Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Repeating others, but Friday was a complete zoo... but managed to still get fresh non heli tracks all day. It was easy 12-18”. Superb.
    Today had some refresh plus wind to blow stuff around, and then they opened out to rope dees and dope chute. Super fun. Not as crazy as Friday. And the spring weather led to a beach scene in the park lot.
    Silverton is always a bit of a logistics mess but the place is so damn unique and special with cool vibes all around.
    Gotta get out here more frequently!
    Oh wait, it gets crowded... disregard all that. It sucks. Don’t go.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Repeating others, but Friday was a complete zoo... but managed to still get fresh non heli tracks all day. It was easy 12-18”. Superb.
    Today had some refresh plus wind to blow stuff around, and then they opened out to rope dees and dope chute. Super fun. Not as crazy as Friday. And the spring weather led to a beach scene in the park lot.
    Silverton is always a bit of a logistics mess but the place is so damn unique and special with cool vibes all around.
    Gotta get out here more frequently!
    Oh wait, it gets crowded... disregard all that. It sucks. Don’t go.
    The post-ski parking lot scene has been excellent this season. I almost don't want them to bring back the Bear Bar... almost. Be careful of the sheriff though, Bruce and company have been total asses this season apparently.

Sounds like today wasn't as bad as Friday? Less people out for their first day made for a quicker registration I'd imagine. I hope they streamline that process in the future and just skip the day ticket for pass holders. Once you've registered, signed all the waivers, and proved you've got gear just let folks get in line

Edit: One last positive note, every business in Silverton is so stoked on how this unguided season has gone. They are having banner winters all around. Keep spreading the love ya'll, some of the locals appreciate it at least

Flake news.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

And hey, I just wanted to express my thanks for the hardest working, most bust ass team, bringing the stoke and fantastic skiing down home.
    Someone kept saying it's all about the timing, but I still think that good heart, strong effort and a little bit of smarts and arts factors in too.

My most sincere thanks to each and every one of you for imagining and crafting a kickass experience.

Emma
    Grady
    Marc
    Fabio
    Jeremy
    John
    Skyler
    Rob
    Krista
    Adam
    Stan
    Chris C
    Kim
    Wildhorse
    Calvin
    Caleb
    Dustin
    Chris S
    Cam
    Frank
    Evan
    Anne
    Anna
    Hilary
    Cat
    Rachel
    Blair
    Jake
    Chris
    Michael
    Owen
    Ben
    Max
    Brad
    Aaron
    Jen
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 03-29-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Silverton is a really unique operation. It's incredible they can manage the terrain and snowpack they have with the rate of success they do.

Yes -- Friday was busy. It sucks waiting in a lift. But the hill is always empty. And if you're smart enough to actually listen to Buster, you can ski fresh tracks a great deal without much hiking. Personally, I'd like to see a small unguided season pass price increase or some way of dealing with crowds to reduce the wait. Yet, everyone in the lift line is stoked and the merriment is good.

I hope the hill and the town figure out a way to sustainably tap into the success they've found. Not going to lie though...a tram from town to the top of Kendall sounds dope.

A few stoke pics ...

A "2in overnight" morning...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	166113975_10102412408475900_8144481400287732976_o.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	369510

Getting after it in RMYF

Name:	165558827_10102412408470910_7657069531456736086_o.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	369511

Cat track stoke/relief/happiness after a minor cliff out on Raff

Name:	166062772_10102412408455940_1155243198520172851_o.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	369512

Cat track stoke/relief/happiness after a minor cliff out on Raff

^ that was the waterfall ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ^ that was the waterfall ramp?
    No. This was the 2nd day -- one of them skied a pitch with too much gusto on Raff and ended up needing to make a sneaky traverse out. Was too busy coaching waterfall for pics.

Who you bring to Silverton will shape your experience. That isn't good or bad -- but just something to consider. If you want to ski max vert and techy stuff -- everyone needs to be in good ski shape, very dialed skiers and good communicators. (Backcountry skiing experience is good in this regard -- understanding skiing pitches, terrain descriptions, safe spots, etc). If you just want an incredible experience, bring the people that make all experiences incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I hope the hill and the town figure out a way to sustainably tap into the success they've found. Not going to lie though...a tram from town to the top of Kendall sounds dope.
    I've heard a few people call Silverton Redneck Chamonix...

What's the deal with zones like Corn Factory, Billboard 1-5, Zone 6, Hanging Valley, Vodka Shots, etc. etc? These just names they throw on the trail map as permanently closed zones, or do they actually open when the stars align? Never tagged any of these, even on a 100"+ base.

They do get skied, but usually by a solid guided group with a beefy snowpack. Vodka shots for example takes a _lot_ of snow to be safe and Hanging Valley has a lot of exposure.

Good to see you last week.

Props again to the SM team.

Corn harvest tomorrow? Think I'll break out the 210 Harts, I've been jealous of the longboard day thread.

Corn Factory

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    What's the deal with zones like Corn Factory, Billboard 1-5, Zone 6, Hanging Valley, Vodka Shots, etc. etc? These just names they throw on the trail map as permanently closed zones, or do they actually open when the stars align? Never tagged any of these, even on a 100"+ base.
    Corn Factory is extremely steep and because of its aspect gets extremely cooked by the sun. It it has opened for very limited times. Never skied it myself but have buddies that did. I have been eyeing it since the first year Silverton Mt opend. It looks like it would be a vertical slush river ride. Break out the Evinrude!
    Gravity Junkie

Anybody getting out in the next few days? Thinking of heading down Sunday in search of corn and slush.

2022 Passes are live

Inline :
    $189 Unguided Season 2022 Passes on Sale! (very limited time price don't miss out)

Support independent ski areas while getting an amazing limited time deal!
    Base Pass Deal includes: Access to the mountain for the following projected 2022 Unguided dates Weds-Sun 5 DAYS a Week (regular price $599):
    • Weds, March 16 (Passholder-Only Private Mountain Day)
    • March 17-20
    • March 23-27
    • March/April 30-3
    • April 6-10
    • April 13-17

That's 26 days of skiing for $189 folks.

AND Option to purchase one $39 heli run for 2022 season ($39 only if booked prior to 5.31.21). Heli run price increases to $59 after 5.31.21. 2021 Spring Heli season running Thurs-Sun through April 3rd. Heli runs to Grassy and Butter Bowl. Purchase your season pass through the button below. You will receive instructions on booking your discounted heli run within 2 weeks of your pass purchase, discount heli runs must be pre-booked online. *The Base Pass option does not include partner mountain days.

Add Skiing at Partner Resorts for only an additional $99 with Premium Pass Upgrade!

Premium Pass includes (regular price $698):

• 2 Days at Monarch Mountain, Colorado
    • 2 Days at Arapahoe Basin, Colorado
    • 2 Days at Sugar Bowl, California
    • 3 Days at Snow King, Wyoming
    • 3 Days at Brundage Mountain, Idaho
    • 3 Days at Mt. Baldy, California
    • 3 Days at Eaglecrest Ski Area, Alaska
    *see blackout dates
    (Only available to those purchasing a 2022 season pass and at the time of purchase of season pass product.)

Add a Powder Pass UPGRADE for only an additional $89 to your Premium Pass (not available with Base Pass).

Premium Pass Powder Upgrade Includes:

▪ $99 Standby Guided Skiing/Snowboarding during Guided Season.
    ▪ Option to purchase a second $39 heli run on a second day. Heli runs must be on separate dates. Powder Upgrade Heli run pricing increases to $59 after 5.31.21.
    ▪ 5% Discount on Alaska heli skiing with Silverton Mountain Guides for the months of November, December and January. **(Only available to those purchasing season pass and at the time of purchase of season pass product.)
    Only a very limited number of early bird $189 Unguided Season Base Passes (regular price $599) and Premium Unguided Season Passes (regular price $698) will be sold.
    $8.95 shipping fee is automatically added to all pass purchases.

Fuck corporate skiing. This is the real deal.

^^^ The real deal indeed. I'll be buying the cheap one at least and considering the premium upgrade if I stay in CO for the next winter.

Unguided was killer this year. Very happy to see they are keeping passholder day. That was my favorite inbounds day of the season this year.

See ya'll up there this weekend and for closing day. Was country club like last Sunday, nothing quite like having Silverton to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    ^^^ The real deal indeed. I'll be buying the cheap one at least and considering the premium upgrade if I stay in CO for the next winter.

Unguided was killer this year. Very happy to see they are keeping passholder day. That was my favorite inbounds day of the season this year.

See ya'll up there this weekend and for closing day. Was country club like last Sunday, nothing quite like having Silverton to yourself.
    I can't commit to a pass yet due to some job uncertainty. Hoping I don't miss the deadline. Lets ski some laps Sunday!

So is this like the "Eldora Clusterfuck" and "Loveland Tomorrow" thread? Let's keep it going long term.
    2022 pass purchased - I'm sure I'll get some mid winter guided days too.
    The real deal indeed. FKNA.

Good lord them cheap heli drops bring out the front range bros.

I might make it down again next Sunday if this storm cycle manages to do something.

Anyone got a report from today? Really want one more corn day, but not so interested in dust on coral reef...

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    Anyone got a report from today? Really want one more corn day, but not so interested in dust on coral reef...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNv2HzXFQ9Y/

It's been about 15 years since I've been to Silverton, thinking about committing to the pass. I will for sure want to partner up on many of those days, but will they let me rip solo if I don't have a partner? I plan on doing a guided day first to get reacquainted with the mtn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    It's been about 15 years since I've been to Silverton, thinking about committing to the pass. I will for sure want to partner up on many of those days, but will they let me rip solo if I don't have a partner? I plan on doing a guided day first to get reacquainted with the mtn.
    They allow solo skiers during unguided, I've showed up solo and skied alone for at least a few runs every day I've been up in the past couple weeks. I always end up running into friends eventually though. I know the mountain fairly well, but still avoid the north facing trees when I'm alone. It's also easy to end up skiing with rad randos since you always ride the bus with folks right after nearly every run.

Just purchased my pass for next season today and will be heading up for closing day tomorrow. Should be skiing fairly well after the few inches yesterday and the stormy weather today.

FYI Silverton unguided pass prices will be going up on May 1st. If you're holding out for whatever reason, don't.

Just confirming - there are no blackout dates on the $39 heli drop, can be booked on any operating day during 2021-2022 season?