Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DPS Cassiar 95 Pure 3 in a 185. I think these weigh in around 1500g flat although I haven't put them on a scale. Powerful and can hold an edge. Poppy camber. Have Pamoca skins for them also.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ISO: lightweight spring/volcano/couloir setup for full-sized skier

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    DPS Cassiar 95 Pure 3 in a 185. I think these weigh in around 1500g flat although I haven't put them on a scale. Powerful and can hold an edge. Poppy camber. Have Pamoca skins for them also.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Definitely a contender. How old? It's pretty obvious skis don't hold their pop forever, even DPS. If you wanted $500 for skis with 4 of their best years already behind them, I would look for a pair of something going on sale now for the same amount but with 3 or more years of their best materials health and performance still ahead of them. Some skis are fine used, but I think light and poppy skis just have limited lives and are best bought young.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I had my 192 yetis out yesterday and they ski like a full on real ski not a touring noodle. I used them for a full season of lift served skiing in New Zealand with frame bindings and even as a daily driver in variable conditions I never felt wanting (width in fresh snow notwithstanding). Now with light set of pin bindings they are back to touring duty and wow they are good. I'm 6'2" but not as heavy as you. If you can find a set of 192 Yetis I think they would check your boxes even if at the top of the weight range. Mine have not softened up or turned to noodles after 4 seasons, I think they are as good as day 1.

6-3 195 and use them for long approach in June in the wasatch. So not volcano but shade and sun and some variable

This for me was the black crows camox
    95 waist and 183 is 3100 g. With vipec it’s pretty light.

Stable and medium 20m radius with some beef for pop out of a turn and run down the fall line. I’ve been happy with them.

Others have used zero g and said it’s less versatile in discussions. But that is just a data point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    6-3 195 and use them for long approach in June in the wasatch. So not volcano but shade and sun and some variable

This for me was the black crows camox
    95 waist and 183 is 3100 g. With vipec it’s pretty light.

Stable and medium 20m radius with some beef for pop out of a turn and run down the fall line. I’ve been happy with them.

Others have used zero g and said it’s less versatile in discussions. But that is just a data point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'll check those out. I'm back in the hunt. The Prime 1.0 was not what I was looking for. It has no camber and elongated tip and tail rise. It does also have a grabby tail which can be mitigated with good form but can take you by surprise if you're outside the small sweet spot. Not a characteristic I like in a ski for steeps.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I’m looking to sell a set of 183 Camox Freebirds from 2019 (the new layup, stiffer and lighter than the first iteration) drilled for ATK Crest at 312. These have a titanal binding area, plenty of room for more mounts.

1560g, 96 waist with BD Glidelite mohair mix skins- new glue this season. Nice shape, PM me if you’re interested.

I will also say mtn 95 and suck up the extra grams. At your height and weight...
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I have line ick day tourists 185 w/ g3 ion LTs. G3 skins. Phenomenal volcano set up. Have been my volcano set up for the past 2 seasons.

1600g skis and 3xxg bindings

Bonus is that they also shred pow pretty well.

https://www.skiessentials.com/2020-k...tx90-skis.html

This is what you want. 184cm. I bet you could call up and get these down to $425-450 shipped. Should end up around 1400g in the 184. There won’t be a better ski for what you want. Period.

^^^serio. Bad ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post

This is what you want. 184cm. I bet you could call up and get these down to $425-450 shipped. Should end up around 1400g in the 184. There won’t be a better ski for what you want. Period.
    Any comparisons you can make to similar boards, either the other tx's or zero g's etc.? Very little out there on these , but if they hold up to large humans you've got my attention

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Any comparisons you can make to similar boards, either the other tx's or zero g's etc.? Very little out there on these , but if they hold up to large humans you've got my attention
    I got no Addtl beta for you. If you’ve skied other TXs you know they are pretty traditional and predictable- both qualities I think are particularly useful in a spring ski where you could encounter any surface type. I’ve never skied a Kastle I’ve found to be a noodle, so I only expect the 184 tx to be as stout as reasonably expected for a 1400g ski.

Thanks. This is all seems sound logic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post

Have a pair on their way. $468 out the door. They spent a good 15 minutes basically rehashing the topic of this thread with me. I like stores that do that. Helped that the rep I spoke with had skied a few years in Tahoe!