Is Scarpa Freedom RS 130 a real 130 flex?

Moving on from the Dalbello Lupo and picked up a pair of Scarpa Freedom RS 130s from STP. Feel pretty good fit wise but wondering about the flex. Are these a true 130 flex? Feel pretty good at room temperature and softer than a 130 flex but wondering how much stiffer they'll get in the cold. Normal alpine boot is a Rossi Allspeed 120 and that feels perfect from a flex perspective for the way I ski so would love to keep that feeling for a touring boot. Not skiing anything remotely aggressive when touring but do weight 220lbs geared.

Thanks!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Are these a true 130 flex?
    There is no such thing. "130 flex" boots are all over the map, the only thing they have in common is that they are normally the stiffest recreational offering in that model line.

I skied em IB/OB for like 3 years and really dug them!! Their ROM for the flex was killer for their time. I think their are stouter flexing 50/50 boots these days with similar ROM.

These still are my primary touring boot and dig em. Walk mechs failed after 150 days or so but easily replaced them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I ski them inbounds. Not as stiff as a Redster WC 130 but plenty stiff for me. I had the original Freedoms and I could fold those things in half...almost felt like I was droppin knees. The RS is pretty legit.

So... tried on the Freedoms and left them on for a bit and unfortunately, instep height will probably be a problem as that area started throbbing and that's even without the instep buckle buckled. Anybody who has skied the Freedom RS also ski the Atomix Hawx Prime XTD? Heard that boot may have one of the highest insteps available. Unfortunately can't try it on locally as the shops that carry this boot are out of stock in my size so gotta find it and order it somewhere else.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

none of us need 130 flex apparently
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    So... tried on the Freedoms and left them on for a bit and unfortunately, instep height will probably be a problem as that area started throbbing and that's even without the instep buckle buckled. Anybody who has skied the Freedom RS also ski the Atomix Hawx Prime XTD? Heard that boot may have one of the highest insteps available. Unfortunately can't try it on locally as the shops that carry this boot are out of stock in my size so gotta find it and order it somewhere else.
    Yeah, most Scarpas have low instep heights. That's why they work for me. Atomic, Fischer, Head, Technica all have too much volume for my duck feet

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    none of us need 130 flex apparently
    I'm in the market for some salomon sx91 rear entry circa 1990 ig anyone's holdin

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I once had dinner with Redman at the Peruvian in Alta and he went into a dissertation about his reentry salomon’s; crediting them for several first tracks. At first I thought he was a crank then when checking out several of the photos in the Peruvian, I noticed a fair share donated by him. I’m sure he’s cornered the market on those so good luck finding any ...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Orange only goes up to 120. You need to get red boots for 130+.

I skied them for a few seasons. They were slightly softer than my current Lange XT140s so I guess the rating is somewhat accurate.

RE instep height, shouldn’t that be a simple fix w/ a footbed and molded liner? Just cook the intuition and get some super feet insoles.

^^^Hmmm.... good point. I did do a shell fit and there seemed to be plenty of room in the instep height so maybe molding liners pushes some of that material away.

Out of curiosity, how would insoles address the problem? Asking cause when I tried on the boots with the liners in, I did use my custom footbeds which are relatively thin thickness wise.