Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Maybe it was mentioned before, but another reason that I like buying from Costco is that does a much better job than other major retailers of supporting its workers (though maybe not contractors, XXX-er). Pays well, gives good benefits, allows advancement from within, isn't open on major holidays, gave raises to workers during the pandemic, etc.. So while I save money on a lot of things that I mentioned earlier, I also just prefer to buy there if price is close over Wal Mart/Target/other Big Boxes/Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Pizza and tires
    That is not Pizza.

What do I want from Costco?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    That is not Pizza.
    Yes it fucking is.

After Christmas is the best time to stock up on meat. Whole pork loin was $8 off, I bought 3 for about $25.

I eat entirely too much of this:

Name:  large_3ed00be5-3637-4992-a214-49eb74383b64.jpeg
Views: 996
Size:  75.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Maybe it was mentioned before, but another reason that I like buying from Costco is that does a much better job than other major retailers of supporting its workers (though maybe not contractors, XXX-er). Pays well, gives good benefits, allows advancement from within, isn't open on major holidays, gave raises to workers during the pandemic, etc.. So while I save money on a lot of things that I mentioned earlier, I also just prefer to buy there if price is close over Wal Mart/Target/other Big Boxes/Amazon.
    they actualy do pay their people really well

got into a beef 1990 ish cuz the retailers were searching HW techs as a matter of policy for no reason other than they thot they could but its against british/ canadian law. I was working like a dog for these assholes so after 3 different retail outfits did it in one week I got pissed off and said NO, so I get called to the carpet at IBM where I told em i got fucking pissed off with this shit cuz it was against the law .

so our people and their people talked for about a week, i imagine high priced lawyers looking at precedents in law yadafucking yada , what do we do with this guy, we could fire him but he's right which means we open our selves up to ???

Somewhere in the middle of it my manger said not to worry this has no bearing on your employment (i was hired under total employment ) to which i thot ya whatever man so why are you mentioning it ?

a week later the boss calls me in and while i am lounging on his chair with my best fuck-you body language sez in an anti climacti voice " well you are right "

" yeah I know i'm right " sez I

"but do you want to do business ?"

" I want respect " was all i said

ever since there is a sign on canadian costco sayin "costco reserves the right to search your bags" if you enter or sft like that BUT they are given the right by you entering ... they don't get to take it

sometime after that the boss who i actluay liked told me i obviously do enough work but i should relax cuz i scare some of the other managers
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A bag of maseca costs maybe a dollar. That's like 10000 tortillas.
    DIY corn tortillas are great. I'm talking about the par baked flour ones though. Clutch for quesadillas or burritos

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    My cousin started stocking shelves during college. Now he regularly bounces between Italy, Argentina and California for his responsibilities as a liquor and wine buyer. You've gotta appreciate a place that recognizes and rewards their homegrown talent.

That is not Pizza.
    Largest pizza restaurant on the planet by location and volume

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

Did not know that. Kind of awesome. It's not Napoli pizza, but for "American style" pizza you can do much, much worse.

I know I saw it very early but it's the $1.50 dog with soda, well since I'm fatnslow I'll take 2 and take a two hour nap in my car.

Ok, am I the only one who hates Costco hot dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I know I saw it very early but it's the $1.50 dog with soda, well since I'm fatnslow I'll take 2 and take a two hour nap in my car.
    And you may be hungry when you get up and the pizza is right there so you might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    And you may be hungry when you get up and the pizza is right there so you might as well.
    That's an idea worth executing.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ok, am I the only one who hates Costco hot dogs?
    I don’t hate them but I definitely don’t go out of my way to eat one.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah. Doesn’t make it any good. It is fucking dough with sugar on top and some fat. Disgusting.

The original Costco is the one I shop at. The hotdog originated from a more legit hotdog cart and a cooler of soda cans off to the side of the entrance. This was 30+ years ago. The hotdog was the hook for my mom to get me to go along with her as a kid. Costco’s food service has come along way and a dog still costs the same $1.50 wtf
    That ahi poke gets me to make the effort, even for very few items.

Yeah. Doesn’t make it any good. It is fucking dough with sugar on top and some fat. Disgusting.
    That's what pizza is, dough, sauce and some fat (either protein or cheese). And Costco sauce IMO isn't that sweet

But I hear what you're saying, it's more in the Dominos and Pizza Hut league

Home Despot, which I avoid as much as I can, has good hotdogs. Those Hebrew National ARE worth going out of the way for.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Home Despot, which I avoid as much as I can, has good hotdogs. Those Hebrew National ARE worth going out of the way for.
    pretty much the only hotdog we eat in my house...though we will go in for the Hoffmans when we are at the right grocery...the hoffmans are other worldly, but I grew up eating them at Heids in liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    That's what pizza is, dough, sauce and some fat (either protein or cheese). And Costco sauce IMO isn't that sweet

But I hear what you're saying, it's more in the Dominos and Pizza Hut league
    Yep, its not in the league with home made dough and sauce but fills the hole in your belly. The frozen Kirkland Cheese Pizzas make a decent pie if you add a bunch of toppings and are fairly healthy (when compared with most frozen pizzas) and last week a pack of 4 was about 6 bucks.

Their Dogs are OK, I liked the Polish Sausages (RIP). The hot Turkey and Provolone sammys are damn good.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The price difference on car batteries is enough to cover the annual fee.
    Autozone $170
    Costco $79

It's $1.99 for a slice that will stop the kids from bitching during the entire the grocery run. That doesn't make it good, that makes it amazing. And for kids parties, two 18" pizzas, a sheet cake, and a gallon of ice cream and I'm a birthday hero that just fed 30 kids for $40 out the door and nearly zero effort. You can't get a XL gourmet fancy pants pizza for that price. Apples and oranges my friend.

And my C still has the polish dogs, but the real question is Turkey Prov sandwich vs. Chicken Bake.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Speaking of Hot Dogs, the Teton Waters are some of the best dogs I've eaten. Better than most of the typical store-bought stuff. IMO, of course.

If you're not into decent, cheap, convenient pizza, you could always get a Molinaro's pizza kit and a sack of mozzarella and cook that bitch on your engine while you sleep off your hot dog coma.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

It's $1.99 for a slice that will stop the kids from bitching during the entire the grocery run. That doesn't make it good, that makes it amazing. And for kids parties, two 18" pizzas, a sheet cake, and a gallon of ice cream and I'm a birthday hero that just fed 30 kids for $40 out the door and nearly zero effort. You can't get a XL gourmet fancy pants pizza for that price. Apples and oranges my friend.

And my C still has the polish dogs, but the real question is Turkey Prov sandwich vs. Chicken Bake.
    Chicken Bakes were a staple on hungover weekends in College. Peruse the store and have a nice app plate of free samples, then Chicken bake for main course. So greasy and so good.

One of the most disappointing purchases from Costco was the Frozen pack of Chicken Bakes. Not even close to the same quality product that you get from the concession!

Quote Originally Posted by CovertM View Post
    Chicken Bakes were a staple on hungover weekends in College. Peruse the store and have a nice app plate of free samples, then Chicken bake for main course. So greasy and so good.
    When I used to work near the Colchester VT Costco (that was 20 years ago, wow time flies), a typical lunch was exactly that. A quick tour of the appetizers/free samples, then a chicken bake. Filling lunch for under $3!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy