Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Side country vests

Was looking at whatavest out of wy. Their product looks killer and is sold out. I am wondering if there is other small companies making a solid side country vest?

Thanks and hope you are enjoying this storm cycle!

Tech talk or possibly gear swap...jong..

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

But if you pm rontele I believe he is a rep for said company. I think he has hookups

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I have an older whatvest. So handy. Great to ski with. It doesnt move around like a pack. Its like your not wearing a pack. You may want to message them. I think she'll make to order

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Wary vest on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Sewing is easier and more rewarding than you'd imagine

I wear one from North Face occasionally. It's awesome. Pockets everywhere, hydration bladder in the back, ski straps for hiking, shovel/probe pockets, and it provides a little extra warmth, too. Thing seems indestructible.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/me...der-guide-vest

Sold out it looks like but it's TNF so if you find a used one somewhere you can get it repaired au gratis if needed.

The perfect inbounds/sidecountry vest would be fully contained (not shovel strapped to the outside deal), but it would also come equipped with an avalung. I am more concerned about treewells and deep snow immersion than i am about avalanches on inbounds powder days, and in the sidecountry at my home mountain. THAT would be a sweet, worthwhile product IMO

I got a Black Diamond Cirque 22 Vest. Bigger than the vests mentioned above, but I love it. Still slim enough to not cause problems on a lift, fits a shovel/probe + layer or two + food + beverage. Fantastic ski carry that you can use without taking the pack off. Looks a little skimo in the lift line but super functional.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Sewing is easier and more rewarding than you'd imagine
    and it might get you laid

I got a Whatvest from my mom for xmas. (Okay I told her to buy it for me). The colors are rad and it holds 18 beers.

Because of the covids I haven't ventured out west this year and only do laps out of bounds if the globe is all green anymore (which seems to be never) but the vest skis great and it is built like a tank. So long chipmunk pockets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210118_150642_040.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	363410

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I got a Whatvest from my mom for xmas. (Okay I told her to buy it for me). The colors are rad and it holds 18 beers.
    How much do they cost? Pricing wont show because they are sold out, and the custom vests are $350 which is real fucking spendy!

$250

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Ogio Flak Jacket has to be the best vest ever made. Mine has like 15 years on it and still going strong. We should all email them until they start making them again. I have fondled many other vests and none of the competition comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Ogio Flak Jacket has to be the best vest ever made. Mine has like 15 years on it and still going strong. We should all email them until they start making them again. I have fondled many other vests and none of the competition comes close.
    They still make a moto version. I have a North Face and love it for snowmobiling. If I live somewhere like Bridger, Big Sky, Jackson etc. where I wanted to carry BSP everyday, I'd try to always be vesting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdTIo1L0YeM

I think Volcom and NF still make one but they may be unobtainium. You might want to check ski the ski patrol supply companies also.

Haven't fondled many others but have been happy with my Dakine vest. Great for inbounds hikes at places like Highlands, Jackson and the Basin. Airbag compatible but have shelled out the money for that as I have another airbag system that isn't Mammut.

I had an OGIO vest and I stupidly sold it. I now have a Dakine inflato-vest, and I quite like it. But I think I liked the OGIO better.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Wary vest on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pretty sure I got my OGIO flak jacket from whyturn, well used, and have put a couple years on it and no worse the wear. If its a beep inbounds day its on. My pomoca skins roll up and fit in the pockets next to the shovel blade, hydration pocket used for extra layers. Plenty of pockets for snax or safety supplies. Backslap/spine protection is extra bonus as is having a probe handy to find kicked off skis in the deep. Not that that ever happens to me 🥸

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I ski daily at work wearing one of the north face vests, loaded down with all sorts of tools. It carries really well. It is hot, takes a while to figure out a layering system. Definitely hotter than a backpack on any extended booter even when you shed down to a base layer.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

the guy in hotdog used a vest which he filled with airline bottle of liqour, Hunter s Thompson wore a vest
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

TIL that there is something called a sidecountry vest.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Check out the Volcolm Iguchi test. Shovel and probe are stowed nicely on the back. Several pockets on the front for a collapsible water bladder, tools, voile straps, etc. Well built and very functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. Now I want a Cirque 22 vest thing.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Dang. Now I want a Cirque 22 vest thing.
    That thing looks more like a backpack to me. What makes that a vest?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    That thing looks more like a backpack to me. What makes that a vest?
    Watch a review. It has a lot of pockets on the front, but I agree with you, it's not a vest that I could wear w/ my tux. I don't want a true Volcom style vest, but a lot of pockets on the front is a smart idea. I've been eyeing Dynafit style race vest/pack things for my quick local laps so I'm vulnerable.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda