Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It’s the truth, it was merely an observation. If you ran down the street now screaming “USA USA” with a flag wrapped around you, everyone would just assume you were Maga or Q or something.
    Back Then we could be openly proud, and we had an enemy that wasn’t ourselves.
    That is all.

That game got my twin sister into hockey, and that got her a full ride at UVM as a goalie.
    Thanks for the clarification

#45 ruined everything, even the USA flag, he musta raped at least 10 of 'em

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Vladislav fuckin Tretiak. I hated that guy almost as much as I hate Ken Dryden.
    Why hate him--best goalie in the world at the time, can't help where he was born. Fetisov is still pissed that the Soviet coach pulled Tretiak at the end of the first period.
    Being from Detroit I love Russian hockey players--the Russian five, Federov, Datsyuk. And regardless of who they play for I think Russians are the most exciting players to watch.

You go right ahead and love those Rooskies buddeh. I hated them because they were good, and they were against us. That was all I needed.

Shit you probably hate Marchand, we can't even talk.

edit: Let's just agree to hate Ulf together and try to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not a fan of chanting USA USA but not because I think someone will think I'm a MAGA. I just figure that when you're the biggest kid on the block and win the most medals and the most wars (although we've been on a losing streak for a while) and have the most Covid you should act with some humility. It's the people from the little countries who get to wrap themselves in their flag and chant the name of their country when they win. That's what made the Miracle on Ice so cool--we were big underdogs in that one so we had every right to chant. I also think taking vicarious pride in the accomplishments of athletes just because they live in one's country or play in one's city is pretty silly--but I do it all the time, like everyone else.

Anyone who wants to know what pride in one's country is supposed to look like should go watch Merrick Garland's confirmation hearing.
    Well put, OG.

Hawley questioning Garland is just insane.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You go right ahead and love those Rooskies buddeh. I hated them because they were good, and they were against us. That was all I needed.

Shit you probably hate Marchand, we can't even talk.

edit: Let's just agree to hate Ulf together and try to carry on.
    I have no problem with Marchand. Just glanced at the Bruins roster--haven't paid attention this season or last. Man, a lot of names gone. I guess no one else could tolerate Marchand though. I suppose he'll end his career in Boston. (Has a chance to see the Bruins play the Wings in Boston with my son a few years ago, last or next to last game of the season, playoffs on the line (Boston missed that year)--and I got really sick from Boston food and we couldn't go. Expensive tickets too.

everytime I see this thread title i see Will Ferrel in " blades on ice "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    everytime I see this thread title i see Will Ferrel in " blades on ice "
    No.

Miracle On Ice....

Back when you just had to trust that the puck was somewhere in the middle area of your Tv screen.

I agree with IAS too, the movie was awesome.

Actually the 30 for 30 ‘of miracles and men’ is actually pretty cool too, it shows the perspective of the soviets.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Back when you just had to trust that the puck was somewhere in the middle area of your Tv screen.
    I still do. I either need a bigger TV or a better one or both. I watched a hockey game on my kid's TV and it was revelatory.
    Still, I have no interest in going back to the yellow chem trail attached to the puck (I think it was yellow) that one of the networks tried for a while.