Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Can't bring myself to do samples. COVID-19 sorta ruined that for me.
    Your loss. I'll eat your share

For those concerned about finishing the monster blocks of cheese from Costco before they go bad, grab a food saver vacuum sealer when you grab the cheese. Works great. We cut up the blocks into manageable sizes and seal the rest. Not sure if many/all Costcos carry Cabot cheese but we always have blocks of cheddar, pepper jack, and Mad River Reserve which is a cheddar/parm combo.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Can't bring myself to do samples. COVID-19 sorta ruined that for me.
    Even though covid isn't transmitted through food samples?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Costco Fear is a hellva drug
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yup. Knowing full well.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Your loss. I'll eat your share
    I think that is the mentality of about 33% of the shoppers there.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    There's a lot of things that I could buy at Costco but don't, because I don't need an insane amount. Raisins are a great example. Much cheaper at Costco. But then I eat way too much. And of course, cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    what if snot nosed infected Jonny sneezed on them?

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Yep, and it seems like the ones who monopolize the sample tables also have no qualms about getting in your way and/or just leaving their carts wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    what if snot nosed infected Jonny sneezed on them?
    well, I still have not seen anything about covid being transferred by surface infection, though I'm just a dentist. In any event, Jonny sneezing on food and that food being handed to other people has always been a food safety concern and isn't something that covid changed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Not a Costco within 100 miles of me, but this is a great thread.

I always keep my eyes open for Grillos dill pickles when I head to BJs, but never came across them.

On Monday I ran into a Market 32 (fancy price chopper) to grab Pitas, which were located next to the olive bar, which happened to be located next to a display of fancy pickles. My eye was drawn to the display, and there they were - the fabled Grillos dill pickles!

Today I opened up the often and aptly discussed container of pickles, and proceeded to spill a fall inch of pickle juice from the plastic container on the counter despite this threads discussion of the shortcomings of Grillos packaging design.

Grillos are better than described - probably my very favorite dill pickles I've ever had. So, thanks for the Grillos suggestion.

While the container has been open less than 12 hours, I've closed it 3 times and think I've figured out the lid design. It is both ingenious and comical and requires a ridiculous amount of pressure to seat its entire circumference - but once it is completely seated - it's not coming off unless you drop the container!

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

You can order online from the Costco and get it delivered.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Not a Costco within 100 miles of me, but this is a great thread.

I always keep my eyes open for Grillos dill pickles when I head to BJs, but never came across them.

On Monday I ran into a Market 32 (fancy price chopper) to grab Pitas, which were located next to the olive bar, which happened to be located next to a display of fancy pickles. My eye was drawn to the display, and there they were - the fabled Grillos dill pickles!

Today I opened up the often and aptly discussed container of pickles, and proceeded to spill a fall inch of pickle juice from the plastic container on the counter despite this threads discussion of the shortcomings of Grillos packaging design.

Grillos are better than described - probably my very favorite dill pickles I've ever had. So, thanks for the Grillos suggestion.

While the container has been open less than 12 hours, I've closed it 3 times and think I've figured out the lid design. It is both ingenious and comical and requires a ridiculous amount of pressure to seat its entire circumference - but once it is completely seated - it's not coming off unless you drop the container!
    Grillos also has a spicy version - even better than the regular dill IMO. Scored a couple containers of Grillos on closeout last week, a highlight of the grocery trip.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    It's great cheese but won't make my top ten or twenty. Very good though.
    Agree, its good but not sure it makes my top 10. Thankfully, wifey like it.

Has anyone mentioned the $15 32F 'softshell' jackets with the standup collar? Pretty close to a breathable running jacket. Needs a hood, but wth. Cut a little oversized for layers or golfers, try on or size down if you wear Euro/running sizes.
    What caught my eye was the 4-way fabric looks very much like the Schoeller 3x Dry material that Mammut used to use.

Hmmmm, I need a cheap mtn biking jacket for the shoulder seasons.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Top 20 of all time or top 20 of the ones available at Costco/locally?
    If the latter, I need to know where you live as I'll be moving there shortly.
    Doesn't really matter - all I need to know is that it's a great cheese.

Besides - trying to make cheese comparisons/rankings is a fool's errand. There really are probably only about 4 rankings for cheese:

* I wouldn't feed this shit to my dog
    * This cheese is OK
    * This cheese is great
    * This cheese is fucking OUTSTANDING

This also goes for wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Grillos also has a spicy version - even better than the regular dill IMO. Scored a couple containers of Grillos on closeout last week, a highlight of the grocery trip.
    Agree on the spicy Grillos. Better than the originals but have become hard to find in my area. A couple places still have the original dill spears but the spicy chips (slices) are the best.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Doesn't really matter - all I need to know is that it's a great cheese.

Besides - trying to make cheese comparisons/rankings is a fool's errand. There really are probably only about 4 rankings for cheese:

* I wouldn't feed this shit to my dog
    * This cheese is OK
    * This cheese is great
    * This cheese is fucking OUTSTANDING

This also goes for wine.
    [/End cheese discussion].
    This man gets it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

This is the only thing I have room for from Costco. I just go in the exit with my film camera and an appetite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stay.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	447179

Kinda wanted to follow up from my last post in this thread.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Noosa yogurt 12-packs are on sale this month, so I bought some last time I was in. Every one I've had has been really soupy with small chunks of yogurt swimming in the liquid. I think I must have gotten a bad batch. Anyone else have a similar experience? I usually love Noosa yogurt.

Not a big fan of the Costco hot dogs. The actual dog is ok, but their buns are vile.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Noosa yogurt 12-packs are on sale this month, so I bought some last time I was in. Every one I've had has been really soupy with small chunks of yogurt swimming in the liquid. I think I must have gotten a bad batch. Anyone else have a similar experience? I usually love Noosa yogurt.
    we bought 2 packs. I believe that I must reward costco any time they offer a full-fat greek yogurt.

non-fat dairy is fucking pointless

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Mine are all good. What’s the date on yours? I had to dig to find a later March expire. Noosa does go bad but as long as it’s not moldy all good