately. It was also a reminder that as much as breaking in new boots sucks, I probably need to do it more often. It's just hard to do once they feel dialed in and comfortable.
    Listen to the blister podcasts on boots with onenerdykid, they’re crazy informative. In one of them he talks about how the colored plastic pellets can affect flex - not that it matters to mere mortals, but studs like Hirscher could tell the difference between light red and dark red. Still not sure which of those colors is faster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    $20 says his next post tells us we really should be buckling our lower two buckles first.
    this post has it figured out.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Listen to the blister podcasts on boots with onenerdykid, they’re crazy informative. In one of them he talks about how the colored plastic pellets can affect flex - not that it matters to mere mortals, but studs like Hirscher could tell the difference between light red and dark red. Still not sure which of those colors is faster...
    You realize this is bullshit and based on no scientific studies? Boots are colored for branding purposes, so they can sell you the same shell next year for full price with a new colorway. Hirscher was probably wearing stiffer socks one day.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I want multi color boots. Red heels for a tight fit, green toe box for my fat metatarsal and a intermediate yellow instep. Maybe a gradient upper for progressive flex?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFun View Post
    Another thing common boot fitting wisdom gets wrong IMO is: your toes should brush up against the front of the boot when standing straight up and pull away when flexing forward. Granted this is just a guideline, it's really the rest of the fit that matters, but fuck that. If your toes brush against the front of the boot then when you land a big air with your weight to the rear at all you'll smash your toes against the front of the boot. On my new boots that fit me excellent for an all day fit (not sized down, which I would only want for racing) my toes don't touch AT ALL. Of course you'll need to find a boot that fits the rest of your foot correctly and still has that much room in the toe box which may not be possible. But I'm really happy my new boots fit that way. They were the only ones I tried on that did.
    I actually agree with this. 12-13 years ago I was fitted this way and would cram my foot into a 25.5 for a "racer" fit, but I was constantly losing toenails. Finally said fuck it and went up a size and wished I had done so sooner. Especially since I have a high instep.

Daught, you’re a dope smoking hippy who wants an excuse to buy Rasta boots. Me too.

For the rest of you heathens, 90% of people who ski probably have more fun skiing than 10% of the skiers here fucking with one part of their gear or another all day.

Me, I’m fat, decent technique, little over average height with a couple, three hundred days on Salomon 120 flex boots. My feet have never been happier. I’m flexing through them a little sometimes. It’s okay. They fit awesome and I don’t want to deal with new boots so I don’t. I guess they’ll break someday and I will be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Daught, you’re a dope smoking hippy who wants an excuse to buy Rasta boots. Me too.

For the rest of you heathens, 90% of people who ski probably have more fun skiing than 10% of the skiers here fucking with one part of their gear or another all day.

Me, I’m fat, decent technique, little over average height with a couple, three hundred days on Salomon 120 flex boots. My feet have never been happier. I’m flexing through them a little sometimes. It’s okay. They fit awesome and I don’t want to deal with new boots so I don’t. I guess they’ll break someday and I will be sad.
    I spent about 2 week dialling in my Alignment in 2012.....I havent touched it once since then and just set up all my skis with the same ramp angle. Once you get something figured out you just have it figured it out. No reason to keep messing with it.

I just get the red ones...always.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I just get the red ones...always.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Simpleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Simpleton.
    don't knock what works
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    don't knock what works
    I bet he's part of the 90% of skiers here who has more fun than the 90% of people who ski with too stiff of boots. No knocking. People who use simpleton as an insult belong in the asshole thread in PR.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I have a pair of FTs with the lower removed. Fit dialed, no problem.