Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I don't know. I got my mortgage through their portal and ended up with a lower rate and WAY lower fees than I'd gotten through other avenues. The fee cap alone paid for my membership for many years (though you don't have to carry the membership through the mortgage). I've also had good luck with things like rental cars through their portal compared to Expedia like outlets (though with the recent rental car scarcity it hasn't been as useful).
    They allow one extra driver for free on rental cars. Most people just say F that and their spouse/SO drives even if they don't out them down on the rental agreement, but my wife is in insurance so everything has to be by the book. Quite the gestapo PITA about it sometimes too.

As far as savings, I always check there and then check expedia and other sites as a sanity check, and Costco is almost always cheaper. However, I was checking for an upcoming trip and found that was not the case as MB pointed out above.

autoslash.com will cure that car rental problem.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly. I'd think it's actually pretty *dumb* to be a Costco member if you're single...
    Nah, they sell condoms

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Srsly. I'd think it's actually pretty *dumb* to be a Costco member if you're single...
    1. Condoms
    2. Beer & Booze
    3. Gas
    4. Frozen meat
    5. Rx Meds
    6. Cheese-its

As a single person if you're not making your Costco membership back every year, are you even a maggot?
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Sig-Worthy
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'm an Executive Member. Every year I get a rebate coupon that's worth more than the cost of my membership, so technically they pay me to shop there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71+qd+if5VS._AC_SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	386279

Those 32 Degree t-shirts are pretty awesome.

Eyeglasses are a winner for me. $99 lenses for my bad prescription with astigmatism and all the coatings. Multiple $100s cheaper than anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    1. Condoms
    2. Beer & Booze
    3. Gas
    4. Frozen meat
    5. Rx Meds
    6. Cheese-its

As a single person if you're not making your Costco membership back every year, are you even a maggot?
    While I’m not single, I could definitely pay for the membership just with savings on booze, or meat. Shit, I’m pretty sure I pay for my costco membership just with Antica Formula Vermouth purchases. The 750ml bottle is like $45 at the liquor store and $25 at costco. I definitely buy 3 bottle of it a year.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    While I’m not single, I could definitely pay for the membership just with savings on booze, or meat. Shit, I’m pretty sure I pay for my costco membership just with Antica Formula Vermouth purchases. The 750ml bottle is like $45 at the liquor store and $25 at costco. I definitely buy 3 bottle of it a year.
    I just keep reusing the same bottle of vermouth to pass over the gin on it's way to a martini.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I just keep reusing the same bottle of vermouth to pass over the gin on it's way to a martini.
    Thats just cold Gin B.

No pizza today. That was a bummer.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Depending what state you are in, some require public access to the liquor store/pharmacy even for non-members. Liquor selection is better where that's not the case though!

The season is over, but I bought all my avocados @ Costco this summer and they were consistently awesome.

So pissed my closest Costco is like an hour away. I have caved to the local Sam's. They too have good things and their house brand is ok, but Costco reigns supreme. Mostly for all the shit mentioned here.

I miss the fresh crab leg sales at Costco. Produce seems same for both. Costco gets better electronics and some better high end shit Sam's customers just wouldn't buy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Another random thing I save a ton of money on is cherry tomatoes. My wife and son eat tons of them. Our grocery store sells them in a pound container for $5. Costco sells the same brand in 2 pound containers for $5.50 or $6. I get two containers per Costco trip and really probably cover my membership fee in tomatoes alone.

I feel bad about all the plastic from Costco. We buy the Raspberries. Thing#3 devours them. The two of us got caught on the interstate by a car fire and we devoured two of those double clamshells worth of berries. Plus we put a dent in the bag of mini Meat Sticks.

Got yet another box of crappy fruit from Costco. I think I’ve learned my lesson.. I used to get great organic apples and white nectarines.

They are starting to get more Japanese whisky in but I can’t really drink much and if I have it it’s gone in a weekend.

I have a large pantry so shopping at Costco as a single person for sure has it's benefits, even with the rising prices I still find value, and it saves me mucho time from shopping at the local shitty market that's infested with covidiots from other states and is frequently out of stuff. The steaks and meats I cut into single portions and freeze, the bulk cheddar I grate and freeze, Dave's bread, tortillas, same thing.

Plus I can't live without their organic blue agave.

A bunch of $29 arbor vitae and a husqvarna electric pressure washer this morning. Fall yard work schedule filling up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Another random thing I save a ton of money on is cherry tomatoes. My wife and son eat tons of them. Our grocery store sells them in a pound container for $5. Costco sells the same brand in 2 pound containers for $5.50 or $6. I get two containers per Costco trip and really probably cover my membership fee in tomatoes alone.
    Those multi-color cherry tomatoes are delicious.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Saw Kirkland brand blue jeans for $9.97 today.

There's some secret code to the last two digits, .97 vs. .99 vs. whole dollar amounts. I hope .97 does not mean being discontinued, I've worn Kirkland jeans for the past 20+ years. Usually good fit, every so often not so good, but for $10 a good deal. They're made in Madagascar, in case you're selective as to which overseas country houses the sweat shop that makes your clothes.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    They're made in Madagascar, in case you're selective as to which overseas country houses the sweat shop that makes your clothes.
    I'll wear clothes made using slave labor, but lemur slave labor is a bridge too far for me.

I just made some chicken tikka masala with a jar I bought at costco. Pretty decent.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

.97 is usually discontinued. But in that case could be last of this season for that warehouse or something like that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk