Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1453
    pesto bbump

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1682094514.288706.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	456529

This shit is awesome although the big bag doesn’t last long. Even with just 2 people in the house.

What do I want from Costco?

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Flounder; 04-21-2023 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Duplicate post thanks to POS app.

Got these Wednesday, pretty damn good. Actually a little too sweet, in a way, which is good because I only eat a handful or two at a time.

Name:  38EB58D8-16B3-49A7-A1D6-32728F19A64D.jpeg
Views: 675
Size:  117.9 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Name:	Image1682094514.288706.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	456529

This shit is awesome although the big bag doesn’t last long. Even with just 2 people in the house.
    I dunno. I devour it if I come across it. But I'm not sure I like it. I don't buy it. I think it's sprayed something that makes you eat it until it's gone.

Two-packs of Truff
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Seriously, you have problems spending $75 at Costco? It’s usually at least $200 when I check out.
    I’m not talking about spending money on just anything. That would be too easy. I don’t have a local Costco. But I still get a few things online, because it’s that good.

Name:	Image1682174035.620498.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	613.7 KB 
ID:	456612
    For specific items from this category, I need to spend $75 to get free shipping. I can’t just add it on with the 10x8 area rug that inexplicably ships for free.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

I don't need to tell you this but if you're having to add items to get free shipping you're probablty going to spend more trying to spend less. I'm guilty of this every Costco trip....just pop in for the three items I need that are cheaper there. Walk out with $200 worth of stuff.

So if it saves me a store visit that's like $200 I'd save by spending $75. I am on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I don't need to tell you this but if you're having to add items to get free shipping you're probablty going to spend more trying to spend less. I'm guilty of this every Costco trip....just pop in for the three items I need that are cheaper there. Walk out with $200 worth of stuff.
    Most of this is driven by the Wide Charmin which I haven’t been able to find anywhere else. Obviously the product fits waaay in to the First World Problems realm. I usually end up getting massive COVID Stockpile quantities of TP.
    I’m still eager to buy plenty of fun shit I don’t need, which is why I still troll this thread.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I’m not talking about spending money on just anything. That would be too easy. I don’t have a local Costco. But I still get a few things online, because it’s that good.

Name:	Image1682174035.620498.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	613.7 KB 
ID:	456612
    For specific items from this category, I need to spend $75 to get free shipping. I can’t just add it on with the 10x8 area rug that inexplicably ships for free.

An interesting challenge, and one I should probably be doing myself, since my nearest Costco is now about an hour away.

Still, I can’t imagine it would be hard to put together a $75 order in that category. 8 bags of Catalina Crunch should do it. Or maybe just a couple bags of pine nuts.

The Costco wild Alaskan salmon has been a favorite in our house for a while, but my wife smoked one recently and Holy shit it's good

Got some dirt cheap and seemingly good pants and shorts this last week.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    The Costco wild Alaskan salmon has been a favorite in our house for a while, but my wife smoked one recently and Holy shit it's good
    We've been using the farm raised salmon for years. Recently switched to the wild salmon with skin. Either it needs cooking differently, or it just tastes dramatically different. It doesn't seem to hold the flavor of whatever it is being seasoned with. When using the same recipe, the flavor results are bland.

Are we imagining this?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Got some dirt cheap and seemingly good pants and shorts this last week.
    Things we never would have said 20 years ago

Not terrible for 13 bucks

Name:	IMG_9829.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	458431

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    <snip> my wife smoked one recently and Holy shit it's good
    How did you find a Zig Zag big enough to roll it?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    How did you find a Zig Zag big enough to roll it?
    Club Cabaret.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    We've been using the farm raised salmon for years. Recently switched to the wild salmon with skin. Either it needs cooking differently, or it just tastes dramatically different. It doesn't seem to hold the flavor of whatever it is being seasoned with. When using the same recipe, the flavor results are bland.

Are we imagining this?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    You sure it wasn't steelhead? That is wild caught and usually has the skin attached. Different taste and texture than the farmed Atlantic salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You sure it wasn't steelhead? That is wild caught and usually has the skin attached. Different taste and texture than the farmed Atlantic salmon.
    Steelhead is very frequently farmed and much more rarely caught in the wild. In the PNW it's pretty common to see "Columbia River Steelhead"which is farmed on the Columbia in Rufus Woods reservoir above Chief Joseph dam.

800 watt Dehydrator looks nice.

May add one to the quiver.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Steelhead is very frequently farmed and much more rarely caught in the wild. In the PNW it's pretty common to see "Columbia River Steelhead"which is farmed on the Columbia in Rufus Woods reservoir above Chief Joseph dam.
    Interesting. At our Costco in Montana it is labeled wild caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Either it needs cooking differently, or it just tastes dramatically different.
    Yes.

Think pampered well-marbled beef vs. venison.

Dan, per usual, is right on the money, but I would say Veal vs Elk. Wild Caught is great on the grill or the smoker and doesnt need much more than rub.

farmed salmon is mushy and bland to me, maybe its the food coloring they inject it with.....

Lumpy's rants put me off farmed salmon for life

Fish I would imagine is regional. In my Seattle Costco these days we have the farmed atlantic, wild sockeye as well as wild steelhead. I buy the sockeye but prefer coho for salmon.

We had some black cod in last time and it was outstanding- and only $8.99 a pound for filets. I wish I bought it all.