Atomic Backland Carbon Boot 19/20 failed cuff bushing

Hey all, have a look at my video
    https://youtu.be/5108SWDTku8

has anyone else seen this or think its an issue? local shop thinks its bad but has no parts and no word back from Atomic for a week after telling me to go to shop.

The “Frictionless Pivot” has a lot of free play in it. The Igus bushing (white disc) where the cuff hinge rivet would be is not a tight fit. With no liner in and slight push with a finger I get 2* of forward backward movement. Same with liner in just push a little more but not flexing the boot material. This includes the upper rivet pin play of the walk lockout mechanism.
    This is my big volcano touring boot in the PNW. No free ride or thrashing on it (to light weight for that). It’s gotten worse over the 11 months with 20 uses.

I had my go-to shop order a set of frictionless pivot bushings directly from Atomic in Austria for my Hawx XTD's. Arrived in less than a week and costed me 10 bucks or so. Mine aren't as bad as yours though, and they have close to 200 days of use.

https://skimo.co/atomic-boot-parts

Tell your shop to try again it should be an easy to get part.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    https://skimo.co/atomic-boot-parts

Tell your shop to try again it should be an easy to get part.
    Why not just buy them from skimo.co?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Why not just buy them from skimo.co?
    Seemed like he was searching for warranty replacement...
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

looks and sounds like a Scarpa, is the screw tight?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I have some worn pivots on my old Backlands that got like that. I managed to get some replacement ones. The old were so tightly locked that I couldn't manage to get them out. (The socket tool that holds the pivot inside the boot wasn't strong enough to hold the pivot part with the force I needed.) Skied them for another season and nothing came of it. I don't really notice the slop while skiing.

Now I have replaced them with a new set of Backlands.

Does anybody know what goes wrong if you let the cuff get too sloppy? Wear in the cuff part?

yes, these are only 11 months old so the 2 year warranty should apply.
    the interior nut is very tight. the included key wont hold nut at all to attempt to tighten/loosen bolt. shop couldnt even get it loose. thought was, boot gets sent back, drill out bolt and install new bushing and bolt. i dont want to miss any time touring.

slop is getting worse. increase slop (or slop of any kind) lessens foot input to ski. i figure with an already flexy boot PLUS this slop i figure im loosing some control/feel.

thanks for skimo link, nice to see how bushing fits. concerning where slop is coming from.

thanks for the feedback.

This guy seemed to get them out with a big wrench:
    https://www.frostguiding.co.uk/blog/...nd_season.html
    He said the fix didn't do much, though.