Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    While they tick a lot of boxes on paper, I tried on a pair of original R3s a few years ago and found the fit and feel, at least on a trade show floor, very strange..
    Roxa R3 is one of the few boots out there that's had significant changes every year for the past 3+ years. So the 22/23s are quite different than older models.

Check out this review by Cy Whitling (I know NewSchoolers is the devil on TGR but Cy is a Blister Reviewer)

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...Roxa-R3-130-TI

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf. View Post
    ...I know NewSchoolers is the devil on TGR but Cy is a Blister Reviewer
    Haha. I found Cy through Blister, and he and I definitely seem to be aligned on what we're looking to get out of our days on the snow. I was relieved to know I had a kindred spirit that also straddles the lines between the Blister, TGR, and Newschoolers worlds. Once you learn to filter out all of the nonsense - and don't get me wrong it's absolutely like 90% nonsense - NS still has some value.

Given that I live kinda close to Montebelluna I have been able to try the neon R3 in the factoy a couple years ago and I thought it was a solid offering but not for my feet. Heel pocket and calf volume felt odd.

Given the fact that one of the very few boots I ever jived with was the old Kryptons I have been chasing that "feeling" throughout the years... I tried the old red (heavy) Lupo TIs and then I owned XT3 and Cochise. Always "meh" kind of fit and performance. Ultra XTD have been the real glimmer of hope.

Now I'm in the Ultra XTDs with the standard alpine Ultra S on the way (found used, very good price). Since I do 90% of my skiing "skins-served" these days having the same fit and feel in a more robust/easy to source "infrastructure" makes me happy and hopefully prolongs the lifespan of my XTDs.

Quote Originally Posted by oltrepiave View Post
    Given the fact that one of the very few boots I ever jived with was the old Kryptons I have been chasing that "feeling" throughout the years... I tried the old red (heavy) Lupo TIs and then I owned XT3 and Cochise. Always "meh" kind of fit and performance. Ultra XTD have been the real glimmer of hope.
    The newer Lupos that started with the white "Factory" model a few years ago are much closer to the original Krypton feel than the previous generation, IMO, unless you're talking about the red Lupo AX, which uses a more generous and arguably sloppier fitting last. The cuff and tongue still seem to fit a little lower than the old Krypton, but the clog feels really similar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    The newer Lupos that started with the white "Factory" model a few years ago are much closer to the original Krypton feel than the previous generation, IMO, unless you're talking about the red Lupo AX, which uses a more generous and arguably sloppier fitting last. The cuff and tongue still seem to fit a little lower than the old Krypton, but the clog feels really similar to me.
    thanks, all true. No, the ones I had were the second iteration of the Lupos I believe, the ones directly after the lime green ones with the white (non-detachable) tongue. They were pretty much in line with the very first iteration, heavy as fuck, metal ski-walk mechanism,heavy-duty buckles, intuition liner (pretty shit tbh, it was a squishy tongue one, threw it away pretty quickly and replaced them with my own classic wraps I had at the time), older Dalbello logo/font.

Construction wise it was burly as fuck and skied nice but even though I've loved cabrio I wouldn't change the Hawx. It's the boot for me fit wise, from the shin all the way down to the toebox.