Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Dominos is in a special category. I think legally they have to call it pizza food.

Double deuce packs of Cholula

Locally roasted coffee

The super thick uncured bacon

Frozen cherries and strawberries

Our store used to carry Jones breakfast sausage. They were thin, frozen patties that were tasty and quick. They replaced them with some Kirkland brand that probably would have been pretty good if we hadn't gotten hooked on the Jones.
    So .... you’re jonesin?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    You’ve got it wrong. (Hypothetically) Nothing makes her ass look fat....

Her fat ass makes her ass look fat
    its her fork that makes her ass look fat
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Is this a joke?
    its not a joke if you are obese
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Dominos is in a special category. I think legally they have to call it pizza food.

Double deuce packs of Cholula

Locally roasted coffee

The super thick uncured bacon

Frozen cherries and strawberries

Our store used to carry Jones breakfast sausage. They were thin, frozen patties that were tasty and quick. They replaced them with some Kirkland brand that probably would have been pretty good if we hadn't gotten hooked on the Jones.
    Ya, my family is pissed about the sausage.

I like the Atlantic salmon. A 2.5 pound fillet makes two great meals for the family. Or one meal and I put the other half in the smoker and make awesome smoked fish. Say what you want about farm-raised fish but that Atlantic salmon is as good as you're going to get in Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    bagtagley's post reminded me of other stuff:

dried fruit - big bags of dried cherries, blueberries, and sometimes strawberries - very well priced and "human-sized" quantities, unlike most grocery stores
    Home mixed trail mix from the unsalted mixed fancy nuts, almonds, raisins, dried mango, dried apple, dried apricots and chocolate chips. Last almost an entire week.

Smoked salmon for sure.

Went to the new Winco. Just opened so it was a scouting mission, pretty busy but the prices did look good.

Don't know about what impact it will have on Costco but the local Albertsons is fucked.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Me and the guys from work used to go to the Costco for lunch, pre covid, 5 bucks gets you lunch and a show. A dog a slice and a soda and Fridays at the Lehi store its a train of hot moms in yogapants. You gotta keep the glass half full

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Winco fan here, they are half the price of Safeway/Kroger and the bulk section rules.

Costco fan, too, but they have the nice stuff for parties and cool trips. Cheese, wine, fruit, nuts. PESTO

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Don't know about what impact it will have on Costco but the local Albertsons is fucked.
    I thought the same when Winco opened here but Albertsons still seems to be doing fine. I shopped Winco a couple times but ultimately stuck with Albertsons. It's smaller and easier to navigate.

Spent 1200 there today on my biannual trip. Some good tips in here...

Always find some things I don't need.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I thought the same when Winco opened here but Albertsons still seems to be doing fine. I shopped Winco a couple times but ultimately stuck with Albertsons. It's smaller and easier to navigate.
    Same. We made one visit and stuck with Safeway. I would go back for beer and ice for a party, but not for daily shopping.

Only plan to shop there after 10 PM. It was kinda busy.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

No WinCo here. I'm on the Left Coast of New England. I still have no idea why we have a Costco. Maybe when they were dumping them all over Quebec one got loose?

The discount German supermarkets Aldi and Lidl seem to be popping up everywhere now around here.

It's neat, now I can stop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Kroger, Publix, Costco, Aldi and Lidl and still not get everything I need in one place.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The discount German supermarkets Aldi and Lidl seem to be popping up everywhere now around here.

It's neat, now I can stop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Kroger, Publix, Costco, Aldi and Lidl and still not get everything I need in one place.
    Heh. Right?

Aldi >>>>> Lidl from my experiences in Europe. No idea how it is translating over here.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Lehi store its a train of hot moms in yogapants. You gotta keep the glass half full
    But it’s still Lehi

I'm the only one in my family who likes these. Good protein.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Aldi >>>>> Lidl from my experiences in Europe. No idea how it is translating over here.
    I shopped at Aldi twice and wasn't impressed: pay money for a cart, cheese with mold on it, wilted vegetables and stabilized baked goods from sketchy places. I can easily get wilted vegetables and moldy cheese from the back of my refrigerator.

But moldy cheese is the BEST cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    But it’s still Lehi
    Used to work in Lehi. Lehi is no Ogden thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I shopped at Aldi twice and wasn't impressed: pay money for a cart, cheese with mold on it, wilted vegetables and stabilized baked goods from sketchy places. I can easily get wilted vegetables and moldy cheese from the back of my refrigerator.
    I LIKE the idea of a deposit (you get your money back...) for a cart. That's one idea we need to adopt. I've never been to an Aldi or a Lidl in the US. I've been to both in Germany and Aldi in Spain. The Lidl near my sister's house looked likes it had been ransacked by a baboon orgy in which all of the participants were also in the midst of divorcing each other. Angry sex. The place was a mess and very out of place in Germany. My sister skips both and shops at any of a few Edeka stores across town. Edeka is pretty nice. Even though I could walk to the Lidl, it really didn't have anything I wanted, which was sad.

Thanks for ideas all.
    We already knew the standards, all dog beds are Kirkland, etc
    Almonds and cheese ordered for todays trip and if they have Fever tree? Giddyup

Now as to

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Kids parties are for kids only from about 1st grade onward.

Depends on parents, if i know they are putting out beers and decent food ( couple of local dads are skilled with the smoker) I am staying.

Plus after the last year, I look forward to a kids party, ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Plus after the last year, I look forward to a kids party, ffs
    A true milf hunter.

Leaving the checkout line, Mrs. L2S saw the $300 bill and says "WTF, we hardly got anything" to which I replied "look at all the booze" and the checker/baggers cracked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.