Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Why the racing baskets for BC poles?
    duh, how else are you gonna get the fkt on strava?

powder baskets probably weigh 5g more

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Having ruptured my spleen with a long skate ski pole, ^^^THIS.
    Shit really? I just badly bruised myself with those long poles, but it was enough to make me go Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Shit really? I just badly bruised myself with those long poles, but it was enough to make me go Hmmm.
    We were playing tag with the kids XC club and in an effort to avoid being “it” I jumped off a ledge and the pole dug under my rib cage when I landed. I didn’t even know I did it until the next morning when I twisted to get in the car and a flood of pain came over me.

Alright here’s mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1175.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	445.6 KB 
ID:	364438

Used them instead of my carbon adjustable poles on a tour a couple weeks ago, the large grip was a welcome relief, really just need to replace the baskets with slightly larger ones

Name:	IMG_6448.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	283.5 KB 
ID:	364439

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by centralparkskiclub View Post
    I ran into the same issue and was surprised that there aren't any companies out there making aftermarket grips for ski touring. Frustrated with same spotty solutions you guys are talking about (and maybe a little delusional sense of my own ability) I decided to make my own out of high density foam to see if the idea worked. I started making extended grips for a few friends and the idea kind of caught on. This winter I've started making extended grips separately for people and re-fabricating poles with extended grips.

Most of the poles out there are outrageously expensive (upwards of $200) or ridiculously long for the majority of skiers. The idea is to create after aftermarket grips and affordable fixed length poles with 12"-18" length extended grips for touring.

If anyone is interested PM me and I can mock something up. I'm based out of Vermont for the winter, but happy to ship anywhere if it catches on!

Got my poles, thanks again!

Name:	BA6167E1-A676-40F8-8D56-62451F16D4A0.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	930.5 KB 
ID:	365887