WTB - Attack2 13 DIN Toe AFD assist needed

Hi folks,

This evening was attempting to readjust the toe on a pair of Tyrolia Attack2 13 DIN binders on my Quixote's. Realized toe adjuster was just spinning in place and not moving the AFD as expected. Pulled the toe and confirmed the circled adjustment nut is just spinning in place. Dent on the AFD was from lightly channel locking from top and bottom to hold the adjustment nut in place to see if I could get it to sit in place to no avail. Maybe the nylock nut was defective or something.

Didn't have time this evening to look for a same pitch nut (just bigger to fill the space and stop it rotating). So curious if anyone has a donor toe available that is fully functioning with AFD adjuster working properly - could use just the AFD part that slides on the binder (my adjuster bolt/nut combo seems ok) or could take the entire toe piece. Mine are 4frnt branded but any Tyrolia, Elan, Head, etc. variant should work.

Seems like a bit of design flaw that the adjustment nut would potentially wear the plastic down and rotate, but that's another discussion. Set-up was stable all last season and most of this season until I notice my toe moving around a bit when pressing fwd. Probably out of warranty and it will be an easy solve if I can source something from the collective.

Will pay shipping and part(s) cost - send me any ideas or leads on parts. Shop guys, is that part even something that could be ordered as a replacement?

Thankfully have other sticks to ride this weekend - could be a slight delay on responding to anyone answering up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attack21.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	221.2 KB 
ID:	363866

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attack22.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	363865

Bump or I’ll get out the JB Weld or some epoxy to anchor the bolt back in it’s location.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did it strip the nut housing?

Yes - appears the plastic surround on the nut circled in the photo will not hang onto the nut any longer. Was looking at this Friday prepping to ski the weekend - so could have missed something... was able to pull the adjustment bolt and nut out and get it to turn but it a not easy and I could see why the plastic surround gave way - the my lock nut was holding on tight.

Really seems like something that would be covered under warranty

they are 2 or 3 year old bindings bought NIB from another skier... so highly doubt warranty exists any longer....

First I would try warranty, then try your local dealer that stocks Tyrolia and ask them to order you one, and then try JB weld / epoxy so it can no longer rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWcement View Post
    they are 2 or 3 year old bindings bought NIB from another skier... so highly doubt warranty exists any longer....
    Always worth a shot. Also happen to have some ins with Tyrolia... happy to help if needed.