Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I think there's a time limitation. If you shovel it and go get your car to pull it in the spot and someone scoops it, well, murder. But if you go to work or whatever and leave the spot it's fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Couldn't disagree more, street parking is in the public ROW. Unless you live in a community with an HOA that owns/maintains the roadways, street parking spots (yes, even the one you shoveled right in front of your walk) are 100% public (even permit requirements are for zones, not individual spots) and you have no special right or privilege to them.

Reserving street parking spots in the zenith of being an asshole.
    +1

+2

bernie saver

the ongoing debate
    seems more like yuppies v townies
    https://www.boston.com/uncategorized...ng-tradition-2
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

You say ''i'm not a racist, but''

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I think there's a time limitation. If you shovel it and go get your car to pull it in the spot and someone scoops it, well, murder. But if you go to work or whatever and leave the spot it's fair game.
    Yes.

Used to always rub me the wrong way that my neighbor parked in front of my house instead of their own. It the ROW though and they can park where they want. Double annoying because our garage was alley access but we street parked and they had a driveway.

I would fucking shovel all the snow back into the spot from the spot just in front of it if I had just spent an hour digging out a spot and someone took it while I went to move my car.

People that bring giant backpacking packs and duffels on flights as carryons. The overhead bin is sized to take three bags perpendicular to the airplane. If your giant ass bag doesn’t go in perpendicular and has to go parallel and take other peoples space, you’re an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Surprised this one has not made it and is so fucking obvious.

USE your fucking Turn signals!!!!! How hard is that?

Assholes!

I feel better now.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    People that bring giant backpacking packs and duffels on flights as carryons. The overhead bin is sized to take three bags perpendicular to the airplane. If your giant ass bag doesn’t go in perpendicular and has to go parallel and take other peoples space, you’re an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm definitely this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Truth. Unless you drive or walk on the stuff and pack it down it's melted in 24 hours. Winter isn't a thing here.

I deal with an interesting variation of this problem though: neighbor across the street is way into petrotainment and mounted a plow on one of his many ATVs. When he clears his driveway he's too lazy to make a turn and push the snow on his lawn so instead he drives clear across the street and pushes it on my lawn. Then I have to shovel that wall of consolidated slush before garbage day. If I don't the trash cans sit halfway across the street and he runs into them and flips them over when he pulls his F750 out of the driveway.
    In Vermont we solve those issues with a handful of roofing nails tossed in the neighbors driveway. He will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I'm definitely this guy.
    Last time I visited Italy I took my 60l Granite Gear backpack... full week of stuff in my "personal item."

It *did* fit in perpendicular... so maybe I'm not an asshole?

If you find yourself in a turn lane that you didn't mean to be in, or in the through lane that you didn't mean to be in, and you stop in the middle of the fucking road and cockblock the whole thing to wait for an opening to get in the other lane, you're an asshole. Just go around the damn block. Your fucking GPS will even tell you exactly how to fix your wrong turn!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    ... so maybe I'm not an asshole?
    Never second guess yourself.

If you cut ahead of every single car that is waiting to turn left into BCC in Utah. Some of which that have been waiting for more than an hour or more in the turn lane, and the reason they are waiting so long is assholes cutting.

Then the canyon closes for an accident or bombing and patient people don't get up because of these assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If you find yourself in a turn lane that you didn't mean to be in, or in the through lane that you didn't mean to be in, and you stop in the middle of the fucking road and cockblock the whole thing to wait for an opening to get in the other lane, you're an asshole. Just go around the damn block. Your fucking GPS will even tell you exactly how to fix your wrong turn!
    Man... so much this. Also - if you're in the left-most lane on a 6-lane interstate, and you realize 100 yards from an exit that *that* is the exit you need to take, just fucking drive the extra 2 miles to the *next* exit, turn around, and don't fuck it up on the way back.

But no... slam on the brakes and just hang a right across 5 lanes of 75mph traffic so you're not inconvenienced to the tune of 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Never second guess yourself.
    It's a fair cop.

I think I can simplify this thread.

If you are in a car, you're probably an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    If you cut ahead of every single car that is waiting to turn left into BCC in Utah. Some of which that have been waiting for more than an hour or more in the turn lane, and the reason they are waiting so long is assholes cutting.

Then the canyon closes for an accident or bombing and patient people don't get up because of these assholes.
    Wow, are people writing down make model and license plates and slicing tires in the parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    Wow, are people writing down make model and license plates and slicing tires in the parking lot?
    I hope so. I remember one specific van who cut in front of me, with a distinct hand-painted art work on it. I'm not sure what I'll do when I see him again at Brighton. I'd like to just kick a door panel with my boot.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I recently accepted the wrong turn like a good citizen. It cost me $14 in tolls and took almost an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I recently accepted the wrong turn like a good citizen. It cost me $14 in tolls and took almost an hour.
    Thank you for your service.

I'm with smartyiak on this one--it may be legal in a place like Boston to park in a spot someone else has shoveled. Doesn't make it right. Chances are that shoveled spot is where someone lives and the guy who parks in it probably lives elsewhere where he has his own shoveled spot.

wrote a song about it...here's how it goes
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Surprised it took this long to get Dennis's input on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    the ongoing debate
    seems more like yuppies v townies
    https://www.boston.com/uncategorized...ng-tradition-2
    I sent that one to my kid in Boston (who has almost certainly already seen it).