Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I would be very careful with this one, as you can't easily see the underlying disability. So trying to parse out who has a "challenging handicap" in your personal eyes is a recipe for trouble, or in the spirit of this thread, a recipe for making you the asshole. ?
    This x 2, agree with your hot steaming cup of indignation, but my buddy got a liver transplant and the first year or so, he looked fine but would get exhausted walking even a short distance.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    you don’t clean up your dog shit
    Might I add on the skin track

Also YAAAI you don't pull over into the slow lane after you pass. I'm sure thousands have died due to this bullshit. Fuck, it's two lanes get in the slow lane if you're not the fastest vehicle.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

oh i forgot people who think cleaning their dog shit means throwing the bag of shit by the trailhead in the the parking lot. w t f

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    yup, let's add it to the list.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

Also YAAAI you don't pull over into the slow lane after you pass. I'm sure thousands have died due to this bullshit. Fuck, it's two lanes get in the slow lane if you're not the fastest vehicle.
    Can I add the people unclear of the goal of a on ramp? 20 mph under the highway speed at the merge is just not safe my friend

Sacramento just installed a bunch of new metering lights at the freeway end of the on ramps on Business 80 that are in use even when traffic is light. Getting up to freeway speed from a standing start might be possible in a 'Vette, sure isn't in a Subaru. And a lot of these are two lanes up to the lights, which alternate. The two lanes then quickly pinch to one. When it's your turn to go and the guy in the other lane decides to run the red at the same time it gets interesting. Whoever designed that shit is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Can I add the people unclear of the goal of a on ramp? 20 mph under the highway speed at the merge is just not safe my friend
    Yes you may add them. They are assholes.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    oh i forgot people who think cleaning their dog shit means throwing the bag of shit by the trailhead in the the parking lot. w t f

yup, let's add it to the list.
    that's definitely a big wtf, I see it a lot. At least the shit was biodegradable before they put it in a plastic bag that they then throw on the ground or in the woods. some next-level assholishness there

You are an asshole if...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I would be very careful with this one, as you can't easily see the underlying disability. So trying to parse out who has a "challenging handicap" in your personal eyes is a recipe for trouble, or in the spirit of this thread, a recipe for making you the asshole. For ex, I know someone (a mag, actually) who has a prosthetic leg. He can ski and bike and is damn good at both, and if he's wearing pants you wouldn't see his disability and probably wouldn't notice the slight hitch in his step. Is he not entitled to an ADA placard? Lots of the time, he's fine, but when he's having issues (with his back or prosthetic or whatever) he needs the parking spot. And I am not going to tell him when he should or shouldn't use the placard; dude doesn't have a fucking leg, he can use the placard whenever he feels like he should. Do you feel like you are entitled to decide when he has a challenging handicap and when he doesn't?
    Sure. There are people like your friend where their disability is hidden from casual view. I’d be willing to bet your friend only uses his placard when he is having issues or needs to. I’d be willing to bet he’d prefer to give people with more challenging disabilities the parking spot and walk in when he is feeling spry. Obviously my comment is not about people like your friend.

I have seen plenty of assholes without placards pull into an ADA spot at the bank, post office, etc... just to use the atm or drop something off, etc. They are lazy assholes.

I had a coworker who had her husband who worked at a printing company make her a fake placard to use. She is an asshole.

I had a neighbor who would shop doctors for pills with fake ailments and she was often able to weasel a placard out of a doc. She was an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Sure. There are people like your friend where their disability is hidden from casual view. I’d be willing to bet your friend only uses his placard when he is having issues or needs to. I’d be willing to bet he’d prefer to give people with more challenging disabilities the parking spot and walk in when he is feeling spry. Obviously my comment is not about people like your friend.

I have seen plenty of assholes without placards pull into an ADA spot at the bank, post office, etc... just to use the atm or drop something off, etc. They are lazy assholes.

I had a coworker who had her husband who worked at a printing company make her a fake placard to use. She is an asshole.

I had a neighbor who would shop doctors for pills with fake ailments and she was often able to weasel a placard out of a doc. She was an asshole.

agreed, all of those people are assholes. My point, however, is that based on your posts, you might see my friend use his placard and think he made a fake one or "scammed" a real one. You might see him walk in and walk out, and you would never know he has a prosthetic, or that he's been dealing with issues such that walking from the back of the lot exacerbates those issues. You simply cannot tell whether someone is "worthy" of having a placard just by watching them park, walk in, and walk out. You say "Obviously my comment is not about people like your friend" but how would you know his issues? From your posts, it sounds like you would think he was an asshole. Which is why I am saying it's best to be careful when judging people with a placard.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My dear departed mother had a legitimate need for a handicap placard, but when I visited and she had me go into the bank for her while she sat in the car she insisted I park in the handicap spot. She saw an empty handicap spot and an unused placard as an affront to the cosmic order. Now I dare you to call my late mother an asshole. If you want to call her crazy I have no problem.

You are an asshole if (in HEAVY) traffic, you merge before your lane ends. IDGAF if it's the onramp, the HOV lane, or anything in between... When it's bumper-to-bumper and everyone is creeping toward a merge, stay the fuck in your lane and zipper merge when it ends. Let the other guy in. We. Live. In. A. Society. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Making me hate your dog because YOU are the asshole who leaves the poor basteard out in the yard by themselves for hours, barking their fuckin head off cuz they're bored. It's not the poor dog's fault that YOU'RE and ASSHOLE...

Good owners = good dogs.
    Gravity. It's the law.

You’re an asshole

If

You’re

Me!!!!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    You are an asshole if (in HEAVY) traffic, you merge before your lane ends. IDGAF if it's the onramp, the HOV lane, or anything in between... When it's bumper-to-bumper and everyone is creeping toward a merge, stay the fuck in your lane and zipper merge when it ends. Let the other guy in. We. Live. In. A. Society. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk...
    This shit would work a whole lot better if the other 50% of assholes wouldn't do everything they possibly can to cockblock mergers at the end of said zipper... It just reinforces the early merge behavior. Glad you are now number 125,688 in line instead of 125,689, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    A complete asshole would be someone who just kills themselves. Right? An asshole would just check out, because they don't like the card's delt. Don't see a way out.

So fuck it. Just check out. Let others clean up the mess and take care of the cat.

Asshole. Right?
    Oh you mean Bourdain? Teenage daughter didn't mean shit. He couldn't ski either - asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    A complete asshole would be someone who just kills themselves. Right? An asshole would just check out, because they don't like the card's delt. Don't see a way out.

So fuck it. Just check out. Let others clean up the mess and take care of the cat.

Asshole. Right?
    I used to know a guy with early onset dementia, still a smart guy & before he got too far debilitated he took care of all the end of life things gave notice to the LL packed up his apt went down in front of the morgue and blew his brains out ... didn't inconvenience anyone
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was close. Barrel under my chin. Safty off. Thumb on the trigger.

Talk me down. I ja
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

well you probably don't have early onset dementia

just a garden variety asshole
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Oh you mean Bourdain? Teenage daughter didn't mean shit. He couldn't ski either - asshole.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/insanepeopl...of_autoerotic/

Clueless. Not an asshole.

if you think it's funny to blast strangers with puddles, you ARE an ASSHOLE. Sure, it's funny but ruining someone's day, intentionally...not cool.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

If you are a asshole and you know it clap your hands

I Agree with Goat above. It’s kinda funny. Maybe it’s just me but
    I drove for 20 years thinking that getting over ASAP was the “right” thing to do, as in: if everybody did that, we’d all have a better time. I think awareness on this has crept up. I used to never see signs that say “stay in lane until merge.” To me, it still makes sense, but they studied it so I’m just wrong so I do it like they say you should now. I think my version would kinda require automated cars.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I don’t want to post video....cuz it’s very hard to watch.....but there was an awful double murder/suicide here in PA a month ago when neighbors got into an argument turned shooting about this very thing......the “real” video of the execution style shooting of the husband and wife is a brutal watch. All over putting snow in their yard....
    The bigger problem here (which leads to even more fights) is: the guy/ gal who pulls up and parks...in the spot someone else just shoveled. ...b/c the city won’t allow the shoveler to put out cones/chairs to save the spot he/she just shoveled.

Spot taker = asshole
    City counsel = asshole
    Guy/girl who uses chair/cone to save spot despite city ord = not asshole.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    The bigger problem here (which leads to even more fights) is: the guy/ gal who pulls up and parks...in the spot someone else just shoveled. ...b/c the city won’t allow the shoveler to put out cones/chairs to save the spot he/she just shoveled.

Spot taker = asshole
    City counsel = asshole
    Guy/girl who uses chair/cone to save spot despite city ord = not asshole.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Couldn't disagree more, street parking is in the public ROW. Unless you live in a community with an HOA that owns/maintains the roadways, street parking spots (yes, even the one you shoveled right in front of your walk) are 100% public (even permit requirements are for zones, not individual spots) and you have no special right or privilege to them.

Reserving street parking spots in the zenith of being an asshole.