Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Man, some of you guys getting *years* from a pair of socks!? I have a haglund's deformity that will wear through leather boots in less time.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Man, some of you guys getting *years* from a pair of socks!? I have a haglund's deformity that will wear through leather boots in less time.
    Heh. I got those too - destroys shoes (though my current blundstones have held up well). Somehow the KS socks held out for a long time but did finally wear through spectacularly.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    What I don't want from Costco anymore is ... the bulk packs of Duracell batteries, AA, AAA, and 9V. Even when they're on sale with a $2 off deal.

I returned some because I saw an equivalent for a lot less (Wegmans, bulk packs).

That may be the first or second time in 25 years I ever returned something to Costco because of price.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Full prime brisket, 4.39 /lb.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    What I don't want from Costco anymore is ... the bulk packs of Duracell batteries, AA, AAA, and 9V. Even when they're on sale with a $2 off deal.

I returned some because I saw an equivalent for a lot less (Wegmans, bulk packs).

That may be the first or second time in 25 years I ever returned something to Costco because of price.
    Buy the Kirkland batteries, they are made by Duracell.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Buy the Kirkland batteries, they are made by Duracell.
    Maybe, on early Monday morning, before the machines are warmed up.
    All I see are higher failure rates than Branded units.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Maybe, on early Monday morning, before the machines are warmed up.
    All I see are higher failure rates than Branded units.
    There's at least one other thread on TRG with complaints about recent vintage Kirkland batteries.

Yup I have had about 50% of those batteries leak once installed in various devices, some of which were ruined. This has happened with Duracells from Costco too but not as often. Might go with Lithium rechargeables instead, they last fairly long and don't leak.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Agree, have had bad experiences with both Duracell from Costco and Kirkland brand. I'm fed up with the leakage, especially in hard to clean small spaces.

I have a brass bristle wire brush the size of a tooth brush all I use it for is to clean the contacts where batteries leak. Highly unusual for Costco, they usually have high quality stuff.

Wegmans branded bulk packs look like they are made by Ray-O-Vac, gonna go with them.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

I read not long ago that production of most batteries shifted between countries a few years back, leading to QA issues. Don't recall if that move was to China from somewhere else, or from China to another low cost country. Regardless, the point was that name brand batteries that used to be reliable no longer are due to changes in materials or manufacturing methods. Instead, go for higher end offerings that are still manufactured to better standards.

Matteos salsa for the win

My Costco has been selling sushi for the last couple months and I tried it today. If I'd paid $40 at a sushi restaurant I would have been disappointed, but for $15 it was pretty good. Curious if others have tried their sushi and/or how many Costcos are even carrying it.

I've seen sushi at my local store in SD. Haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My Costco has been selling sushi for the last couple months and I tried it today. If I'd paid $40 at a sushi restaurant I would have been disappointed, but for $15 it was pretty good. Curious if others have tried their sushi and/or how many Costcos are even carrying it.
    I think the Costco sushi experience is influenced by how popular it is at that particular Costco (faster turnover) but I enjoy picking up their trays.

I sometimes confuse quantity with quality though...

I'll take my local Hannaford supermarket sushi over sushi from our Costco every single day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    I think the Costco sushi experience is influenced by how popular it is at that particular Costco (faster turnover) but I enjoy picking up their trays.

I sometimes confuse quantity with quality though...
    Same. My primary reason for buying it is it looked like an actual meal, whereas the typical grocery store sushi is usually about half of what you'd actually want to eat in a sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Same. My primary reason for buying it is it looked like an actual meal, whereas the typical grocery store sushi is usually about half of what you'd actually want to eat in a sitting.
    Yup. The rice doesn't taste too old and the fish doesn't have that fishiness that develops from sitting around too long.

Decent, if not broad, variety of nigiri and simple uramaki. The more Americanized rolls aren't overly drenched in sauce either, which is appreciated.

It won't compare against freshly prepared sashimi by a master chef obviously, but I definitely spent more money on worse quality sushi

Anyone using Paradox brand 'merino' base layers and have any thoughts? Bought some today thinking damn what a steal for merino, only to realize once I got home they are only 11% merino..

It's about to get really cold on the weekend and when ever it does I am really happy I bought the flannel lined cargo pants from Costco
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Anyone using Paradox brand 'merino' base layers and have any thoughts? Bought some today thinking damn what a steal for merino, only to realize once I got home they are only 11% merino..
    I have a a paradox 1/4 zip from like 2010 so that other 89% is pretty durable. I use it for a running/biking shirt more than a winter baselayer. Wouldn't replace actual merino with their stuff, but it has a role

Lately, 18 oz containers of fantastically good blueberries have been $3.

Totally out of eggs in LakeHood.
    Apocalyptic, I say.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    It's about to get really cold on the weekend and when ever it does I am really happy I bought the flannel lined cargo pants from Costco
    Not sure if you're talking about the Gerry insulated pants. Nice and warm and those things are so soft they are more comfy then sweat pants. Love those things and am looking for other colors than the khaki that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Totally out of eggs in LakeHood.
    Apocalyptic, I say.
    Damn. I was in mine a week ago and they a) weren’t selling my usual 5 dozen carton and b) had a 2 per customer limit on the others. It’s the end of days.

This has probably been said many times already, but I love getting us those 3lb bags of San Francisco Bay for $15. Good roast on them, and they grind well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums