Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Blue Hill smoked whitefish
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I've never actually set foot in a Costco. There I said it. It's not like I wouldn't ever, I just haven't.

I hear they're big?

edit: 47 miles, I guess it's not gonna be soon.
    Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IMO all the extra $$$$ you are gona spend will negate the deals i don't have a memeber ship and I never find much i want in there anyhow

used to be a contracter, they tried to search me and i said no cuz according to british law, you can't search people at random,

thats why you now see the sign saying they reserve the right to search you
    My annual reward check says you’re wrong. Also, never been searched. That’s weird.

Back on topic, their balsamic vinegar is legitimately really good and dirt cheap.

The worst is when stuff you depend on disappears. #bringbackdarkchocolatesaltedalmonds
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Notice how much easier it is to navigate now that the free samples booths have been reduced?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Notice how much easier it is to navigate now that the free samples booths have been reduced?
    Yup. However, i miss being able to cobble a together a light meal. But, I hope it never comes back. I shudder at the thought of that vector, victor.

[QUOTE=bagtagley;6242382]My annual reward check says you’re wrong. Also, never been searched. That’s weird./QUOTE]

user has to pay for membership to shop at Costco, you gotta buy a lot of shit hopefully at a discount which must make up that membership cost, i never found much of a saving over the local food stores to be honest
    even when it wasnt 4 hrs away the amounts they want to sell you things in are not worth it for 1 person

so in other words user has to spend a LOT of money to maybe save money, my take is its way cheaper not spending all that money SO I still have all my money cuz i am not the model costco consumer heaping shit into the f-150 till its level with the top of the bed

you probably were never a contracter in Canada, in any case it wasnt just them it was a number of companies thinking they could break the law and fuck with their contracters
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-21-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yup. However, i miss being able to cobble a together a light meal. But, I hope it never comes back. I shudder at the thought of that vector, victor.
    My wife refers to that as white trash dim sum.

I've never actually set foot in a Costco. There I said it. It's not like I wouldn't ever, I just haven't.

I hear they're big?

First one I was in was in Missoula, Montana on a bike trip. Invaluable resource to feed eight hungry cyclists every night. Or, the occasional party.

I have one about ten miles away, so, I'm not passing the five supermarkets along the way to get to those awesome 5 dollar roasted chickens. I don't need a new flatscreen, no room on the counter for a new appliance (although an air fryer beckons), and, I live in an apartment. Be kinda cool to have a five pound bag of pistachios around, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    My wife refers to that as white trash dim sum.
    I resemble that comment. I suppose she wouldn't like to join me for some Kirkland Chateau de Cardboard out of plastic cups in the parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I resemble that comment. I suppose she wouldn't like to join me for some Kirkland Chateau de Cardboard out of plastic cups in the parking lot?
    I work 0.5mile from the Kirkland, WA costco, and live about 4 miles from another one. I have a fruit smoothie 6/7 days s week so bulk bags of frozen fruit are clutch. Dog food, dog flea meds, bone broth, rice, kelly gold butter, canned chili, bacon, quinoa, organic extravirgin olive oil, and mixed nuts are my staples. I don't EVER venture to the middle of the store- that's where you get suckered into buying shit you don't need.

Forgot to mention the ground Bison I don't even buy cow anymore.

Grillos pickles get transferred to a large Mason jar, fuck that container and pickle juice going everywhere trying to snap it into place.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Fresh off a morning visit.

Kirkland paper towels seem to be superior in every way to anything I’ve used on the market.

Almond butter - no contest

Jumbo lump crab @ 30 bux it ain’t Maryland but it’s a great and very reasonable sub.

24 pack of spindrift @11.99? Cmon man

I like to refer to the roasted chickens as a “ national treasure “

But that’s just me I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

[QUOTE=XXX-er;6242463]
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    My annual reward check says you’re wrong. Also, never been searched. That’s weird./QUOTE]

user has to pay for membership to shop at Costco, you gotta buy a lot of shit hopefully at a discount which must make up that membership cost, i never found much of a saving over the local food stores to be honest
    even when it wasnt 4 hrs away the amounts they want to sell you things in are not worth it for 1 person

so in other words user has to spend a LOT of money to maybe save money, my take is its way cheaper not spending all that money SO I still have all my money cuz i am not the model costco consumer heaping shit into the f-150 till its level with the top of the bed

you probably were never a contracter in Canada, in any case it wasnt just them it was a number of companies thinking they could break the law and fuck with their contracters
    For us the biggest savings come in the form of nuts (walnuts and almonds mostly), oils, and frozen fruit. I probably wouldn't drink smoothies every morning if I had to pay grocery store prices for nuts and frozen fruit. Or maybe I would and it would be a lot more expensive. The little cherry tomatoes are also very well priced compared to the half sized version at the super market (~$6 for 2lbs vs $5 for 1lb), but we don't end up with as much savings on them as we only go to Costco once in a while and you can't stock up on those. Same with flour. WAY cheaper, but maybe $10-15 in savings a year as we don't buy it that often. Every so often I probably buy something that I don't need, but it's almost all consumables - food, paper products, etc. so even if we could get away with less in the short term, it's not as if we're going to have the toilet paper go stale on us. When my son was still in diapers, we bought/saved even more compared to other local options.

The biggest thing that Costco ever saved us money on was our mortgage. Having gotten some quotes elsewhere and started the process with the lowest, we went through Costco's portal and got lower quotes, which we then lowered even further by playing the different Costco portal offers off one another. Costco also caps fees for participants and that alone was enough of a difference to pay for our membership for years.

Edit: Also another vote for the merino socks. They're basically all I wear. They don't last as long as Darn Tough, but they're much cheaper, I really like the feel, and they get less stinky than any other brand I've tried (save maybe Icebreaker).

Edit2: My local store now has Alesmith samplers for like $20. That's a great deal on good beer.

The kirkland bag of bacon bits is a great feed bag for a day of touring

[QUOTE=MarcusBrody;6242729]
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

The biggest thing that Costco ever saved us money on was our mortgage. Having gotten some quotes elsewhere and started the process with the lowest, we went through Costco's portal and got lower quotes, which we then lowered even further by playing the different Costco portal offers off one another. Costco also caps fees for participants and that alone was enough of a difference to pay for our membership for years.
    Don't have that up here most people get a mortgage at one of 5 large class A banks

but it almost sounds like it would be worth being in America
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-21-2021 at 04:27 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7184.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	364158
    Constant

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    They have raw tortillas that you cook yourself. Those things are money. Hard to go back to pre-cooked after you use these for a bit. Usually have corn and flour.
    A bag of maseca costs maybe a dollar. That's like 10000 tortillas.

I hear they're big?

Pro tip: go in the exit and just grab a dog. If they give you shit, say you are picking up a script, it's illegal for them to refuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A bag of maseca costs maybe a dollar. That's like 10000 tortillas.
    Yup. Got a cast iron tortilla press for Xmas. Never going back to store bought.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Pro tip: go in the exit and just grab a dog. If they give you shit, say you are picking up a script, it's illegal for them to refuse you.
    I know this is not a popular opinion, however, I don't really like their hot dogs. I'd tolerate them if the buns weren't gross.

Pizza and tires

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    My annual reward check says you’re wrong.
    I don't think XXX understood what you were saying. I'm an executive member and get a rebate every year that's for more than my membership costs. The cashback on their credit card is also excellent.

I live 10 minutes from one. I probably buy 2/3 to 3/4 of my groceries there. Prime sirloin was $7/lb today. Most of the produce is literally half what it costs at a regular grocery store and the quality is usually better.

He also doesn’t have two food vacuums living with him. No question we save money there. Most trips are all business, though. The flashy stuff loses its luster after a while. But if seasonal shit you need is on sale, buy that shit even though it’s four months early cause it’s almost always a good deal and it’ll be long gone by the time you actually need it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

$5 rotisserie chicken

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Word