Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    ^ha, I was on my Wren 108s. Silly 3" report, left my protests at home.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Dang, I think I sat next to you waiting for the bus after we skied waterfall. Didn't see your post till just now.
    Tough with no service, I definitely forgot the skis/jackets/pants to be looking for.

Definitely agree on my best 3" day. Got Rope Dee 4 - Dope rope drop, which was tasty. Also did one hot pow front headspring, smooth.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Fuuuuuck. The FOMO is real. Nice work y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Alright, fuck it. I’m exercising the powder clause tomorrow if this forecast holds up.

I'll be down in the morning as long as the pass stays open! If its half as good as yesterday I'll be content.

It's getting warm in town.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’d be stoked to make some turns with folks Weds. Green Jacket, grey pants, black/grey Pom hat, Armada Norwalks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3879.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	367769

Name:	IMG_3900.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	367770

Name:	IMG_3882.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	367771

Soft snow and big terrain. A match made in heaven.

Silverton got another foot but reported zero. I’m not really getting their logic in under reporting snow to this extreme but it was awesome for those there. Monday and today were all time. Rope dee 4 to dope chute was the run of the day today. So tired.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Silverton got another foot but reported zero. I’m not really getting their logic in under reporting snow to this extreme but it was awesome for those there. Monday and today were all time. Rope dee 4 to dope chute was the run of the day today. So tired.

I wonder if that has to do with the number of unguided passes sold during covid trying to keep the crowds down

Silverton Unguided roll call 2021

Their snow reports have always been weird, but a zeroburger on a 12” day is especially weird.

You just won’t know unless you go...nice change of pace from the usual CO shitshow of social media hype, powder cams and parking reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Their snow reports have always been weird, but a zeroburger on a 12” day is especially weird.

You just won’t know unless you go...nice change of pace from the usual CO shitshow of social media hype, powder cams and parking reservations.
    Yeah, rumors were swirling that they intentionally downplayed the report to keep overcrowding to a minimum. Who knows. I just hope I can get back down there soon!

Did things stay cool enough in the shade to be worth getting up early tomorrow? Or better to wait til 11ish?

It got warm today, so mornings may be crunchy.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It got warm today, so mornings may be crunchy.
    Thanks, figured that was likely the case.

Back out tomorrow in white helmet, blue softshell, beard, explosivs (I think)

Dumping on Red Mtn this afternoon, should be a great couple of days down there.

Orange jacket, blue pants and yellow or blacked out board- ask for change

We'll be there this weekend, Friday & Saturday unguided and touring Red Mtn pass Sunday. edit: I'll be in blue/turquoise jacket, gray pants, black helmet.

We just went under contract on a house in Silverton -- pretty excited to have it be home base in the future. Needs a ton of work, hopefully no surprises during inspection and we close alright. If anyone has recommendations for demo and/or drywall guys in the area, let me know!
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Wow, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    We'll be there this weekend, Friday & Saturday unguided and touring Red Mtn pass Sunday. edit: I'll be in blue/turquoise jacket, gray pants, black helmet.

We just went under contract on a house in Silverton -- pretty excited to have it be home base in the future. Needs a ton of work, hopefully no surprises during inspection and we close alright. If anyone has recommendations for demo and/or drywall guys in the area, let me know!
    Awesome and Congrats! I'm in Utah for work this week but it looks like you'll have some good conditions on tap.

I'm in Montrose if you ever need help with anything in your closest metro area

Out tomorrow - black pants, grey jacket, white helmet, mustachioed. Blue house maestros if it's snowy enough.

The under reports are absolutely part of the plan to keep the crowds down... but boy it didn't work yesterday. Every friend I chatted with said Friday was the busiest day Silverton has ever seen. The line was bonkers and nearly every available parking space from beyond the Tiger bus pick up all the way to the Gladstone mine was full. I waited to catch the drop on Tiger Main and bailed to tour. Came back at 130ish and still had to wait in line to get on the lift, which I've never seen during unguided. Usually the line is gone at noon after the folks from Denver are crushed from their two runs. I'm curious to hear how busy today ends up being, I'm sure it will be busier.

Fantastic skiing though! Even with the crowds there were great untouched stashes just off the main gullies and obvious features.

It will be interesting to see what pass structure/prices looks like next season.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what pass structure/prices looks like next season.
    Considering they added an extra guided day, almost doubled the price, and still sold out nearly every day I can guarantee there will be a big change. The local rumor is they will extend the guided season and also up the cost (and maybe limit the number sold) of the unguided pass. The last few years may have been the best ever to be an unguided pass holder, the value was insane if you did more than 4 days + utilize some the days at partner resorts. If I'm around the four corners next season I will be buying a pass even if it costs a couple hundred more dollars.

EDIT: Changed some wording to add context that this is all just a general rumor/conjecture.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 03-29-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Express line, lodge line, lift line, heli staging line, bus line, all atrocious. 90-120 minutes to get your ticket and your first lift ride. Yeah, I’d say it was a junkshow.

That said, we still had an awesome time down there. Thursday and Friday were outstanding storm riding days. Cold pow with plenty of faceshots all day long. It was absolutely the deepest 4” (LOL) cycle I’ve ever had . Today was picture perfect bluebird. I brought a few rookies and they are hooked on the place. We had some superb runs down Tiger Claw, Concussion, Riff, Waterfall, Bowling Alley, TBS, Splitski, T11, and many others . Chatted with Buster and Doebedoe and the stoke was high. Fingers crossed I can make it down for one more trip !

Tiger Claw entrance

Name:	IMG_8735.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	382.3 KB 
ID:	369355

Heli lines on Grassy, Butter and Sandwich Chutes

Name:	IMG_8743.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	369356

PB dropping into Waterfall

Name:	IMG_8706.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	369357

Deep leftovers on the northside

Name:	IMG_8772.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	369391
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 03-31-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Considering they added an extra guided day, almost doubled the price, and still sold out nearly every day I can guarantee there will be a big change. The general consensus of my friends who work there/having chatted briefly with Jen Brill on passholder day is they will extend the guided season and also up the cost (and maybe limit the number sold) of the unguided pass. The last few years may have been the best ever to be an unguided pass holder, the value was insane if you did more than 4 days + utilize some the days at partner resorts. If I'm around the four corners next season I will be buying a pass even if it costs a couple hundred more dollars.
    Yeah, I just did the $99 base this year which was certainly worth it for the two days I've had so far. I'm pretty set on buying a pass as well next year unless they seriously shorten guided season. Hopefully the last couple weeks die down as people start doing non-winter things.

I'm hoping to make it down one or two more times in April.