Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How tight should boots fit out of the box?

Between there not being any dalbello dealers in my area, covid, and lack of boot in my size, I bought boots online. When I put them on, they're comfortable and have a really good squeeze on my foot, no pain. My toe slightly touches when learning into the boot and has some pressure when standing straight up but nothing uncomfortable. Happy with the fit. The issue is that after about an hour my feet are falling asleep. Is this something that can be fixed with heat molding/getting packed out? Or should I return them and look for something with a little more volume? Boot is dalbello krypton 130

Keep them if they are red.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kneedropper View Post
    Keep them if they are red.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    i hear orange is a suitable compromise as well.
    swing your fucking sword.

Heat moulding might help... could be just one mild pressure point?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Between there not being any dalbello dealers in my area, covid, and lack of boot in my size, I bought boots online. When I put them on, they're comfortable and have a really good squeeze on my foot, no pain. My toe slightly touches when learning into the boot and has some pressure when standing straight up but nothing uncomfortable. Happy with the fit. The issue is that after about an hour my feet are falling asleep. Is this something that can be fixed with heat molding/getting packed out? Or should I return them and look for something with a little more volume? Boot is dalbello krypton 130
    Well, for me, if there's no pain when inside and new, they will probably be too big in a season or two.

I'm not really kidding.

Are you feeling any pressure before your feet go numb? Are you running any sort of footbed other than the stock ones? A good footbed, even a trim to fit will make a world of difference when teamed up with molding them

Sent from my SM-G998U using TGR Forums mobile app

to figure out if you got the right size boot take the liner out, put your bare foot in the boot with toe touching the front of the boot,

you want a 9-16 mm space behind your foot, use a felt pen as a guage to measure the space, a felt sharpie is 15mm

If you got the right space behind your heel this does not mean its the right boot for your foot

just that you might be in the ballpark
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Well, for me, if there's no pain when inside and new, they will probably be too big in a season or two.

I'm not really kidding.
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about. My 50/50 boots packed out after a season and a half. Guess its time for some proper liner

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Are you feeling any pressure before your feet go numb? Are you running any sort of footbed other than the stock ones? A good footbed, even a trim to fit will make a world of difference when teamed up with molding them
    Yeah, some pressure pinching my achilles and a little on top of the foot. I like the achilles pinch because I feel like its locking my heel down really nice. The pressure on top of my foot has been a problem in other boots, that could definitely be causing it. I'll try the footbed but I worry it would raise my heel up more and pinch my achilles more. Worth a shot tho. Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    to figure out if you got the right size boot take the liner out, put your bare foot in the boot with toe touching the front of the boot,

you want a 9-16 mm space behind your foot, use a felt pen as a guage to measure the space, a felt sharpie is 15mm

If you got the right space behind your heel this does not mean its the right boot for your foot

just that you might be in the ballpark
    Felt sharpie was a tight squeeze so looks like its the right size at least

High instep could be a reason for numbness...

Check here & answer the “better or worse” questions: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-my-boots-quot

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    High instep could be a reason for numbness...

Check here & answer the questions: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-my-boots-quot
    I was looking for that thread. TGR search engine sucks. danke

You can fit in your boot out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    How should boots fit? Like a big dick in a tight pussy: FULL.

All joking aside, if they are brand new and it takes an hour for your feet to go numb, they're a full size too big. Every single boot I've ever been happy skiing in once the liners are broken in has had me crying uncle and ripping them off my feet in under 10 minutes when they were new. Send those boats back and order the next full size smaller. You're welcome.

Boots should fit pretty fucking tight. Baking the liners and getting a few punches will make a world of difference in comfort.
    I have high volume club feet and ski narrow, lowish volume boot, just made it work with punches and cutting liner foam out.
    High instep can be a bitch though, it is for me trying to find a boot that fits well.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    How should boots fit? Like a big dick in a tight pussy: FULL.

All joking aside, if they are brand new and it takes an hour for your feet to go numb, they're a full size too big. Every single boot I've ever been happy skiing in once the liners are broken in has had me crying uncle and ripping them off my feet in under 10 minutes when they were new. Send those boats back and order the next full size smaller. You're welcome.
    Joking aside? 0/10 on funny scale.

Why? Maybe you have a big dick, maybe not. If you’re telling me that you want to rip a tight pussy off your big dick after 10 minutes for a smaller size, you either 1-don’t have a big dick, 2-you’re bad at analogies, or 3-you don’t last very long.

For the OP, if shell is proper length, there could be any number of pressure points cutting circulation. Find that pressure point.

An hour for your foot to go numb with the boot buckled?

I've never had a (fully buckled) boot that I could just sit / stand around in for that long without going numb.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Joking aside? 0/10 on funny scale.

Why? Maybe you have a big dick, maybe not. If you’re telling me that you want to rip a tight pussy off your big dick after 10 minutes for a smaller size, you either 1-don’t have a big dick, 2-you’re bad at analogies, or 3-you don’t last very long.

For the OP, if shell is proper length, there could be any number of pressure points cutting circulation. Find that pressure point.
    Vibes on your lack of sense of humor, but excuse me while I take the time to dredge up the post from the (former) female member here who I quoted with that line. Any issues you have with it can be sent along to her.

I'm sure she would just love to hear from a white guy in Idaho about her sense of humor.

It’s really important for all of us middle aged skiers to have extremely painful boots in order to quickly ski around all the cliffs and difficult terrain that a performance boot would be mandatory for if we still skied that type of terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Vibes on your lack of sense of humor, but excuse me while I take the time to dredge up the post from the (former) female member here who I quoted with that line. Any issues you have with it can be sent along to her.

I'm sure she would just love to hear from a white guy in Idaho about her sense of humor.
    It’s funny coming from a lady. A good joke recycled by a dude from WA, wait, CO, wait, what are you chasing...dredge if you must.

But really, I took exception to your shitty advice to size down a shell because the boot didn’t hurt enough.

PS-why did you include that I’m white? Not sure we’ve met...

Brundo, they’re Kryptons so they are a lot easier than an overlap to see what’s going on over your instep since you can pull the tongue down/off and look.

So your marker is actually 15mm? You say toes touch when leaned in? They shouldn’t, really, but that is probably the unmolded liner. And no toe cramming while out skiing? If you really do have as xxxer said 9-16mm the longest toe should be ok.

Mold that janky liner. Not sure if Dalbello has upped their liner game? Anyway, easy to do in your home oven and one of the great things about a cabrio is how easily you can slip your hot liner covered foot into it to mold it.

the scarpa guage has a rectangular 9-16mm end

a sharpie with a squared off end is 15mm or you could look for something
    but you shoudl check to make sure with a tape

I have no idea how big anyones dick is but they are all different and I can't help you measure that
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

How tight should boots fit out of the box?

IMHO numbness should not be a given on out of the box tightness, but it also doesn’t immediately rule out that boot. you gotta figure out if that spot has room to give

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I have no idea how big anyones dick is but they are all different and I can't help you measure that
    It's related to boot size and also how painful your boots are I think? (excluding the FrankenFooters out there who have feet designed for snowboard boots not ski boots)

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Brundo, they’re Kryptons so they are a lot easier than an overlap to see what’s going on over your instep since you can pull the tongue down/off and look.

So your marker is actually 15mm? You say toes touch when leaned in? They shouldn’t, really, but that is probably the unmolded liner. And no toe cramming while out skiing? If you really do have as xxxer said 9-16mm the longest toe should be ok.

Mold that janky liner. Not sure if Dalbello has upped their liner game? Anyway, easy to do in your home oven and one of the great things about a cabrio is how easily you can slip your hot liner covered foot into it to mold it.
    Yeah, toe touches when leaning into the boot, but just barely. When I'm stand straight up there's pressure on my toe but nothing uncomfortable. For what it's worth I have a pointed foot so I'm not surprised my toe touches quite a bit. Its the right size boot, I wouldn't want to size up for an alpine boot, just wondering if I should go for something higher volume but after reading everything here, looks like I'll be able to make it work with a molding. Pretty stoked on how this boot flexes.

My guess would be a little tight on the instep, and for me at least very small adjustments there are the difference between numb feet and a sweet fit. Slightly thinner footbeds? Boot board grind? Might only take an extra mm. Agree molding liners would probably be the first thing to try.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app