Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Tips on navigating SLC areas with family this year

Hey guys, taking the whole gaggle out to SLC. Since this year has some weird rules and regulations at each resort, what are some important things to consider when traveling with a bunch of little ones?

Key concern: making a mistake is magnified 100x with kids!

• I see Alta has parking restrictions - are these impacting anyone?
    • Brighton kids ski free. Umm - is this OK or are my kids going to get demolished by a snowboarder?
    • UTA busses? Ok / Not Ok?

Any advice recommended! Plans pretty malleable!

Stay the fuck home and don’t bring the Corona here.

You sound like a wonderful person.

Quote Originally Posted by RollGybe View Post
    Hey guys, taking the whole gaggle out to SLC. Since this year has some weird rules and regulations at each resort, what are some important things to consider when traveling with a bunch of little ones?

Key concern: making a mistake is magnified 100x with kids!

• I see Alta has parking restrictions - are these impacting anyone?
    • Brighton kids ski free. Umm - is this OK or are my kids going to get demolished by a snowboarder?
    • UTA busses? Ok / Not Ok?

easy

just drop your kids off at Deseret Industries and the mormons will take them as their own.

they'll have a good life, make lots of money, have bad haircuts. you can go ski all you want. everybody wins.

failing that, just wake up early and ski wherever the fuck you want. also please for the love of god follow the chain laws in the canyons.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    +100

BobMC delivering the real advice

still you could just ditch your kids at the Mormon thrift store. i think that's how that works anyway

So far this thread is going great!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    +100

BobMC delivering the real advice

still you could just ditch your kids at the Mormon thrift store. i think that's how that works anyway

Yup.
    Last edited by CG_#3; 03-15-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Yes a snowboarder is going to plow your daughter(s).

Also le_tits_now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I think there's plenty of Rona in Utah. I'd be way more worried about catching it there than bringing it there.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Yes a snowboarder is going to plow your daughter(s).

Also le_tits_now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    nice to meet you too Mr. Lifelink

And never, never, ever start a thread with "Hey, guys". There are a lot of people here who binary, more than a few who are ternary, and even a couple of women.

Go to Hawaii.
    Last edited by CG_#3; 03-15-2021 at 09:52 PM.

I knew Utah's traffic sucked, but damn, they're angrier than I thought lol

I really don’t get the whole it’s a pandemic and I feel the need to travel. Fuck you people,

Corona is already here. But couldn’t agree with you more. Stay the fuck home. I turned down two AK trips this week. Airfare is crazy cheap. Guys couldn’t understand why. BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING PANDEMIC RETARDS! The selfishness is out of control. I’m currently in quarantine for being close contact with someone who tested positive. I was wearing n95 with another mask on top of that. My idiot coworker claims he was never within 6ft, and was wearing a mask (single layer buff) so no need to quarantine. Missing the first good pow cycle of the year but at least I’m honest and trying to protect my other coworkers on the off chance I got infected. Go ahead and be a selfish asshole like my coworker. Travel with your whole family to ski. I’ve got some great recommendations on north facing backcountry terrain for you.

The Virus Threat doesn’t fit well with Self Entitlement .... or in this case traveling with the Gaggle to go Skiing.

I really don’t get the whole it’s a pandemic and I feel the need to travel. Fuck you people,
    Are we keeping score? Put me down for one in the Bob column. The mechanism of transmission is really quite simple. But all the woke white folks, want to keep talking about is "following the rules" and then whining about the rules when they don't work for them.

Understand that as people "feel better about travel" case rates are increasing in tourist destinations. It's like ping pong. Keep kids in school, realized that the vax is coming and appears to be working and just lay low around the homestead.
    Last edited by Foggy_Goggles; 02-15-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: not enough coffee

Stay the fuck home you selfish shitbag.

Signed,
    A guy who hasn't had a hug, been on a date, had a beer at a bar, gone out to eat, or seen friends or relatives in person for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by RollGybe View Post
    Stay home and make plans for amazing trip next winter.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2344
Size:  29.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Stay the fuck home you selfish shitbag.

Signed,
    A guy who hasn't had a hug, been on a date, had a beer at a bar, gone out to eat, or seen friends or relatives in person for a year.
    Keep at it dude! Reality is the more shitbags shitbag, the more important it is that we keep on keeping on. It is everyone's actions on balance that are the most critical.

I love that people want to rationalize their actions based on someone else's even more selfish actions. "We only had 10 people over for the Super Bowl, I know people that flew to Florida with 4 other families on vacation!"

I have more respect for the fucktards that own their don't give a shit and those going about their regular business with their mask on thinking that they are part of the solution....no...you...are...not.

If you don't give a shit, own it! "Me and my gaggle are going skiing because our socio economic privilege which most likely includes health care, WFT with no loss of income, no comorbidities, enough cheddar to weather whatever economic storm comes your way allows us to ignore the reality that is the global pandemic".

I don't hate you, I have empathy for your situation. This sucks for all of us. The divisiveness that is created by assuming that anyone that doesn't agree with your actions hates you is one of the biggest problems society is facing and, to me, is a giant fucking cop out. Explain why you think it is OK to go on vacation. Include who your gaggle includes, how you are getting there, where you are staying, where you are eating...you know...this shit that effects the longevity and severity of the pandemic.

Are you the Roll Gybe from back in the day that used to post around here?

come to colorado instead breck loves tourists and you will be welcomed here just bring your money and your kids everything will feel normal you'll love it don't get all down by the people telling you to stay home travel bro I've been all over keeps your mind fresh and a smile on your face

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    come to colorado instead breck loves tourists and you will be welcomed here just bring your money and your kids everything will feel normal you'll love it don't get all down by the people telling you to stay home travel bro I've been all over keeps your mind fresh and a smile on your face
    I stay home so Freddie can ride his bike and spread STDs all over the Intermountain West. We got this! It's a team effort.

What's one more crew of masked up entitled Biden voters complying? Facebook needs ya. Don't worry, we might loose a couple parents & grandparents and send a few folks down the mental health drain but don't worry your kids will still come out on top! Don't forget the Starbucks at the airport and Ipads for all the kids! Probably should but the Chandonney and the Pendleton's in the checked luggage, shit is price back behind the curtain.

the line of cars at the frisco starbucks is unerving at times 15 deep at least
    my social media feed is deep right now another full lock down would be nice right about now I'm missing driving all over the state with no traffic the days you look back at and remember