Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    I'll have to look for that salsa. I'm used to looking for the jars in the non-refrigerated section. I take it these are in a cooler somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't know, I've got a couple pairs of Smartwool hiking socks that are still going strong after probably 20 years.
    I've never had a pair of Smartwool socks last me more than a year before a hole develops somewhere. Usually the heel or big toe.

I've had great luck with Darn Tough, but agree that they don't fit as well and aren't as comfy as other socks.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I've never had a pair of Smartwool socks last me more than a year before a hole develops somewhere. Usually the heel or big toe.
    Weird. Mine don't even appear to be getting thin anywhere.

I'll have to look for that salsa. I'm used to looking for the jars in the non-refrigerated section. I take it these are in a cooler somewhere.
    Yup, a 2 pak of roasted salsa goodness. A little hot, but I like it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I've had great luck with Darn Tough, but agree that they don't fit as well and aren't as comfy as other socks.
    I’ve got several pairs of smartwools that just keep going, like 14 years now. These have been bomber for me.

Weird. Mine don't even appear to be getting thin anywhere.
    I get the thin footies and use them year-round to run and ride, so that's probably part of it. They fit great and are super comfy, so I keep getting them.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Thread drift but the best socks I use are Feetures and 2nd isn’t close. $20 a pair retail though..

I get the thin footies and use them year-round to run and ride, so that's probably part of it. They fit great and are super comfy, so I keep getting them.
    Okay, I'm talking about the thick wool socks.

We’re all kinda saying the same thing. I have Defeet cycling socks from my racing days that must be 40 years old now and they’re faded, and that’s it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I had some smart wool ski socks that lasted me over a decade. I ordered three pair from SAC and they sent me 6 pairs. SO maybe that's why they lasted so long. But yeah, I feel like all the fancy bike and hike socks that I own just fall apart really fast. They were usually given to me as a gift because I don't buy that shit unless I have to. Sock Doctor socks are the same way, although I didn't expect them to be great, but they had CO national Monument on them and a cool lizard so I bought them.

Anyway. Kirkland wool socks are like the Kincos of socks for me. Oh! When is Kirkland gonna start branding Kincos? I'm gonna laugh my ass off when I see a dude with "Kirkland" across his knuckles.

They sell a leather work glove that has light insulation. I wear them for touring and sometimes at the hill.

I should take a sharpie and write KIRKLAND on them.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I had some smart wool ski socks that lasted me over a decade. I ordered three pair from SAC and they sent me 6 pairs. SO maybe that's why they lasted so long. But yeah, I feel like all the fancy bike and hike socks that I own just fall apart really fast. They were usually given to me as a gift because I don't buy that shit unless I have to. Sock Doctor socks are the same way, although I didn't expect them to be great, but they had CO national Monument on them and a cool lizard so I bought them.

Anyway. Kirkland wool socks are like the Kincos of socks for me. Oh! When is Kirkland gonna start branding Kincos? I'm gonna laugh my ass off when I see a dude with "Kirkland" across his knuckles.
    Are they dexterous as fuck?

not really much of a costco type maybe for tires but the cheap looking flannel LINED cargo pants are the money when it gets really fucking cold so i dragged them out last week

back in the day my most extreme 15yr old son ate 6 of those bacon wrapped steaks in one sitting and it became a family storey

so we bought a pack of them last weekend and they were really good
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-15-2022 at 10:15 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

They had 505 Hatch today at the Costco in SoDo.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    They had 505 Hatch today at the Costco in SoDo.
    Thanks! I usually shop at Aurora Village. Hopefully they'll be getting it back.

The Bitchin Sauce is a good salsa alternative too

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are they dexterous as fuck?
    Dexterity is overrated. What are you gonna do? Play the piano? No, you need to grip ski poles, that’s it. You guys probably all ski with those “Look at me I went to Chamonix” ski poles with excessive padding anyway. I saw them on sale last week at Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    We’re all kinda saying the same thing. I have Defeet cycling socks from my racing days that must be 40 years old now and they’re faded, and that’s it.
    Yeah I have Firecracker 50 defeet woolie boolies that show no damage after 20 years of wearing them. It's unreal

Dexterity is overrated. What are you gonna do? Play the piano? No, you need to grip ski poles, that’s it. You guys probably all ski with those “Look at me I went to Chamonix” ski poles with excessive padding anyway. I saw them on sale last week at Costco.
    Ha ha. I meant the socks!

How long have you been holding that one in?

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    The Bitchin Sauce is a good salsa alternative too
    With the almond crackers... yummm
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I bought a box of the Grande Galette French butter cookies last week. I definitely recommend them. So good along with a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    How long have you been holding that one in?
    don't make a comment about what's a real city or you'll find out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No, I'm not gonna bother mailing socks in for replacement. I know they'd take care of them, but most were given to me as a gift (because I don't buy them). But yeah, all my darn tough socks get holes in them in weird places around the ankles. The excessive paddling in the toes is also annoying.
    There is a store in Canmore that does a Darn Tough exchange . Hand in old socks and get new pair right then. My wife refers to her darn tough as her library socks. We have slate floors so we go through lots of socks though the Darn Tough wear way better than most.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

I bought some Grillo’s Pickles based on this thread. Yes, delicious. Yes, the bucket is a terrible design. It’s almost like the bucket is sooo it’s not worth the purchase over some Claussen’s.

In other news - The LG CordZero vacuum we picked up from Costco has been life changing…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA