Sidas CRT Liners

Anyone have experience on the relatively new Sidas CRT liners and have any thoughts or comparisons with other liners? I've heard good things from them and my bootfitter just sold me a pair, so I'll be trying them out soon.

First impression from trying on in the shop is
    + great, snug fit
    + comfortable
    + great heel hold
    + seems like they would be pretty warm
    - some instep pain, though I do have a kind of high instep and low vol boot (tecnica mach 1 LV) and I don't blame the liner for this
    - no idea about the durability, but I can't imagine they would last any longer than an intuition

I am guessing you are in Yurp ? Not many people using Sidas on this side of the pond is my guess
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I am guessing you are in Yurp ? Not many people using Sidas on this side of the pond is my guess
    Actually no, I'm in the Tahoe area. Surprised to hear from you that not many people over here use Sidas liners. Maybe they're just too new to have made an indent on the US market?

Isn't Atomic using Sidas liners in their Hawk series now? Or is that a different brand? Dynafit?

No i think just not many dealers, don't hear much about Sidas

actualy as i typed this i just remembered I have a pair of conformable's by sidas

i had to go check, I got em 15yars ago but I havent used them in 8 yrs cuz of intuition
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I don't know about the CRT liners but I use them in my snowboard boots - the custom mold piece. Helps reduce the pain on my feet but not completely. My feet still hurts sometimes but not as much as before.

Anyone use these liners? Review? Anyone know what they weigh (grams)??

I'm guessing the same shop - Tahoe Sports Hub - says their the shiznit. Considering dropping these in Zero G Tour Pros to replace the stock liner. The Hub likes them better than the intuition pro tour.

I can't find any good reviews anywhere, and the Sidas webpage for them does not seem to exist. These are the best links and info I can find:

https://www.nextadventure.net/catalo...rt-boot-liner/

Whether you're cross-country skiing or hitting the slopes, the CRT liner adapts to your feet and provides maximum comfort thanks to its thermoformable technology. The thermoforming of this liner must be done by a professional.The result of 2 years of development with the best boot fitters. The internal structure, with an adjustable thickness, guarantees comfort and precision after moulding. The removable tongue is thermoformable and can also be replaced with an injectable Sidas tongue.

Micro-fur upper lining for maximum comfort
    Merrymesh lower lining for greater precision
    Upper cuff opening for flexibility
    3 EVA side width for precision and comfort
    Removable tongue for optimal precision
    sproing!

I have quite a bit of experience with the Sidas thermo liners (and many of their other products), there are very similar to an Intuition. Sidas make tongues and liners for other brands.
    The CRT comes in two volumes one for Alpine , one thinner for AT. I use them in my Lange XT3 Pro, and in the Tour Pro.
    They are very good, and have all the attributes you expect from these materials. Lightweight, warm, and very good molding capabilities.
    The Sidas foam liners, particularly, the Race liner with the foam tongue are also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    I have quite a bit of experience with the Sidas thermo liners (and many of their other products), there are very similar to an Intuition. Sidas make tongues and liners for other brands.
    The CRT comes in two volumes one for Alpine , one thinner for AT. I use them in my Lange XT3 Pro, and in the Tour Pro.
    They are very good, and have all the attributes you expect from these materials. Lightweight, warm, and very good molding capabilities.
    The Sidas foam liners, particularly, the Race liner with the foam tongue are also very good.
    Thanks Jummo - do you like the CRT (the touring one) better than an Intuition Pro Tour?

Also, if you have a scale, would you mind weighing it? I'm curious if a 28.5 is around 200g (like an Intuition).
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Thanks Jummo - do you like the CRT (the touring one) better than an Intuition Pro Tour?

Also, if you have a scale, would you mind weighing it? I'm curious if a 28.5 is around 200g (like an Intuition).
    I don't like it more or less than the Intuition. It is more about which brand you carry. There isn't a reason to have both, they are both good. We mold lots of Intuitions we sell Sidas.
    As to weight, we aren't gram counters, so I can't help you there.
    It's really more about your relationship with your local source and what products they are most familiar with,it's not like either of these are drastically different, some of them come out of the same factory.

Pulling this one back up to see if anyone has any more input. Trying to decide between Sidas or Palau Power LT for my Hawx XTD 130.

The Sidas definitely had a stiffer tongue (“plastic”-backed) than the Intuition Pro Tour. But it has a little tab on top of the forward instep (terminology is wrong) that I didn’t like. Was concerned it would bother me on tours.

I did not have a scale but I’d guess it weighed 300g if the Pro Tour weighs ~200g.

I liked the feel of the Pro Tour better (and weight) so went with that. ZGTP boot.

Can’t help you on the Palau but thought I should report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Thanks for the report back, never seen a set in person or know anyone who skis them. The lower volume version is on sale for $99 through Nextadventure right now.
    It says they are 5mm thick, that is super super thin, like skimo race boot level thin