Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    The mirrors and windows in your place are going to look great with you cleaning them twice a week....
    Just use that shit to clean all the vehicle windows during the winter... gallons will be gone in NO TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Man, this thread has gotten me on a serious Costco food court kick over the last 2 weeks. Only a couple blocks from the office, so it’s an easy jaunt when those lunchtime hunger pains start creeping up.

It’s gotten to the point where I’ll skip breakfast and then mow down a pepperoni slice + chicken bake in one sitting. My gut is starting to fight back though, to the point where I’ll get real lethargic through the afternoon. What should I do?
    slay.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...work+bathrooms
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    17" tires mounted and balanced, 20$ ea.
    When you buy tires from them (which are a good deal anyway), you get free rotation and balance for life. You allegedly get free flat repair too.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the 505 Fire Roasted Green Chile salsa. It was on sale a month or two ago and my wife and I bought about six jars of it. Good shit.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    When you buy tires from them (which are a good deal anyway), you get free rotation and balance for life. You allegedly get free flat repair too.
    I have mixed feelings on Costco tires. Yes: they are a good price, brand name (michelin and bridgestone), life time rotation and balancing. They have well trained technicians using good equipment.

The downsides: The tires are what the auto industry calls "club tires", versions you can get only in warehouse clubs. Some gearheads I know are convinced club tires are good for low prices but sacrifice fuel economy.

The free flat repair works only under special circumstances, you can get the vehicle and the flat to a costco store, on a non-busy day, and the tire shop can fit you in. Rotation and balancing is now done on an appointment basis, with weekend appointments usually filling up by Thursdays.

Will I buy tires from Costco again? Yes, price beats the downsides, but I will lookup fuel economy to compare against the tire being replaced.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

I do not get tires at Costco, I get them from Discount Tire, which has great service and price matches.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I do not get tires at Costco, I get them from Discount Tire, which has great service and price matches.
    Discount tire is a good operation. Switched from Costco to them when my old stupid car only ran run-flats and they’ve been great to deal with with every other car since.
    I still call it The Jake.

Name:  IMG_1185 (1).jpg
Views: 706
Size:  122.2 KB
    got these beauties from tire rack! The ups lady is hottie blond ponytail, rainbow mirror raybans, short shorts, blouse open 4 buttons and country music blasting on the radio. She unloaded em right into the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    I have mixed feelings on Costco tires. Yes: they are a good price, brand name (michelin and bridgestone), life time rotation and balancing. They have well trained technicians using good equipment.

The downsides: The tires are what the auto industry calls "club tires", versions you can get only in warehouse clubs. Some gearheads I know are convinced club tires are good for low prices but sacrifice fuel economy.

The free flat repair works only under special circumstances, you can get the vehicle and the flat to a costco store, on a non-busy day, and the tire shop can fit you in. Rotation and balancing is now done on an appointment basis, with weekend appointments usually filling up by Thursdays.

Will I buy tires from Costco again? Yes, price beats the downsides, but I will lookup fuel economy to compare against the tire being replaced.
    1 year ago and 3 years ago, when I shopped for tires, I price checked them at other locations. Maybe Costco has "club tires" at you location or state. In OR, they sale the same models I can get anywhere. But I only look at top tier tires

I have to rotate myself now. I went with Nokian and Costco wont touch anyone else's tires. With the drive, schedule and wait, I'd rather just rotate myself.

I have a major bitch with their flat repair. If the puncture is in the outer groove, or too close to it, they say it's in the shoulder and wont fix it. I now have a tire repair kit in my car

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I have a major bitch with their flat repair. If the puncture is in the outer groove, or too close to it, they say it's in the shoulder and wont fix it. I now have a tire repair kit in my car
    It has nothing to do with this thread, but this got me pissed again about having to buy four tires for the Subaru when they’re less than half worn down, but you ruined one tire and have to replace them all so you don’t tear up the drive train with that one new tire.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    It has nothing to do with this thread, but this got me pissed again about having to buy four tires for the Subaru when they’re less than half worn down, but you ruined one tire and have to replace them all so you don’t tear up the drive train with that one new tire.
    Maybe it's true, but that always seemed counter-intuitive to me. Isn't the idea of AWD to distribute power to all four tires? So they're saying that's what it's for, but by doing so too much you risk wearing out the transmission? It's probably true, but that seems like a design flaw to me.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Name:  IMG_1185 (1).jpg
Views: 706
Size:  122.2 KB
    got these beauties from tire rack! The ups lady is hottie blond ponytail, rainbow mirror raybans, short shorts, blouse open 4 buttons and country music blasting on the radio. She unloaded em right into the garage.
    You had me until country music. Boner killer.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Maybe it's true, but that always seemed counter-intuitive to me. Isn't the idea of AWD to distribute power to all four tires? So they're saying that's what it's for, but by doing so too much you risk wearing out the transmission? It's probably true, but that seems like a design flaw to me.
    Partially that. If you're constantly running an imbalanced load on the power distribution, the gear housing is going to react in an imbalanced manner. Over time, the housing will rack, leading to much bigger problems. It was designed to run balanced most of the time with momentary slips. Could they beef it up? Sure, but you're adding weight to an already heavy drivetrain as they'd have to beef it up for every possible unbalanced load situation.

Find a better tire shop that will shave down a tire to match tread depth of the others. Back when I had a subie they'd do it for $20. Usually these are the mom and pop shops, not the globo chain stores.

EDIT: Tire Rack still does this. You gotta measure your own tread depth though. You need to call them for the service though.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

So that's bullshit and the tire is fine to plug? Discount pulled this move on me with a nearly new tire on the wife's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    So that's bullshit and the tire is fine to plug? Discount pulled this move on me with a nearly new tire on the wife's car.
    I’ve dealt with this bullshit from fire stone and discount in the past. I just bring it over to Victor‘s tires and they put a patch in a continental extreme contact tire no problem which held for another 5000 or more until the tire was worn out. I don’t buy that bullshit from the major tire guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's partially tire construction and a liability of the shop plugging it.

Same tire at Costco and Discount
    https://tires.costco.com/Product?Ite...pect=65&rim=16
    https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...400-02/p/14467

Name:  tire.PNG
Views: 638
Size:  241.5 KB

Costco wouldn't repair the hole with the blue nail, I did it my self because there was only 10-12,000 (just enough to get to a size differential) and it wasn't worth 1 new tire and the pro-rating cost.. It was in the outer groove, but not on the shoulder. I repaired a hole in my sons tire, red nail, and it worked fine for a couple thousand until he got new tires.
    I won't attempt a repair if it's close to the middle of the edge radius, or really any farther out than the red nail.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's the same for any differential. Any 2WD with different sized tires on the drive axles will cause the diff to constantly turn and wear the bearings out.

i'll look up the price on x-ice to compare next time.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...plaint-thread)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post

I kinda doubt this club tire thing is true....

I do a lot of my large purchases at Costco - TVs, appliances, BBQs, etc... and I always hear this rumor.. ie that the manufacturer supplies a cheaper product to Costco then what they supply to other stores.

When I make these purchases I always backcheck the SKU to compare prices to HD, Bestbuy, etc... and it’s always the same product....

Costco prices these large buys at like $50-$100 lower than the big competitors... probably to keep you paying the $60 a year and coming in and dropping $300 on toilet paper and pool toys...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Just tried Kirkland Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream and it's pretty damn good for store bought ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I kinda doubt this club tire thing is true....
    For sure. If the SKU is the same but one store's product is inferior that store would likely have serious legal exposure.

I would love to be wrong, and if so, I will take that case.

Every tire I have ever bought from Costco was available somewhere else in the same SKU, just more money. They may have special club models like they do with TVs and stuff, but it's easy enough to avoid if you know what you are looking for. I used to buy from Tire Rack because installation was cheaper for me than Discount Tire and you have more options where to ship it to.

I notice power tools often have different SKUs if they are on a store deal- always looks like the same tool with same motor/battery etc. just in some kit or whatever you can only get at a specific store.

PSA Garlic, Herb and Olive Oil Gourmet Almonds. are being discontinued @ Costco.
    my wife bought 5 bags last trip.
    act accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    PSA Garlic, Herb and Olive Oil Gourmet Almonds. are being discontinued @ Costco.
    my wife bought 5 bags last trip.
    act accordingly
    Those are addicting.

The Tyson Panko Chicken Breasts (not nuggets) are really good.
    Click. Point. Chute.