Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1453
    Working on the slime line in Chignik, AK for a summer processing cod and salmon dispelled for me any romantic myths regarding wild-caught fish... ain't nothing pretty about any of it.

Know why those cod fillets look so clean and white? Cuz a bunch of poor saps spent all summer picking out the parasites with the tip of a fillet knife, one after the other, 16 hours a day. Purely for aesthetics. The curly little worms won't actually hurt you.

Wild Sockeye is what we have. The prior was farm raised in a blue bag.

Maybe we need to cook time less than the farm raised stuff? Is that what the above suggestions point towards?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thanks DtM!

I've saved that to watch before the next dinner.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not terrible for 13 bucks
    Attachment 458431
    I bought some "weatherproof" brand hiking shorts from Costco to try out for mountain bike shorts - nylon-ish, a little stretchy, zipper pockets. After a couple of rides, I'm OK with them.

Something like $12 each, in contrast to $50-75 for mountain bike clothing brand shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

This really changed my opinion of Salmon regardless of where it comes from.

https://www.177milkstreet.com/radio/...-favorite-fish

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    This really changed my opinion of Salmon regardless of where it comes from.

https://www.177milkstreet.com/radio/...-favorite-fish
    TLDL. Why is line caught wild salmon bad?

Linking to a podcast and expecting others to listen to it to know what it said and why you think the way you think is totally absurd. 1 hour long, are you nuts? I don't care enough about salmon to do that.

TL, DR: Fuck podcasts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tell me you have the attention span of a kitten without telling me you have the attention span of a kitten.

I have way more atten--squirrel!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Fuck podcasts even more in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Tell me you have the attention span of a kitten without telling me you have the attention span of a kitten.
    I mean... you're probably not wrong, but ain't nobody got time for that shit. An hour talking about salmon? I don't even *like* salmon.

Well to be fair, the part where they talk about Salmon is only like 10 minutes. Buffered on each side by discussions on fries, Persian yoghurt, and Thai hot and sour soup.
    For the kittens out there, the guests don't talk about wild caught Salmon. Their issues are purely with farmed fish, which is probably all they can source easily given they are Canadian east-coasters.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Working on the slime line in Chignik, AK for a summer processing cod and salmon dispelled for me any romantic myths regarding wild-caught fish... ain't nothing pretty about any of it.

Know why those cod fillets look so clean and white? Cuz a bunch of poor saps spent all summer picking out the parasites with the tip of a fillet knife, one after the other, 16 hours a day. Purely for aesthetics. The curly little worms won't actually hurt you.
    Bought some Salmon a decade ago and when I got it out to cook I notice numerous white works wiggling about. It killed my appetite.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

If you look around on that link, there is a button you can push to get a written transcript, so you can skip over the non-salmon talk. It basically says fish farms are dirty.

Got a sample yesterday of the frozen rasberries dipped in dark chocolate...damn good, had to buy a bag.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Got a sample yesterday of the frozen rasberries dipped in dark chocolate...damn good, had to buy a bag.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk
    Even parasitic salmon worms dipped in dark chocolate would probably taste damn good
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

That's a good way to get me to stop eating chocolate.

What do I want from Costco?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1685075337.983951.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	367.4 KB 
ID:	460010
    Jasper approves Costco Pendleton bed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by jm2e; 06-14-2023 at 02:54 PM.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Went to Costco today and was pushing my cart in the main wide drag and an old lady cut in front of me from a side aisle, and I'm thinking, "I'm not gonna stop, I have the right away". Well this old lady didn't stop and we bumped carts - she didn't even look at me or stop, so I came to a stop.

So like any real American in a rush to get his nicely priced Peets Coffee ground bag (oh, I see it's only offered as beans now no more grounds - fuck Costco once again) I rammed her ankles from behind and then ran in front of her cart and came to a stop, accelerated, came to a stop, gave her the finger and then rushed off to get a free sample of delicious lasagna that was 60% of my salt daily allowance in a tiny sample cup and a 15 pound cheese wheel that won't fit in my fridge or freezer. I love Costco!

Gonna hang a ball sac on the back of my cart next time I go...

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Went to Costco today and was pushing my cart in the main wide drag and an old lady cut in front of me from a side aisle, and I'm thinking, "I'm not gonna stop, I have the right away". Well this old lady didn't stop and we bumped carts - she didn't even look at me or stop, so I came to a stop.

So like any real American in a rush to get his nicely priced Peets Coffee ground bag (oh, I see it's only offered as beans now no more grounds - fuck Costco once again) I rammed her ankles from behind and then ran in front of her cart and came to a stop, accelerated, came to a stop, gave her the finger and then rushed off to get a free sample of delicious lasagna that was 60% of my salt daily allowance in a tiny sample cup and a 15 pound cheese wheel that won't fit in my fridge or freezer. I love Costco!

You ankle tapped some old lady AND want preground coffee ?

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    You ankle tapped some old lady AND want preground coffee ?
    I'll admit it - there's no real good excuse for preground coffee in life.

Great - now I'm hungry for a cheese wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Great - now I'm hungry for a cheese wheel.
    C'mon over - I need to eat 4 pounds of it today for it to fit in my freezer.

C'mon over - I need to eat 4 pounds of it today for it to fit in my freezer.
    What is it? Manchego? Parmesan?

Maybe gorgonzola? Mmmm... gorgonzola...