Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    i've never had truly good italian food in slc, so i agree completely. it's pretty bad here.

with seafood - i think it depends on what you mean exactly. sushi, yeah, slc has great sushi. as good as any big city, though with FAR fewer options (we have two great sushi bars, compared to the 25 that SFC has). gulf area seafood - no contest, slc is practically a food desert in that regard. any time i'm in new orleans i realize just how poor our seafood scene is. nothing that even comes close to crawfish etouffee here.

can't speak to deli sandwiches but i like feldman's and grove deli and i can get them on my way back from a powder day, so

and to be clear, skidog, since you and i fight about this alla time, my point isn't to say that slc is AS GOOD as nyc, sfc, whatever. that is asinine - it's a total apples to oranges comparison. all i'm saying is that there are surprisingly good (even amazing) culinary experiences in slc.
    Excellent run down of the SLC food scene. Anyone who judges food based on Italian restaurants, -1. It’s one of the only cuisines I never pay for. Way too easy to cook. Fuck paying $20+ for a pasta dish. That’s like paying $20 for General Tso. Learn how to cook. I’m sure it exists but I’ve yet to have seen good Mexican in the NE. I grew up in a fishing town. If you didn’t catch it, it’s not fresh. All sushi is frozen, including in the priciest restaurant in Japan. There’s good food everywhere, if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I live in such a culinary waste land that the City Market in Gypsum is a treat.

Correct me where I'm wrong
    There is no city market in gyptucky.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    There is no city market in gyptucky.
    I never have learned the name of the down valley Eagle County towns. It's on the north side of the highway between Trough Rd. and Dotsero. Wherever it is, both the MILF scene and the food kick the shit out of what we got here but still can't compare with Harmons.

I never have learned the name of the down valley Eagle County towns. It's on the north side of the highway between Trough Rd. and Dotsero. Wherever it is, both the MILF scene and the food kick the shit out of what we got here but still can't compare with Harmons.
    now the avon city market is tops for milf hunting but the chicks all have sticks in their ass and are realtors
    but yeah the eagle city market is a very nice store super jelous because the one in breck makes you want to slit your wrists and the milf equation in eagle is super (breck milfs all look like worn out moms from highlands ranch) they have all types of milfs to choose from in eagle and its always nice to shop there

Nice to see this thread has settled in on a purpose.....and that the OP now knows where best to eat and find a little side action when/if he makes a trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JTG4 View Post
    Nice to see this thread has settled in on a purpose.....and that the OP now knows where best to eat and find a little side action when/if he makes a trip!
    All he really has to know about is the "mormon trespass" maybe a little "park and soak".

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    All he really has to know about is the "mormon trespass" maybe a little "park and soak".
    Ahhh....UD helped with the “trespass”....but not the “park and soak”.

Yeah, you can proceed directly to “gaper quote” with ^^^!

Has anyone suggested the OP vacation in Cancun? If not, OP--vacation in Cancun.

It's called, wait for it.... Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Has anyone suggested the OP vacation in Cancun? If not, OP--vacation in Cancun.
    Can I cruz for milfs there? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Can I cruz for milfs there? Asking for a friend.
    I think your friend would have better luck cruzing for teenagers. Boys or girls.

I think your friend would have better luck cruzing for teenagers. Boys or girls.
    I don't know, I believe slc has a huge swingers scene, and for sure has it's fair share of fucking hot, bored housewives. I'd try the cruz

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I don't know, I believe slc has a huge swingers scene, and for sure has it's fair share of fucking hot, bored housewives. I'd try the cruz

We were talking about Cancun. Pay attention.

We were talking about Cancun. Pay attention.
    Oooooh Ted Cruz....my bad...

If you can drive, stay in an Airbnb with only members of your household and eat only there, stay out of gondolas and trams, not take lessons or put your kids in them, back off if you see lots of maskless people in lines then I don't see a problem. If you can't d all of those things than stay home or go to someplace where you can do all of those things. The skiing itself isn't spreading the virus. The locals are pissed because things are crowded, the way things and locals are every year. The key is no indoor exposure to anyone you don't live with. And a semi-enclosed tent with propane heaters is not outdoors.

Frankly though, ski trips with a bunch of kids are tough enough in a normal year; in a pandemic there's just way to much to keep track of for it to be anything other than a stress.

Anyone who bought an IKON pass who doesn't live within driving distance of an Alterra resort is insane IMO.
    We just went on a ski trip with our kid. Not stressful at all. But my kid likes to wear his mask. Even wore it for a few hours of the drive in the car.

As you stated, drive from home, stay in our own place, cook our own food we brought from home and do not kick any of the door knobs.

But this thread is a ton of fun to read. People are fucking bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Thank you Foggy for articulating the frustrations with tourists that many of us share right now

Also there are no places where you can legally sleep in your van anywhere near the cottonwoods. UPD patrols all the trailhead lots and park and rides for campers every night. The closest place you can camp I think is the KOA downtown, or you could drive a bit further and camp on BLM land in the west desert. Camping is a bit easier on the PC side but its no picnic in winter. Sleeping in a van to ski SLC is not a viable suggestion.
    Are there no Walmarts in SLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Are there no Walmarts in SLC?
    The ones on the east side of the valley don't allow camping. The ones on the west side that do, well I wouldn't sleep there. I have a story about a broken window in the middle of the fucking day to back that up.

Closest legal parking lot camping that you don't have to worry about getting stabbed might be cabellas in Lehi?

Tips on navigating SLC areas with family this year

in regards to a deli, I see the difference being, say I live in Sandy and want a good sandwich? Not many options other than a 20 min drive downtown...on the east coast? You could throw a stone at 5 good delis from your house in most places. Otherwise i'd agree the quality of the deli sandwiches isnt all that much different. They do seem to use more quality meats around the east, but that might be a distribution thing? (though harmons has board head). as for italian, chinese, japanese, greek, halal, and on and on, its hard to be the NYC tri state area.

I know SLC is called a "city" but as a kid who grew up 45 min from Manhattan, and saw what a hustle bustle city was like, one that pretty much "never sleeps", moving to salt lake CITY was a shock. Most nights at 7pm downtown is virtually dead....its getting better, but i am sure you see my point. SLC is like a small town, compared to Manhattan, LA, Miami, Denver, etc.
    Few compare to NYC for hustle and bustle. I don’t think Denver, Miami or even LA are I the same category. Paris, London, Rome, Tokyo compare. NYC really never sleeps. I used to get out of work between midnight and 3am when I worked there. I could always find someone to hang out with and something to do when I got out. Most US cities shut down by 2am. Fuck those backwater towns.

Now I go to sleep at 9pm, so I’m good where I’m living now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Few compare to NYC for hustle and bustle. I don’t think Denver, Miami or even LA are I the same category. Paris, London, Rome, Tokyo compare. NYC really never sleeps. I used to get out of work between midnight and 3am when I worked there. I could always find someone to hang out with and something to do when I got out. Most US cities shut down by 2am. Fuck those backwater towns.

Now I go to sleep at 9pm, so I’m good where I’m living now.
    Sacramento shuts down at 8PM . . . .on weekends. 5PM during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    The ones on the east side of the valley don't allow camping. The ones on the west side that do, well I wouldn't sleep there. I have a story about a broken window in the middle of the fucking day to back that up.

Closest legal parking lot camping that you don't have to worry about getting stabbed might be cabellas in Lehi?
    The Walmart off of Parleys always has campers posted up. My old work commute.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I agree, and have said as much, with your last statement...whole post this time really..

And I dont consider this an "argument" just a difference in opinion.

True people born and raised in SLC/Utah just dont have any idea what they are missing, so to them it IS good/great...there are gems, just have to work for em.

SLC still got a lot of growing to live up to the "city" in its name.
    was this a response to the meme, "say you are a beater without saying you are a beater" ??