Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RollGybe View Post

Do you have a phone number for Fauci? I didn't find anything on Linkedin.
    'Prolly just catch up with him at the Tram Club. He'll be old guy in the one piece and the SX91s holding court with this mask on.

Those were good boots, but you had to put the 71 liners in them to really make them sing.

Force-9s or 93s for the win.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This was the stage in the innovation phase where a strip of 3M tape on a ski was something you paid Tomba to advertise.

This has been insightful.
    I've enjoyed it, fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    If you do this, is it really any worse than Woodsy going from CT to Huntah? Or does COVID care about distance traveled outside the bubble? Probably lots of front rangers and east coasters that are driving into different counties to ski, but I'm not sure they are gathering the ire seen here. .
    Ire away
    So far Colin and I drive to Mohawk Mtn, dbl mask ( mask and face tube, baclaava for him), and ride the lift together. We dont go in the Lodge for any reason. Eat in car. 2 night ski trips & 1 day. Get there early as possible and leave if it gets really crowded. Social distancing is easy in line with skis. Adding the wife to the mix tomorrow may be a problem as even as bad ass of a NH chick as she is, not sure how she is peeing outside.
    Safe as I can see it, likely safer if we stayed home, true.

had plan to ski in VT & NH this winter to, drive to destinations, but haven been able to wrap my head around place to stay.

Hotels or rental houses are an option, if I may make a suggestion of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    ZZZ, it is a continuum of behavior. There is no line other than the ones that we all make for ourselves to justify our actions. It's like the George Carlin driving joke. Everyone else is either unnecessarily conservative or a mouth breather responsible for the pandemic.

Ya'll probably think I'm on the conservative side. I work either outside, or with on one. I've slept outside of either my own bed or the back of my truck exactly once in the last year. I haven't seen my mid 70s parents or inlaws in about 18 month. I haven't been inside a bar or restaurant or anywhere besides a grocery store in 11 months. I don't go inside my friends houses. Is that extreme...I don't know. But I do know that I but recreations travel via airplane with a gaggle pretty far down my list of priorities for our society.

But hey, you do you. It's America, FY!

I do hope you find ways to see your inlaws more often. 18 months is a long time. Even longer than the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    had plan to ski in VT & NH this winter to, drive to destinations, but haven been able to wrap my head around place to stay.
    After satisfying VT quarantine requirements, of course?

Some may debate whether traveling to ski this year is a bad decision.

What is an indubitably a bad decision? Going on ski soc-media to ask about it!

Hey you asked how to "navigate". Seems like most of the responses are "don't". But hey, if you "have to". Drive with your family only, get a condo, go to the grocery once. Cook or get take out. Play board games and drink beer in the evenings.
    *If* you "have" to go... this is the way. Furthermore - if you "have" to go, just do it and STFU about it. Don't start a thread about *how* to do it.

But seriously - just don't do it this season.

I don't hate you, I have empathy for your situation. This sucks for all of us. The divisiveness that is created by assuming that anyone that doesn't agree with your actions hates you is one of the biggest problems society is facing and, to me, is a giant f*-ing cop out. Explain why you think it is OK to go on vacation. Include who your gaggle includes, how you are getting there, where you are staying, where you are eating...you know...this shit that effects the longevity and severity of the pandemic.
    Hey you asked how to "navigate". Seems like most of the responses are "don't". But hey, if you "have to". Drive with your family only, get a condo, go to the grocery once. Cook or get take out. Play board games and drink beer in the evenings.
    I appreciate foggy's posts -

to the OP's questions,
    - no one (in this thread) reports being impacted by Alta's parking restrictions ;
    - your kids are only more likely to 'get plowed by a snowboarder' at Brighton than they are at Alta - ( otherwise, it is probably a relatively equal-opportunity risk ) ;
    - UTA buses ? with a gaggle of kids ? and you report mistakes are magnified 100x with your kids...
    UTA buses... (?) I hope you are kidding - ( similarly, to attempting to ride the tram with a gaggle of kids - )

so. I am with foggy and BobMc - and this is my summary of the thread to date

( I hope you don't take the virus to your kids' Grandparents )

Good luck. skiJ

( I try to avoid threads like this as I try to avoid feeding trolls . . .

Gbye may be a decent person, but this thread,,, I cannot encourage - )
    Last edited by skiJ; 02-15-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks for a few helpful points. Clearly the question about the busses was preceded by the question about the parking lots.
    That was a red-light question.

BTW, if you think this I'm out of the ordinary, TSA passengers spiked this week to the high.

People are ready to rock with vaccines being received. That's not opinion. That's quantifiable.

... and yeah, I can troll a little bit when people start telling me to fuck off and make lewd comments about children...

Thanks for a few helpful points. Clearly the question about the busses was preceded by the question about the parking lots.
    That was a red-light question.

BTW, if you think this I'm out of the ordinary, TSA passengers spiked this week to the high.

People are ready to rock with vaccines being received. That's not opinion. That's quantifiable.

... and yeah, I can troll a little bit when people start telling me to fuck off and make lewd comments about children...

And everyone visited family during Thanksgiving and Xmas and there were spikes afterwards. "That's not opinion. That's quantifiable".

There are a lot of dumb people in this country. Just because TSA passenger numbers are up, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I don't really understand how you didn't expect people to start telling you to fuck off when you started a thread "hey, I am coming to your ski town to possibly spread Rona. Give me some tips about your town". It's tone deaf AF. You're the type of ski tourist that everyone hates, even in non-pandemic times.

Since you used quotes, I will point out that I have been misquoted. I did not say: "hey, I am coming to your ski town to possibly spread Rona. Give me some tips about your town".

And yes there are are a lot of dumb people in this country.

About 71% of people in the USA think they are smarter than the average, which makes 30% of that group very dangerous!

Anyone remember the time Buster Hymen had a sore throat and forum members were climbing over each other to diagnose his malady?

Since you used quotes, I will point out that I have been misquoted. I did not say: "hey, I am coming to your ski town to possibly spread Rona. Give me some tips about your town".

And yes there are are a lot of dumb people in this country.

About 71% of people in the USA think they are smarter than the average, which makes 30% of that group very dangerous!

When you started the thread with *the equivalent* of : "hey, I am coming to your ski town to possibly spread Rona. Give me some tips about your town".

Are you happy now Mr. Pendantic?

At least Catfish is more forthright with his covidd trolling.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 804
Size:  36.4 KB

I would be worried about this however. The exodus out of California is remarkable.
    They will all end up in Albertsons, I fear.

you guys must be real hungry for troll bait today.....

^ this

^ this
    Got to give it to you, you started a very funny troll thread. Have fun in Texas with the influx of Californians.

Those Californians in Texas are very cold today.
    They should come warm up with a meal at El Chanante.

Now, that’s good
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Those Californians in Texas are very cold today.
    They should come warm up with a meal at El Chanante.

It must suck to live in Texas (or Florida, Arizona or Oklahoma). I feel bad for you, no wonder you're salty.

Maybe it does. I'd have to ask around.

For a guy claiming to own it, your done zero to describe your proposed vaca in a thread where you came in asking for advice on your vaca. From talking from my friends around the country, the attitudes from the people that live in areas where people GO on vacation tends to be different that the attitudes of people that live in the place where others GO ON VACATION TO.

You asked for the pro-tips on how to navigate COVID on a hypothetical vacation in UT. You got the "how about you don't go on vacation bro?" and then you responded with "Bro, don't you know lots of people are going on vacation?".

Maybe you don't come around here much these days so here is the backstory to where I live. Winter Park, USA. COVID is running through the lifties because, well, they act like tourists. Our at the bars, drinking, fighting and fucking as you would expect. The ski area is hanging on with barely enough staff due to quarantine. We just went back to code red with no in person dining. Indoor gatherings, including your own home are prohibited. STRs that go through a management company need to sign an affidavit stating that they are one household.

We are trying to keep our kids in school. My old 50s-ish landlord just died land week from COVID. Mechanism of transmission was entitled rich students bought it back from family vacation>infected teacher>infected live in boyfriends>dead.

So yeah, that's how I feel about your vacation.