Purgatory Chair 1...What's Going On?

Any of my 4 corners neighbors know what the fuck is up with Chair 1 at Purg? Been down for 2 weeks now? Supposedly a "spacing" issue but nobody seems to know how to fix it.
    The Sheriff is near!

these newer lifts rely on software for spacing and when it has glitches, it can difficult to find the cause is what I've heard. In some cases, they simply cannot find what is causing it not to space correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Any of my 4 corners neighbors know what the fuck is up with Chair 1 at Purg? Been down for 2 weeks now? Supposedly a "spacing" issue but nobody seems to know how to fix it.
    I has not been down for 2 weeks straight, but it's been down on and off since Christmas time due to this issue. They've even stopped doing daily updates recently on it's status. I heard they have brought in some specialty guys to diagnose the issue. I'll be curious to see if we get any update in the next few days.

Purgatory is a shit show.

So are they just running lift 6 all the time now?

Good thing they didn't pull it when they installed the new 1!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Plenty of reasons for passholders to be pissed at how this season has been going.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Spacing has been a persistent issue on 1 almost since they installed it. If it's down for any amount of time, there's a pretty safe bet it's spacing/collision avoidance. Heavy chairs, fat Texans squished over on one side so the chair slams around when it comes in to the top terminal, it can happen to any detachable chair. It just happens on 1 all the damn time.

As was mentioned, this particular instance is apparently a software issue. Ran Tuesday and today without issue while I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Purgatory is a shit show.
    Purg's always been a shitshow. But a half-assed Covid response mixed with some of the worst skiers in the Western United States is certainly not helping things. At least the coverage is good.