Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves are rad.

What's really incredible is this bill goes against our state constitution and will absolutely end up in court. The insulting part of it all is the 2002 management plan never spells out the number 150. It does spell out breeding pairs and management tactics for above and below the target. The plan also outlines that the objectives are to keep enough of a population to stay off the ESA. It also defines who manages the population-IDFG and who would create a wolf management committee if needed-IDFG and USDA in coordination. I doubt any of these legislators have actually read the management plan and are contradicting about 95% of it with this bill. On top of that, Idaho's elk population has been steady and hitting target numbers for many years.

Bunch of fucking assholes.

36-103. WILDLIFE PROPERTY OF STATE — PRESERVATION. (a) Wildlife Policy. All wildlife, including all wild animals, wild birds, and fish, within the state of Idaho, is hereby declared to be the property of the state of Idaho. It shall be preserved, protected, perpetuated, and managed. It shall be only captured or taken at such times or places, under such conditions, or by such means, or in such manner, as will preserve, protect, and perpetuate such wildlife, and provide for the citizens of this state and, as by law permitted to others, continued supplies of such wildlife for hunting, fishing and trapping.
    (b) Commission to Administer Policy. Because conditions are changing and in changing affect the preservation, protection, and perpetuation of Idaho wildlife, the methods and means of administering and carrying out the state’s policy must be flexible and dependent on the ascertainment of facts which from time to time exist and fix the needs for regulation and control of fishing, hunting, trapping, and other activity relating to wildlife, and because it is inconvenient and impractical for the legislature of the state of Idaho to administer such policy, it shall be the authority, power and duty of the fish and game commission to administer and carry out the policy of the state in accordance with the provisions of the Idaho fish and game code. The commission is not authorized to change such policy but only to administer it.
    Not that anyone looks at state law... and really, if Idaho botches our management plan, the Feds take back over and the hunting of wolves will be over per the plan and most likely wolves will go back on the ESA. Not real big picture thinkers around these parts.

One of the wolves being tracked in California has made it down and over to slo county

Seems the bone of contention is how many wolves is “too many” and lots of the pro-cull crowd want not many wolves around.

Sure science is a thing but setting population number objectives based in part on estimated human conflict (as Wisconsin did) is inherently political in its choice of how much conflict is “ok”.

Legislative overrule of Fish and Game management for population reduction is dumb... just like Colorado's ballot initiative mandating "reintroduction" of wolves.

I support hunting with numbers managed by scientists, but leave it to the pros.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Seems the bone of contention is how many wolves is “too many” and lots of the pro-cull crowd want not many wolves around.

Sure science is a thing but setting population number objectives based in part on estimated human conflict (as Wisconsin did) is inherently political in its choice of how much conflict is “ok”.
    Pretty obvious though right? Our politicians are flat out liars and pieces of shit. This wolf bill isn’t even the most outrageous and hypocritical bill passed this year by a long shot.

House Majorty Leader Moyle said wolves are decimating the elk population. RMEF is generally against wolves and had this to say on 2020 elk in Idaho.

https://www.rmef.org/elk-network/ida...nting-outlook/

Fish and Game is currently meeting or exceeding its population goals for bull elk in 17 of 22 elk zones, and 16 out of 22 for cow elk, Ward said. The elk harvest in 2019 was down from the prior year by about 8 percent, but it was still good for fourteenth highest of all time, and fifth highest in the past decade. The statewide elk harvest has exceeded 20,000 annually for the last six years, which has not happened since the all-time high harvests between 1988-96.

“We are in the second Golden Age of Idaho elk hunting,” Ward said.
    Maybe our legislators don’t want to settle for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Believe it or not I truly know Pio would have voted the high road on this one.
    He would have overturned it.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Legislative overrule of Fish and Game management for population reduction is dumb... just like Colorado's ballot initiative mandating "reintroduction" of wolves.

I support hunting with numbers managed by scientists, but leave it to the pros.
    If only this approach could be codified or put in an easy to read pamphlet to hand out to all these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Pretty obvious though right? Our politicians are flat out liars and pieces of shit. This wolf bill isn’t even the most outrageous and hypocritical bill passed this year by a long shot.

House Majorty Leader Moyle said wolves are decimating the elk population. RMEF is generally against wolves and had this to say on 2020 elk in Idaho.

https://www.rmef.org/elk-network/ida...nting-outlook/

Maybe our legislators don’t want to settle for gold.
    Are you asking legislators to actually research something before passing a law about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    He would have overturned it.
    GOLD.
    I still call it The Jake.

This page makes me hate some people even more...

I would like to hunt a few of those fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The Idaho legislature is bat shit crazy looking to interfere w every facet of life. They want to usurp the professional responsibility from the education, f&g, and public health for a start.

They have also limited the public’s ability to initiate ballot initiatives.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And it begins.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...3-c132e463dfe3

If this happens, IDFG will lose about a third of its fed funding. That third is about 15% or so of its overall budget.

Bunch of fucking amateurs running this state.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    This page makes me hate some people even more...

I would like to hunt a few of those fucks.
    Hello California Comrad ! There is many places you can hunt rednecks in Idaho ! First you can take a look at this https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/idaho/ and then go to any red county listed most popular bar and announce your new "hunger games" plan to hunt rednecks. Don't forget to tell them you are from California ! It will add to your new popularity !

The same goes with Conundrum ! We all know he lives in the North End of Boise . A very diverse white neighborhood. The people who live in the North End are actually hated by most of the people in areas that aren't in the North End of Boise in the state of Idaho. If Liv2Ski wanted to talk shit about hunting humans in Conundrum's neighborhood it won't be a problem considering how diverse the 99% white rich liberal neighborhood the North End of Boise is. There is a reason Conundrum has plates that don't have 1A on them. Reason being everyone in Idaho hates Boise 1A people who travel in state to deep red areas and recreate. But the egotistical liberal Boise North Enders have plates that disguise themselves. Or so they think.

Everyone in Idaho hates Boise North End Liberals . Believe me I'm on the inside of the takeover of Idaho. To hopefully turn Boise into Portland and turn Idaho into California like Conundrum wants. I'm taking the long game Conundrum is just virtue signaling to his e frends on this washed up forum. I will make a change ! #RESIST

Hope you’re well Brett.

CHOOT EM

Wolves are rad... and they're good for the ecosystem... so here's your chance to stick up for them in Idaho. We may just be grasping at straws here, but why not tell IDFW what you think:
    https://idfg.idaho.gov/form/public-s...o-wolf-seasons
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

Camper shoots, injures Idaho family’s dog after mistaking her for a wolf

Rob Kolb and his 16-year-old daughter, Piper, were backpacking at North Fork Lake in the Boulder Mountains with their Alaskan malamute, Suki, when the dog wandered to a nearby campsite. A camper there believed Suki was a wolf and fired three bullets from a handgun, striking the dog in the head and neck.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...er-for-a-wolf/

Go get em Idaho!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The Idaho legislature is bat shit crazy looking to interfere w every facet of life. They want to usurp the professional responsibility from the education, f&g, and public health for a start.

They have also limited the public’s ability to initiate ballot initiatives.

The irony of GOP governments micro managing so many aspects of the lives of their constituents after decades of lip service around small government is astounding. Not surprisingly we have similar shit here in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    The irony of GOP governments micro managing so many aspects of the lives of their constituents after decades of lip service around small government is astounding. Not surprisingly we have similar shit here in Utah.

Yes, it's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

Rob Kolb and his 16-year-old daughter, Piper, were backpacking at North Fork Lake in the Boulder Mountains with their Alaskan malamute, Suki, when the dog wandered to a nearby campsite. A camper there believed Suki was a wolf and fired three bullets from a handgun, striking the dog in the head and neck.

Go get em Idaho!
    I am so fucking sick of idiots with guns.
    I still call it The Jake.

Wolves are rad.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

Go get em Idaho!
    JHFC?!?!? Where to even begin? Was this the guys first day…of ever being outside ever?

The man woulda shit his pants if he saw a real wolf holy shit. In a twisted way, Good for the dog that the assailant was depending on Wally World ball ammo to defend himself against wildlife.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I hope there was a man around to ram that guys pistol up his ass. Shoot my Malamute, one of us is going to die. I will never visit that fucked up state.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Uh...Why the fuck bring a dog backpacking in the first place? And why the fuck are you letting it get into other people's camp? Lots of dumbshit dog owners in the world. Unfortunately the dogs sometimes pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Uh...Why the fuck bring a dog backpacking in the first place? And why the fuck are you letting it get into other people's camp? Lots of dumbshit dog owners in the world. Unfortunately the dogs sometimes pay the price.
    "The man reportedly told the Kolbs that he closed his eyes when pulling the trigger to shoot at Suki."

There’s a dumbfuck alright, the dumbfuck with the pistol he didn’t know how to use.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    There’s a dumbfuck alright, the dumbfuck with the pistol he didn’t know how to use.
    Imagine, after reading that story, the first thing you say is "who brings a dog camping?"