Pumphouse Lake Avy Fatality 2/14

Like CAIC always says, all of the fatalities they investigate are tragedies.... but goddamn... this is gnarly. I don't snowmobile and don't know these folks, but this one really got me

From the final report:

"Rider 2 (son) rode over to the buried sled and saw Rider 1’s (father) boot in the snow. He started digging. Rider 1 was buried face-down, with his head under about one foot of avalanche debris. His torso was wedged between the track and tunnel, perpendicular to the sled. The avalanche or impact of the snowmobile broke the lake ice and Rider 1 was pinned in a slushy mix of avalanche debris and water. Rider 2 was unable to free his father from the snowmobile, and used the shovel to prop his head out of the water. Rider 1 was initially conscious, but eventually lost consciousness and stopped breathing."
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

fkn hell. an exceptionally difficult to read rescue report for sure.
    swing your fucking sword.

The son was 18. Horrific.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have never read such a clear description of trauma associated with an avalanche fatality. Truly horrible way to go.

RIP

https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/a...nv&view=public
    here save you some time
    a picture is worth a thousand words