Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

You are an asshole if...

More personalized than the "things that Annoy me" and not quite rising to the level of "POS human beings"

You are an asshole if you dont shovel your walks.

Personal or Commercial, you own it, you clear the snow or hire someone else too. Walking my dogs here and the same people just dont think they need to clear the sidewalks. Same when we were in the city, some stores/businesses just DNGAF.
    Dont remember this ever being a problem in SLC

Assholes

YAAAI you do not alternate when it is in play. Anywhere.

...if you opened this thread. Neener-neener.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    because it melts much faster in SLC.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    It was in front of our house our first winter there, or at least part of it. It wasn't something we'd ever had to deal with. We got the message when the mailman quit delivering our mail.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Truth. Unless you drive or walk on the stuff and pack it down it's melted in 24 hours. Winter isn't a thing here.

I deal with an interesting variation of this problem though: neighbor across the street is way into petrotainment and mounted a plow on one of his many ATVs. When he clears his driveway he's too lazy to make a turn and push the snow on his lawn so instead he drives clear across the street and pushes it on my lawn. Then I have to shovel that wall of consolidated slush before garbage day. If I don't the trash cans sit halfway across the street and he runs into them and flips them over when he pulls his F750 out of the driveway.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    In my neighborhood, the sidewalks that don't get shoveled stay icy for weeks during the winter. Even days like yesterday that got up to 48 don't melt them out in the deep shade.

My 30 something neighbor, that is a "business consultant" and "life coach," can never be bothered to clear his walk or driveway, even though as far as I can tell, he never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Then I have to shovel that wall of consolidated slush before garbage day.
    Goddamn. I'd have a stroke and an assault charge if my neighbor did that.

You are an asshole if...

Truth. Unless you drive or walk on the stuff and pack it down it's melted in 24 hours. Winter isn't a thing here.

I deal with an interesting variation of this problem though: neighbor across the street is way into petrotainment and mounted a plow on one of his many ATVs. When he clears his driveway he's too lazy to make a turn and push the snow on his lawn so instead he drives clear across the street and pushes it on my lawn. Then I have to shovel that wall of consolidated slush before garbage day. If I don't the trash cans sit halfway across the street and he runs into them and flips them over when he pulls his F750 out of the driveway.
    I don’t want to post video....cuz it’s very hard to watch.....but there was an awful double murder/suicide here in PA a month ago when neighbors got into an argument turned shooting about this very thing......the “real” video of the execution style shooting of the husband and wife is a brutal watch. All over putting snow in their yard....

The nearest sidewalk to me is 1.5 miles away so I'm off the hook.

Yeah WTF is up with the push it across the street bullshit? About a third of the houses around here just push the snow out and into the bank across the street. This makes the banks swell out into the street and sometimes there's barely room for two cars and in bad weather there's no way you're squeezing through that. There are at least a dozen accidents around here every snow day because of this stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I don’t want to post video....cuz it’s very hard to watch.....but there was an awful double murder/suicide here in PA a month ago when neighbors got into an argument turned shooting about this very thing......the “real” video of the execution style shooting of the husband and wife is a brutal watch. All over putting snow in their yard....
    Ok, well now I feel bad about the assault comment. Let me amend to "I would try to resolve through friendly conversation." Which is closer to the truth anyway.

We have codes around here for keeping your snow on your property. I guess that is not a common thing.

On the snow theme, you're an asshole (or worse) if you get on the highway with snow on your roof, especially if there's been a couple of freeze/thaw cycles and it's a big sheet ready to fly off with no warning for the guy behind you.

You are an asshole if...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ok, well now I feel bad about the assault comment. Let me amend to "I would try to resolve through friendly conversation." Which is closer to the truth anyway.
    Nah...don’t feel bad at all.....know it’s in jest...but when I heard that story here in PA and my buddy showed the video....it was nasty....3 lives gone in 5 minutes...and it was all over putting snow where it “didn’t belong”.

Not my intent to shit on your comments....but try to find that video if u want to watch something crazy. (Not even sure the video is out there anymore to view)

unsubscribe snow shoveling/car brushing talk
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What kind of temperatures are we talking? If cold enough for the snow to stay frozen I think I prefer it.

Nah...don’t feel bad at all.....know it’s in jest...but when I heard that story here in PA and my buddy showed the video....it was nasty....3 lives gone in 5 minutes...and it was all over putting snow where it “didn’t belong”.

Not my intent to shit on your comments....but try to find that video if u want to watch something crazy. (Not even sure the video is out there anymore to view)
    I wouldn’t recommend anyone watch that video.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

you don’t clean up your dog shit

bring dogs places posted ‘no dogs’

watch your dog do something annoying they’ve done millions of times and then tell the person bothered ‘they’ve never done that before’.

trifecta of dog owner assholes
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

You are an asshole if...

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I wouldn’t recommend anyone watch that video.

You see it?.....crazy right?....I’m not spooked by much...but I had freaking nightmares the night after watching that video. Unbelievable.

You are an asshole if...

You see it?.....crazy right?....I’m not spooked by much...by I had freaking nightmares the night after watching that video. Unbelievable.
    Yea. A buddy from Wilkes Barre sent it to me and it kept me up at night.

And I’m pretty morbid.

I’ll never argue like that with a neighbor that’s for sure. Never know who you are dealing with.

ass hole

You are an asshole if...

People that do not have a challenging handicap but use ADA parking spots. This includes people that park in the spot “just for a second”, people that have fake ADA placards, and also people that somehow finagled getting a real ADA placard thru the DMV / healthcare provider but actually don’t need them.

Edit: I also have a similar opinion of fake service dogs but that’s a different thread...

Edit#2: reread the first post. ADA parking spot violators are POSHBs.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    People that do not have a challenging handicap but use ADA parking spots. This includes people that park in the spot “just for a second”, people that have fake ADA placards, and also people that somehow finagled getting a real ADA placard thru the DMV / healthcare provider but actually don’t need them.

Edit: I also have a similar opinion of fake service dogs but that’s a different thread...

“Well those disabled fuckers can park in our spots whenever they want and nobody bothers them....”

- A. Hole.

Woodsy hasn't lived here for a while and winter was still a thing when he did. I've lived in my place for 14 years now and the changes that have happened in the last decade are astounding. The first 5-6 years we simply didn't see the back yard Dec-Feb because there was always 1-2 feet of snow, and now it's rare to have snow back there. Going further back, AC grew up in Holladay and in every childhood photo from winter there's 2-3 feet of snow on the ground.

Even now, though, spots where it gets packed down and turns into persistent glazed ice are still a thing. Especially on the north and east facing sides of fences and hedges.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

I would be very careful with this one, as you can't easily see the underlying disability. So trying to parse out who has a "challenging handicap" in your personal eyes is a recipe for trouble, or in the spirit of this thread, a recipe for making you the asshole. For ex, I know someone (a mag, actually) who has a prosthetic leg. He can ski and bike and is damn good at both, and if he's wearing pants you wouldn't see his disability and probably wouldn't notice the slight hitch in his step. Is he not entitled to an ADA placard? Lots of the time, he's fine, but when he's having issues (with his back or prosthetic or whatever) he needs the parking spot. And I am not going to tell him when he should or shouldn't use the placard; dude doesn't have a fucking leg, he can use the placard whenever he feels like he should. Do you feel like you are entitled to decide when he has a challenging handicap and when he doesn't?