Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    You guys are buying 2 fucking pounds of this though????
    Yup.
    How long does it take to go through it?
    Probably about a month?
    It's half the price at Costco which is a huge savings but I don't need a 2 pound brick of snacking cheese in my fridge tempting me.
    You probably shouldn't buy it, then.

Mmmm... Manchego.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Picked up 2 awesome Pendleton fleece blankets today for $45. 1 king sized for the bed and a queen for the couch. Super plush.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I refuse to wear any pants that don't stretch, except for the rare occasions when I need to wear a suit.
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Famous Dave’s Sweet and Spicy Pickle Chips
    = Story checks out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I refuse to wear any pants that don't stretch, except for the rare occasions when I need to wear a suit.
    Don’t you listen to all the haters, you’re just big boned
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Thanks for this, I went to Harmons to try/buy some Manchego because of your post and didn't go to Costco for it because I didn't want to buy 2 pounds of it and not like it. (They didn't sell Iberico, oh well.) You guys are buying 2 fucking pounds of this though???? How long does it take to go through it? It's half the price at Costco which is a huge savings but I don't need a 2 pound brick of snacking cheese in my fridge tempting me.

And where is it at the 1700 s Costco? Somewhere else then the walk-in dairy section I guess?
    As skaredshtles said, 2 lbs works fine. Keep it in a ziploc in the fridge and it will stay as fresh as the day you bought it.
    I doubt the 2 lbs make it more than 2 weeks at Casa de Boissal but I admittedly have a major issue with self control around cheese.
    If I remember correctly the Manchego doesn't live in the main walk-in cooler at the 1700S store. Can't picture where I found it though. At the Murray store it's just outside of the egg/dairy area with other specialty cheeses. I just realized I have 2 unopened 2 lbs blocks in the fridge so it will be a while until I go back to the store for more and can confirm location.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    <snip> I have 2 unopened 2 lbs blocks in the fridge
    We could be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We could be friends.

You never know when they might discontinue that cheese. Before I run out I need to taper off or I'll get the shakes...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    You never know when they might discontinue that cheese. Before I run out I need to taper off or I'll get the shakes...
    Our Costco occasionally has Stilton blue. I crumble every time I see it. They used to have gorgonzola on occasion as well, and that also got me. And there's that other cheese. And the other one.

2 pounds of cheese in one month - less than an ounce a day!
    2 pounds of cheese in two weeks - just over 2 ounces a day!

I guess that's not bad - except you guys are like me with 4-6 other cheeses in their fridge at all times.

Speaking of cheese… the Costco feta block is good. Real deal, imported, in brine, etc….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

2 pounds of cheese in one month - less than an ounce a day!
    2 pounds of cheese in two weeks - just over 2 ounces a day!

I guess that's not bad - except you guys are like me with 4-6 other cheeses in their fridge at all times.
    The nice thing about good cheese is that most of it doesn't go bad in what I would consider a "short" timeframe. If it starts sporting a little mold... WGAF? Wipe that mold off and eat up!

The nice thing about good cheese is that most of it doesn't go bad in what I would consider a "short" timeframe. If it starts sporting a little mold... WGAF? Wipe that mold off and eat up!

That probably sounds crazy to most people, but I was in the cheese section of a more upscale grocery store one time and couldn’t find the aged cheddar they usually had. Asked the worker and she’s like “we should have the block in the back and I can cut you some”. Comes back out with a giant block of cheese completely covered in mold. Cuts the mold off, cuts a slab off, packages it up.

All good.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    That probably sounds crazy to most people, but I was in the cheese section of a more upscale grocery store one time and couldn’t find the aged cheddar they usually had. Asked the worker and she’s like “we should have the block in the back and I can cut you some”. Comes back out with a giant block of cheese completely covered in mold. Cuts the mold off, cuts a slab off, packages it up.

All good.
    Yep - I mean... let's face it - the cheese rind is generally a bunch of mold, anyways...

Mmmm... Manchego.
    Hope you guys are right about this cheese. Giving it a go...

It's great cheese but won't make my top ten or twenty. Very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Hope you guys are right about this cheese. Giving it a go...
    Makes real good grilled cheese... esp when combined with some jamon or prosciutto.

yeah, that's where I land on manchego.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This talk about cheese is not helping me.

Top 20 of all time or top 20 of the ones available at Costco/locally?
    If the latter, I need to know where you live as I'll be moving there shortly.

I Costco'd today.

Warrantied my Interstate battery dated 6/20. $12 got me a brand new one.

Was there during sample hour but I had just been to the dentist and my mouth and tongue were numb. Goddamnit.

Found these S'mores bites in the snack section. Fuckin good. I can hear myself getting fatter when I eat them.

Mrs. Vickie's Spicy Dill Pickle chips.

100% fruit bars for snacks for the kids....can't remember the brand but also super good.

On my way to becoming Violet Beauregarde. I've eaten bags of these over the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Found these S'mores bites in the snack section. Fuckin good. I can hear myself getting fatter when I eat them.
    Those things are so good. I told my wife not to buy them no matter how much we want them.

My Costco didn't have these, but did have Utz Grillo's dill pickle chips (Grillo's are the previously mentioned awesome pickles in a terrible, leaky container).

One of my favorite cheeses at Costco is Beecher's New Woman, but it seems to be seasonal (summer only). I suspect it's only available locally since Beecher's is a Seattle brand.
    https://beechershandmadecheese.com/p...new-woman-7-oz

Still kind of pissed about the pecan pralines that i used to get for $12 and now are $18+ on amazon. I reckon its for the best as there is a ton of sugar in those things.
    watch out for snakes

I Costco'd today.

Warrantied my Interstate battery dated 6/20. $12 got me a brand new one.

Was there during sample hour but I had just been to the dentist and my mouth and tongue were numb. Goddamnit.

100% fruit bars for snacks for the kids....can't remember the brand but also super good.
    Can't bring myself to do samples. COVID-19 sorta ruined that for me.