Marker Kingpin Toe settings

Hey,
    trying to figure out what each click does on the Marker Kingpin toe. Lowest is ski mode, highest is walk mode, but there are 2 indents in between, which I cant find any info on.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by aslogar View Post
    . . .
    trying to figure out what each click does on the Marker Kingpin toe. Lowest is ski mode, highest is walk mode, but there are 2 indents in between, which I cant find any info on.
    All the way down is "ski" - the others are all "walk" but you normally want 3-4 clicks to ensure the ski will not fall off while skinning. If you can only get to indent 2, chances are you have some snow/ice packed under the toe wings.

some people claim they are different release values but i have never seen any word on that from people who actualy know what they are talking about

I think it gives just a little leeway for tech pins that are different widths in the toe of a boot and I believe some brands were different when Lou Dawson measured even tho when dynafit invented this stuff there was only 1 boot

all the way on all the way off, flick the lever to get all the ice out from the springs keep the pin holes clean so the skis don't fall off and thats it

I thot all pins on the brands of toe pieces of all tech bindings had clearing slots but it sounds like maybe only half the brands do, if you have slots in pins they are at 9 & 3 o'clock so you don't notice them looking down

so you click in the toe then BEFORE stomping in the heel move the skiback and forth on the snow far as you can 3 or 4 times so the slots can auger out ice & snow, you shoudl do this every time or they will fall off

from what I have seen many long time very good skiers do not know this

if you don't have clearingslots you gotta clear them by hand with something pointy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know