Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    So a little googling shows Winco is always ahead over Costco for prices, and Walmart close behind both (but yes sometimes far behind on some deals). Either I can spend hours figuring out the best deals every week, or just keep doing my Winco/Walmart/Costco shopping combo and not sweat a few dollars, but sure I'll add some new items people listed here to my Costco list.

And Harmons for gourmet shit you can't get at discount places.

/boringshoppingdadblogisdonehere

Duracell batteries and 3M furnace filters, on sale only

Cheap place to get an 8x10 photo printed too

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    So a little googling shows Winco is always ahead over Costco for prices
    I'm curious what you were able to compare like for like between them?

What do I want from Costco?

I’m still baffled that a person with kids can make a small pack of bloobs and a small pack of strawbs last more than a day. We have to ration the jumbo packs and they still disappear. It’s rare that anything goes to waste and it’s usually some weird shit the wife buys and doesn’t eat (pre packaged beets?).

COVID has made for some interesting Costco trips. Just before the holiday spike the wife insisted on a mission. It was a meticulously planned two-cart assault. I was just along for the ride but it was a thing of beauty. The tally was astronomical, but it bought us three months of no grocery shopping (with some help from Misfits for produce) and ended up saving us a ton of money.

Kirkland Synthetic Oil

Street Taco kit

Kiolbassa Smoked sausage

Kimchi for the sausage

Chicken party wings

2x Kerrygold, almond butter, and olive oil

We buy hippie cleaning products and all Costco carries is the awful Method shit that smells like a perfumed asshole.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If you're already a member you're a fool to not buy TP, cleaning supplies and other non-perishables while you're there. A 18 oz flat of blueberries costs the same a little 6 oz box at the grocery store and they're consistently higher-quality. Also, JOJO's chocolate.
    If you’re making a batch of margaritas, a 5-lb bag of limes from Costco for $6 makes a lot more sense than $0.79 per lime at Safeway.

So a little googling shows Winco is always ahead over Costco for prices, and Walmart close behind both (but yes sometimes far behind on some deals). Either I can spend hours figuring out the best deals every week, or just keep doing my Winco/Walmart/Costco shopping combo and not sweat a few dollars, but sure I'll add some new items people listed here to my Costco list.

Don't forget Caputos, or a stop in New York for the good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm curious what you were able to compare like for like between them?
    i didn't, I did a quick Costco vs Winco search and a few results popped up. Here is an industry study on 2020:

https://www.dunnhumby.com/about-us/n...ference-index/

Costco was in the top 5 previously for price but not this year: "The top five grocery stores for price are 1) Aldi, 2) Market Basket, 3) WinCo, 4) Lidl, and 5) Trader Joe’s."

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I’m still baffled that a person with kids can make a small pack of bloobs and a small pack of strawbs last more than a day. .
    Fair enough, ha, and that's who I buy them for mainly. We buy strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. So we don't need 1-2 pounds of each every week of each kind.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Don't forget Caputos, or a stop in New York for the good shit.
    Plane tix are cheap to NY now, I could save some money shopping there.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Tires-car and truck. Gas. Contacts, Jeans. Electric toothbrushes, LED light bulbs (usually subsidized by local power company). Batteries.

Their cash back credit card is as good as it gets for a no-annual-fee card.

And there's this: https://www.instagram.com/costcodeals/
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Winco is great. My fav in the slc valley. They do a lot of meat cuts that lean towards the hispanic population and I liked that. Great prices, but.sadly nowhere in existence in northeast

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Winco is great. My fav in the slc valley. They do a lot of meat cuts that lean towards the hispanic population and I liked that. Great prices, but.sadly nowhere in existence in northeast
    Unless you're strictly a one-store shopper for groceries I have to recommend Rancho Market for the weird cuts of meats. They have shit in that store that I can't even fathom, and I grew up in a country where they served liver and tongue in the school cafeteria... I can also make 4 quarts of hot sauce and half left over hot peppers for a few weeks for around $3. Love that place.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5606.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	839.4 KB 
ID:	364571

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    dehydrated hash browns
    +1. These are surprisingly good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5606.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	839.4 KB 
ID:	364571
    'bout $37

I am a regular Costco shopper but the battery thing has me baffled.

We switched to Eneloop rechargeables and have saved a ton of money.

What do I want from Costco?

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I am a regular Costco shopper but the battery thing has me baffled.

We switched to Eneloop rechargeables and have saved a ton of money.
    I probably only go thru a half dozen AAs or AAAs a year. The only things I own that take disposable batteries are a calculator, a few flashlights, my beacon, and a few remotes. Hard to justify a Costco size pack or the cost of a rechargeable setup.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

American Waygu meat was fantastic. Looks like they stopped carrying it. Their salad kits are better and cheaper than the grocery, as is almost all their produce / fruit. Ditto on anything dairy; butter (esp Kerry Gold, yogurt, milk). Also any seasonings you use regularly along with olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil. Nuts, protein bars, and other snacks.

Also the raw panko breaded chicken is the best frozen breaded chicken I’ve ever had.

I'll be cutting up a prime strip loin from Costco tomorrow that I dry aged for 45 days.

Winco has awesome prices and their bulk, especially their spice section is unbeatable.

The things are k-cup equivalents and similarly horrible for the environs, but the ready-to-drink proteins are so easy.

Winco just opened in Bozeman. I will NOT be submitting a TR.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I had to google it, for I had no idea.

It's basically a hot pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It's basically a hot pocket.
    Well, yes and no. Giant gourmet hot pocket but made with actual dough and filled with real food product would be a much better description. Hot Pockets are made from sawdust and food paste
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I'll be cutting up a prime strip loin from Costco tomorrow that I dry aged for 45 days.
    Tell me more!