26.5 XT3 140 -- Free to *GOOD* Home

TL;DR: I have a pair of 26/26.5 Lange XT3 140s (basically new but punched a lot) that I'd like to give to a kid who loves skiing but can't afford new boots.

The good: The shells have been skied literally a couple runs, the liners are brand new. They walk like a touring boot and ski like an alpine boot. Best crossover boot I've tried, and I've tried lots.
    The bad: The shells have been punched extensively, mostly for width. Also, one of the stupid foam boot boards broke, and it needs to be replaced to ski them.
    (I'll spare you the boot-fitting saga, but they're just not wide enough to fit my stupid tailor's bunion and Morton's neuroma.) But hey, at least, they're free.

I'd like to give them to a kid in high school who skis super hard, loves skiing, skis as much as possible, etc, but who isn't spancered & can't afford new boots. If you fit that description or know someone who does, please make a case here or via PM, and we'll go from there. I'm not in a rush to get rid of them, and I'd rather they go to a kid who 1) needs them and 2) would be super stoked to ski them. Unfortunately, I can't give away a pair of burly touring bindings to match the boots -- hopefully the kid has binders that are Gripwalk compatible.

Maybe one of our shop mags like @gregL could help out with the broken boot board?

If I can't find a good home for them, I'll figure something else out. But I'd love for this to work out.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

bravo. there should be more of this

A collective tip of the hat to you. Will keep an eye out for a potential recipient

excellent. That is the way to do it

Every burly boot needs a burly ski to go along with it. If there is any interest on the side of whomever auvgeek selects I'll add a pair of 188 Rossignol RC112s (flat) drilled 1.5x for 916s to the deal. I'm not man enough to ski them well anymore and i'd like to see them get used by someone who will enjoy them. If there is a kid who needs a 140 flex boot they might well be able to do these skis justice as well.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

props to you for doing this. if i didn't just get a new pair of hojis, i would throw my own name in the hat. i'll let you know if i think of anyone.
    swing your fucking sword.

I'll throw some iteration of 916s in if they take soul's skis.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    TL;DR: I have a pair of 26/26.5 Lange XT3 140s (basically new but punched a lot) that I'd like to give to a kid who loves skiing but can't afford new boots.

The good: The shells have been skied literally a couple runs, the liners are brand new. They walk like a touring boot and ski like an alpine boot. Best crossover boot I've tried, and I've tried lots.
    The bad: The shells have been punched extensively, mostly for width. Also, one of the stupid foam boot boards broke, and it needs to be replaced to ski them.
    (I'll spare you the boot-fitting saga, but they're just not wide enough to fit my stupid tailor's bunion and Morton's neuroma.) But hey, at least, they're free.

I'd like to give them to a kid in high school who skis super hard, loves skiing, skis as much as possible, etc, but who isn't spancered & can't afford new boots. If you fit that description or know someone who does, please make a case here or via PM, and we'll go from there. I'm not in a rush to get rid of them, and I'd rather they go to a kid who 1) needs them and 2) would be super stoked to ski them. Unfortunately, I can't give away a pair of burly touring bindings to match the boots -- hopefully the kid has binders that are Gripwalk compatible.

Maybe one of our shop mags like @gregL could help out with the broken boot board?

If I can't find a good home for them, I'll figure something else out. But I'd love for this to work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Every burly boot needs a burly ski to go along with it. If there is any interest on the side of whomever auvgeek selects I'll add a pair of 188 Rossignol RC112s (flat) drilled 1.5x for 916s to the deal. I'm not man enough to ski them well anymore and i'd like to see them get used by someone who will enjoy them. If there is a kid who needs a 140 flex boot they might well be able to do these skis justice as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'll throw some iteration of 916s in if they take soul's skis.
    Whoa!
    Burly indeed!

Excellent work, gentlemen.

Some more thoughts, partially as a mass response to PMs:

1. I know it sucks for the broke college students out there, but I'd really prefer someone in high school cuz they're more reliant on their parents for money.

2. Boots are a 97 mm last, and been punched maybe to 103 or so. Bootfitter couldn't make a ton of room because the plastic is thin and PU (as opposed to grilamid which takes a punch nicely). Or so I'm told.

3. They're not a super burly boot. Weight is under 1700g. They're called a 140 flex, but I think we've confirmed it's the same shell as the XT3 130. I'd put them closer to the RS 120 than the RS130. Certainly not a true 140. I don't think an athletic teen will have any issues driving a reasonably playful ski (haven't skied the RC112 so no comment from me there).
    Last edited by auvgeek; 02-23-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Id like to help with this thread - Got a pair of XT Frees (26.5) that are not in the best of shape would would work well with a Kingpin or Tecton.

Any JONGs needing a free set ideally in seattle - shoot me a PM
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

FWIW, you should be able to heat up all the punches and get the boot pretty close to its original shape.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Bump for visibility.

Surprisingly little response so far.

photos

Not exactly a poor teenager. But I can think of some lifties and other assorted dirt bags at Alta doing on garbage gear that could use these. One kid is touring on boots without a inside cuff bolt. No idea hope that’s possible but he does it.

26.5 XT3 140 -- Free to *GOOD* Home

Frankly, plenty of insider connections and pro deals floating around Alta of all places those dudes should be taken care of.

If you need to go looking outside the community find a local, small hill bro in need. IMHO