Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Costco kimchi (Jongga) is probably the best kimchi you can buy that isn't hand made by an old Korean lady (either in small asian store or your mother-in-law ). It's the same brand that is the #1 selling kimchi brand in South Korea.

Uses:
    On brats - seriously, if you haven't tried this, you are missing out. Beer brat, kimchi, stone ground mustard, toasted bun = perfection!
    hashbrowns/breakfast potatoes
    any soup
    over rice, kimchi fried rice is great
    straight out the jar!

Saw Bachan's BBQ sauce at Costco and didnt want to buy that much at once.
    Grabbed a smaller bottle and thinking its a pretty solid marinade so may be buying more going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I recently went to the Costco in Kauai and found some really incredible refrigerated ramen in their Asian section. I was blown away by how good it was. The package said it was made in Honolulu. After trying to figure out what it is called I think it is Sun Noodle Shoyu Ramen.

It is unfortunately not available at the nearest Costco to me in eastern Idaho, but it is a definite buy if you ever come across it at a Hawaii or west coast Costco. It's by far the best store bought ramen that I've ever had. Looks like it can be purchased online- https://sunnoodle.com/
    LOTS of ramen shops on the west coast use sun noodles in their ramen.

Whoever suggested the Thin Mint Pretzels... thank you. Fucking delicious

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    LOTS of ramen shops on the west coast use sun noodles in their ramen.
    That looks interesting. I never was a fan of the instant ramen in cups that I grew up with, but this looks like it might be a little more edible with hopefully less of a salt overload.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yes

This is crazy good on a nut butter sandwich instead of jam/jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm half Korean. I don't know how anyone likes kimchi...
    That's because your still traumatized from your friends making fun of your house smelling like ass. Seek a bit of therapy and next thing you know you'll be putting it in your cereal. My family is Korean and it's taken my sister about 40 years to embrace it and now she eats it almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    What in da fuq made you even think of putting that on a peanut butter sammy? I'll have to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    What in da fuq made you even think of putting that on a peanut butter sammy? I'll have to try it.
    A long time ago a coworker of mine introduced me to peanut butter and pickles. I took it a step further and put kimchi on peanut butter and almond butter at Cetera. Try it and don’t look back… It’s a really nice combination of fats salt and pickled veggies.

they also have a travel site - buddy just booked a great oct. trip to italy through them - never knew they had a travel agency section.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    they also have a travel site - buddy just booked a great oct. trip to italy through them - never knew they had a travel agency section.
    There are some good deals to be had through Costco Travel, for sure. We used them for a Jamaica trip about 10 years ago...

Cool to see so many people loving the kimchi. Any of you cooking with it? (kimchi fried rice, kimchi jiggae, soondobo etc) Eat it fresh, cook the older stuff.

I went to Costco yesterday specifically looking for Kimchi. No dice.

I did find some delicious fresh sauerkraut (and $450 of other food), though.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I have some of the Costco kimchi in the fridge with a 03 May date. Think it's still good or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I have some of the Costco kimchi in the fridge with a 03 May date. Think it's still good or nah?
    Would you eat a pickle with that date on it?

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I did find some delicious fresh sauerkraut (and $450 of other food), though.
    Seriously hard to get out of there for under $300. And I'm only feeding myself, lol. One trip, right before the pandemic hit full throttle, cost me nearly $450. A lady came by while I was at the register and told me to sign up for executive membership. Weird timing of sales tactic. Umm, I'm just buying 8-12 months of food, I'm good thanks, see you next year!

Where I really get suckered in is the cheese/dips/tamales/sausages/prepared meals in the refrigerated aisles.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Would you eat a pickle with that date on it?
    Yes, but pickles don't usually contain shrimp and anchovy so I need the assurance of strangers on the internet.

Eat it. Not a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Eat it. Not a close call.
    this
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have been doing more regular shopping at Costco, and periodically hunting for items they occasionally have but not always/often, so I have had a number of totals less than $200. But usually, $200 is the minimum spend.

I assume people have mentioned the chickens, holy shit I buy a rotisserie chicken every time I go. Incredible value.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    That's because your still traumatized from your friends making fun of your house smelling like ass. Seek a bit of therapy and next thing you know you'll be putting it in your cereal. My family is Korean and it's taken my sister about 40 years to embrace it and now she eats it almost daily.
    Got any advice for the raw (salted? fermented?) squid, crabs, and fish at hmart? The people who work there haven't been that helpful and I find that display section of deli containers intimidating. Not sure if it's supposed to be eaten raw or cooked.

i got a letter from Costco yesterday because I had bought some mozzarella cheese that was now subject to a voluntary recall. The reason for the recall was that improper labeling had left out an ingredient that was a possible allergen. That allergen? Milk.

i can only imagine the sheer number of people rushing to return their mozzarella from a few months ago because it's revealed to contain milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

I assume people have mentioned the chickens, holy shit I buy a rotisserie chicken every time I go. Incredible value.
    Wife and daughter are currently in Paris so I’m splurging and this is what I’m eating for the next two days
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Wife and daughter are currently in Paris so I’m splurging and this is what I’m eating for the next two days
    Yep, one bird provides me a number of meals. And makes it super easy to whip up chicken dishes, like the enchiladas that my daughter suddenly craves. Chop up some Costco chicken, roll up in tortillas, pour sauce/cheese over, bake.