Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1453
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    ...Of course if I go back I'll end up with $200 of other stuff I don't need...
    That's how "they getcha". Plus moving shit around every couple of weeks to make you wander through the store

Stopped off on the way home today, they still had the Gerry ribbed fleece zip up tops, they were not on sale but still a good deal at $15. Grabbed several more including a medium to use as a future base layer.

They also had these for $400

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73031621828__1EDD83AC-4523-4F8F-9F23-C4ADB86D5C97.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	604.1 KB 
ID:	487840
    watch out for snakes

They stopped selling Starbucks Nespresso pods and Natures Bakery Fig Bars. Now only using Costco for once a year mail order Charmin buy and Visa for gas and hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just noticed they have big bags of dried papaya spears that are quite good, and jackfruit as well! Maybe they’ve always had them, but new to me.

Still a little ticked that they’re not stocking goji berries anymore, but these are a small compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    They stopped selling Starbucks Nespresso pods and Natures Bakery Fig Bars. Now only using Costco for once a year mail order Charmin buy and Visa for gas and hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Mine still has the fig bars as of yesterday, so hopefully just a temporary stocking thing for you.
    Granted I looked at the ingredients lately and noticed they're loaded with sugar, so it's not exactly a healthy snack, but a good thing to bring skiing/biking/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    They stopped selling ....Natures Bakery Fig Bars....

Well this is upsetting. At 100 calories a pop they were part of my arsenal of go-to foods for long days on the bike. Hoping it's just a regional thing. I've made trips before where they were out, then went back a few months later and they had them again.

I tried. I really tried. But I fucking hate Costco.

I read this thread. I listened to all of my friends, family and co-workers: "I got it at Costco!" "You gotta join Costco!" "Costo has the best pickle flavored popsicles! You gotta join!" "Oh, the hotdogs at to food court!" "Have you had the pies!!!" bla, bla bla....

I've been in the past, so I thought OK, I'll give it another go. Went 4-5 times now. Fuck that place. Never going back. Can't find what I'm looking for. Most things aren't cheaper than other stores. The Kirkland TP was horrible. Crowded AF.

Back to Home Depot for cleaning supplies and paper products (just as cheap). And I'll stick with Winco (most of the time about the same or cheaper) and my corner grocer for food. Plus there's no price on my time and sanity.

Sorry Cosco-ers. This shopper doesn't get it.

I just found out that Costco has a glass 33.8oz bottle of Canuck organic maple syrup for $12.99.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Can't find what I'm looking for. Most things aren't cheaper than other stores.
    The first one is a legit demerit. They love moving things around. The second one I can't agree with. Especially for their sale items they can be much cheaper than other stores.

I read this thread. I listened to all of my friends, family and co-workers: "I got it at Costco!" "You gotta join Costco!" "Costo has the best pickle flavored popsicles! You gotta join!" "Oh, the hotdogs at to food court!" "Have you had the pies!!!" bla, bla bla....

I've been in the past, so I thought OK, I'll give it another go. Went 4-5 times now. Fuck that place. Never going back. Can't find what I'm looking for. Most things aren't cheaper than other stores. The Kirkland TP was horrible. Crowded AF.

Back to Home Depot for cleaning supplies and paper products (just as cheap). And I'll stick with Winco (most of the time about the same or cheaper) and my corner grocer for food. Plus there's no price on my time and sanity.

MY MAN!!! (high five) - Fuck Costco for all those reasons and more.

Finally someone with math skills and reasoning in this thread.

I can understand not liking Costco.

Costco does move a lot of shit around, but not everything.

Costco is NOT the cheapest for everything, but in general their prices are always decent and often good and sometimes outstanding. Yes, you can possibly find the same item for the same price, but you will rarely find it cheaper. That said, you might find a similar item cheaper (for ex, Costco canned goods might be the cheapest for the name brand, but a grocery store brand might be cheaper). But they never gouge you.

I have never found cheese anywhere close to the prices they have. And I love cheese.

Their meat quality is really good, and some (but not all) of the meats are very good prices.

Their rotisserie chicken is worth the membership on its own.

Lastly, I find all of their stuff to be good quality for the price, and the fact that they have a killer return policy makes it that much easier.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I can understand not liking Costco.

Costco does move a lot of shit around, but not everything.

Costco is NOT the cheapest for everything, but in general their prices are always decent and often good and sometimes outstanding. Yes, you can possibly find the same item for the same price, but you will rarely find it cheaper. That said, you might find a similar item cheaper (for ex, Costco canned goods might be the cheapest for the name brand, but a grocery store brand might be cheaper). But they never gouge you.

I have never found cheese anywhere close to the prices they have. And I love cheese.

Their meat quality is really good, and some (but not all) of the meats are very good prices.

Their rotisserie chicken is worth the membership on its own.

Lastly, I find all of their stuff to be good quality for the price, and the fact that they have a killer return policy makes it that much easier.
    You do know that the Costco rotisserie chicken is a lot ss leader, right? It's designed to get rubes like us in the store. There's been a bunch of times where the chicken was the "oh shit, it's getting late and we're just leaving Burlington, what the fuck are we gonna do for dinner, I know, lets swing through Costco" meal.

The Kirkland TP was horrible.
    Interesting take. My butthole loves it.

Danno pretty much nailed it on everything else.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You do know that the Costco rotisserie chicken is a lot ss leader, right? It's designed to get rubes like us in the store. There's been a bunch of times where the chicken was the "oh shit, it's getting late and we're just leaving Burlington, what the fuck are we gonna do for dinner, I know, lets swing through Costco" meal.
    Of course I know that. It's why the chicken case is in the way back, too. I don't give a fuck WHY they sell it for the price they sell it for, just that they do sell it for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Interesting take. My butthole loves it.
    Yeah, I like the Kirkland TP as well. It's a good middle ground between the Scott Tp that is basically see-through and the Charmin that is gross in the other direction.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

First thought after reading this: I bet you could wear some Kirkland pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, I like the Kirkland TP as well. It's a good middle ground between the Scott Tp that is basically see-through and the Charmin that is gross in the other direction.
    I'd suggest, despite the given heartiness of the ply count, that one wipe only in one direction.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You do know that the Costco rotisserie chicken is a [loss] leader, right? It's designed to get rubes like us in the store. There's been a bunch of times where the chicken was the "oh shit, it's getting late and we're just leaving Burlington, what the fuck are we gonna do for dinner, I know, lets swing through Costco" meal.
    You say that like it's a problem?

I actually don't buy it much - I find it overly salty and I can make a better one on the Traeger (also purchased at Costco) pretty easily. We had the Shepherd's pie for dinner tonight - that's a good easy meal.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    You say that like it's a problem?

I actually don't buy it much - I find it overly salty and I can make a better one on the Traeger (also purchased at Costco) pretty easily. We had the Shepherd's pie for dinner tonight - that's a good easy meal.
    You can certainly make a better one, but it’s worlds better than any store bought chicken and half to a quarter of the price.

I recently found Costco pizza (loosely defined) is not consistent across stores which is both surprising and disappointing since the pizza at my closest store is noticeably worse. They do have strawberry flavored ice cream product, though. Which is nice.

These are baller. Thought they would be around for ages but blew through the first container.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I recently found Costco pizza (loosely defined) is not consistent across stores which is both surprising and disappointing since the pizza at my closest store is noticeably worse. They do have strawberry flavored ice cream product, though. Which is nice.

These are baller. Thought they would be around for ages but blew through the first container.

Never seen those. How do they stack up to Luxardos?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I'd suggest, despite the given heartiness of the ply count, that one wipe only in one direction.
    Golf clap

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Never seen those. How do they stack up to Luxardos?

Golf clap
    They're identical. Great value.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

KIrkland Golf Balls......maybe bulk ground beef to freeze for tacos/chili/soups etc.

TP/PaperTowels too.

That's about it.

Maybe there's different levels of Kirkland TP? I threw the last few rolls of what I bought out. Too many finger breaches.

I'm not a huge rotisserie chicken guy, but even if I was, I don't want to face the gas queue assholes, the crowded parking lot and walking 300 yards through a merchandise menagerie just to save 2 dollars on a chicken.

Plus, it's a min of $60 a year. Gonna take a lot of chickens to see actual saving there.

Maybe there's different levels of Kirkland TP? I threw the last few rolls of what I bought out. Too many finger breaches.

I'm not a huge rotisserie chicken guy, but even if I was, I don't want to face the gas queue assholes, the crowded parking lot and walking 300 yards through a merchandise menagerie just to save 2 dollars on a chicken.

Plus, it's a min of $60 a year. Gonna take a lot of chickens to see actual saving there.
    If you do the executive membership, it gives you 2% back on everything you buy at Costco. They don't tell you this, but if you don't spend enough to get a rebate equal to the membership fee, they will refund you the difference. Basically becomes free. I haven't done this for awhile because I spend far more than enough, so not sure it's still in place.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    If you do the executive membership, it gives you 2% back on everything you buy at Costco. They don't tell you this, but if you don't spend enough to get a rebate equal to the membership fee, they will refund you the difference. Basically becomes free. I haven't done this for awhile because I spend far more than enough, so not sure it's still in place.
    I don't always spend enough, but hey, it works out to free. And they absolutely did tell me. But maybe because I said "I'm not sure if I'll spend enough" when they were doing the roving membership upsell in the checkout line.