Ski jacket/pants for pregnant women?

A friend was asking me if I knew of any ski jacket or pants brands that are supersized for women who are decently far-along pregnancy wise. I really don't think I've heard of anything like that, but perhaps someone here knows? He said that she's had the hardest of time with ski pants and was hoping to find bibs that could work - anything that would fit is just too long in the legs. She's not one of those 5'7 125lb ladies, where the options would be more plentiful.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    A friend was asking me if I knew of any ski jacket or pants brands that are supersized for women who are decently far-along pregnancy wise. I really don't think I've heard of anything like that, but perhaps someone here knows? He said that she's had the hardest of time with ski pants and was hoping to find bibs that could work - anything that would fit is just too long in the legs. She's not one of those 5'7 125lb ladies, where the options would be more plentiful.
    Jackets: we saw Janelle Smiley rocking this a few years back, but we never bought one. It's pretty sweet if an existing shell is big enough otherwise: https://makemybellyfit.com/products/...l?currency=USD

Pants: best to borrow or buy used in something Men's Med/Large with a full/side zip for peeing. My wife had good luck wearing my BD Dawn Patrol softshell pants through mid-term, with or without the suspenders. Very flexible overall; no side zip, but manageable. Some people have sewn in a belly band of sorts and added suspenders to pants to use what you have.

Highly recommend your friend reading Ingrid Backstrom's blog posts from a few years ago on biking and skiing pregnant and afterwards. It's easy in the social media age to see photos of someone getting rad [going against the norm] and doing these activities during or late in the pregnancy, but it's another to have someone well articulate their experience with good advice and inspiration - http://www.ingridbackstrom.com/