Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    The awning going down one side (and the roof rack) really makes a simple broom op harder than it should be! But I get yer drift. Maybe I need practice.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    The awning going down one side (and the roof rack) really makes a simple broom op harder than it should be! But I get yer drift. Maybe I need practice.
    You need lessons.

Wait, I can use my leaf blower! I got this.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Wait, I can use my leaf blower! I got this.
    Only works on dry powder. Not so much around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    And I'm lucky enough to actually ski with this chick occasionally.
    I’m lucky that you all let me try to ski & keep up with you all occasionally!
    Hope to make it over there again soon. Work, wind & road closures have not been in my favor.

Not sure why anyone in snow country would buy a vehicle that won't fit in the garage.

You are an asshole if...

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Apparently. I volunteer when I can on distribution day and there’s one “upstanding” community member that sits on his ass all morning. I asked a friend that helps organize things if this fine, upstanding, charitable brother does anything to help and he proceeded to tell me what he had done and said this past week. His family is not one that needs the food. I wouldn’t be surprised if he even sold or traded it. He’s creepy and icky and self important. It really irritates me because his family acts like they’re so giving, but only if you are white and a member of the Church.
    Not only an asshole...but that’s just weird.

I always assumed when people donate (whether Food Bank, shelter, or any charity) you did it it bc you have something...and someone else doesn’t have the means to...I e never really thought about “who” gets stuff I donate. I just assume it’s people in need...which is the whole point.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

^^^ exactly.

I bought a 1/4 of a cow last year and it came with about 6 big chuck roasts, far too big for 1 person.

I donated 3 to the food bank on the idea that some family will sit down to a nice pot roast dinner.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Not only an asshole...but that’s just weird.

I always assumed when people donate (whether Food Bank, shelter, or any charity) you did it it bc you have something...and someone else doesn’t have the means to...I e never really thought about “who” gets stuff I donate. I just assume it’s people in need...which is the whole point.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    The food bank I worked for didn't ask any eligibility questions, you walk in the door and we take it as a given you need food. There was always the occasional person who clearly didn't need the food, or drove up in a fancy car, but they were the "price" we paid for being welcoming to anyone in need, which was more important.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Weed wack that MF.

when I lived in avon beaver creek, putting a big blue tarp over your car overnight made it easy to peel it off in the morning and no snow at all.
    also used to put the magnetic hockey puck on the engine block of my vanagon overnight in vermont, she would start instead of the harsh pop start down the hill. cold turns motor oil into maple syrup. sorry , no assholes involved here
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    if you think it's funny to blast strangers with puddles, you ARE an ASSHOLE. Sure, it's funny but ruining someone's day, intentionally...not cool.

That was awesome, and awful. I did the same thing to my two college roommates in Boulder as I headed out of town for Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not sure why anyone in snow country would buy a vehicle that won't fit in the garage.
    Ah, a classic case of the 1% looking down at the proletariat confused and amused once again. I could spend $75k to get a nice tall 2- car garage so I don't have to fuss with snow on the roof, yes.

It's a camper van. It doesn't snow much in SLC anymore (I've used my snowblower once this season). Having a camper van is worth the extra trouble, they are fun and not my daily driver. Most houses around here are old and have small one car garages. if I lived in Montana, I would still buy the same van and deal with snow. Any other confusions I can help with, my lord?

Just joking a bit - hope thats obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If you find yourself in a turn lane that you didn't mean to be in, or in the through lane that you didn't mean to be in, and you stop in the middle of the fucking road and cockblock the whole thing to wait for an opening to get in the other lane, you're an asshole. Just go around the damn block. Your fucking GPS will even tell you exactly how to fix your wrong turn!
    Law enforcement should be allowed to drag these offenders from their vehicles and crucify them at the side of the intersection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

What's a garage? I've been driving for over 35 years and have never lived anywhere with one. My dad's garage was too full with my bikes and gear and home maintenance stuff for a car to fit into.

Food bank is only one day a month here. There are some age/income specific boxes that are distributed and then stuff that is for anyone, no questions asked. The “general” stuff was not consistently being delivered, the truck never showed the previous two months. East Idaho food bank fired the trucking company and hired a new one. I wonder what they were doing with all the food. Oh well, hopefully the new company will be reliable.

Someone needs to market a leaf blower that blows hot air--or call it a giant hair dryer.

If you live in snow country and you have a garage and it's too full of stuff to get a car into it, you have too much stuff.

(In Truckee, according to the geniuses on the town staff, the purpose of a garage is to store your 3 90 gallon green waste carts and your 90 gallon recycling cart. Not a lot of room for a car with those in there, so if that's your situation I give you a pass. )

Why do you need 3 supercans?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I'm definitely this guy.
    Having once experienced the post check bag fee era scenario of “sir [because everybody else brought huge bags into the cabin and your small bag will fit] can you please put this under the seat in front of you?” I now have a rule: if I’m carrying it on, it will NOT fit under the seat in front of me. They made me do it. Gate check it if you must I have NO problem with that.

My biggest beef with the checked bags (pre fee era) was waiting an hour at the bag return. Far shorter wait now that people have to pay for that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

From my side of the table, if you get pissed off because a driver in front of you at an intersection is in your way you could act like asshole.

Wife got confused and stuck in the wrong lane and none of the assholes behind her would let her move over. She got rattled and two cars got wrecked when an asshole tried to speed past as she moved over. We have a court date next month with the asshole who wrecked both cars.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Why do you need 3 supercans?
    For the pine needles and defensible space pruning. We fill all 3 cans several times each year. The lot isn't that big but a half dozen or so mature Jeffrey pines drop a lot of needles.

mulching mower...

For the pine needles and defensible space pruning. We fill all 3 cans several times each year. The lot isn't that big but a half dozen or so mature Jeffrey pines drop a lot of needles.
    Sweepin the forest!

Sweepin the forest!
    You won't be cracking the wise when GW turns Maine climate into CA's (and CA's into hell's). You'll be raking up those pine needles too.

I was busting on tRump.